Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56860 times)

RossRoy

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2010, 04:34:20 AM »
I remember reading/hearing about how it was done for people who didn't have a savegame from the first one. I believe there is a briefing scene or a doctor sequence or such at the beginning, and if you didn't have a save you'd be asked questions. The answers would then create the scenario similar to whatever you ended up with when actually playing the first one.

Yeah, there's a small scene with a doctor asking broad questions about what happened in the first game. But still, a lot of little nuggets and little moments just won't make any sense without having played ME1. Mind you, they're not even present without importing a ME1 savegame, so it's somewhat of a non-issue, but still, I'm currently replaying ME1 for those little nuggets, I loved them!

Heards there'll be around 1000 different branching choices imported for ME3's story. Must be a coding nightmare!

While two minutes in, shouldn't that be considered a spoiler, to remain it fresh for new players...?

Well.. yeah, for those who played ME1. For those who jump straight into ME2.. I don't know. I've added the spoiler tag. I'm sorry about that.

(click to show/hide)

I wonder if the impact of the ending of ME2 would be as big for someone who hasn't played ME1  :hmmmm:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:38:24 AM by RossRoy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 18, 2010, 06:13:17 AM »
Well, apparently there are "no plans" to port ME1 to the PS3, so it's a moot point for me. Being hailed as that great game as it is, it surely must easily stand on its own two feet and it's only an added bonus to have those nuggets.

Since it's in the first two minutes, I guess it's not too much of a spoiler and apparently he is being revided or something. No harm done, like I said, this is an extremely mild spoiler, if any.

I am extremely looking forward to this, although January sees also Dead Space 2 coming out, so it's be busy times yet again :slaphead:

RossRoy

« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2010, 02:00:06 PM »
Well, apparently there are "no plans" to port ME1 to the PS3, so it's a moot point for me. Being hailed as that great game as it is, it surely must easily stand on its own two feet and it's only an added bonus to have those nuggets.

Well I don't think that it's about having plans, but about having the rights to them. Microsoft published ME1, so chances are the publishing contract included perpetual exclusive rights to ME1.

Since it's in the first two minutes, I guess it's not too much of a spoiler and apparently he is being revided or something. No harm done, like I said, this is an extremely mild spoiler, if any.

I didn't see it as a spoiler because of that. Shepard dies, but gets revived moments later. Maybe for someone who played ME1 it comes as a shock, but other than that, it just makes for a grand entrance ;)

Najemikon

« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2010, 11:37:46 PM »
Well, I finished Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2. Damn short! But the finale is awesome with a capital OMFGthisisfrigginawesome! :o Even the credit sequence is cool.

Like I say, gameplay is not the best, but for an overall experience, it's top drawer.  :thumbup:

Critter

« Reply #244 on: August 19, 2010, 05:19:18 AM »
How short was it exactly? How many hours do you think you clocked in it?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 19, 2010, 10:33:51 AM »
Well, it isn't on PS3, but I just wanted to say I'm back in the saddle regards Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 after Batman took over... like... forever. Hoping to get it polished off over the next week or two as Mafia II comes out and I won't want that delayed too long!
I have the demo for Mafia II, but not played it yet. Shall do so tomorrow before leaving to the airport. I keep reading that the demo is a rather ugly affair, including bad camera work. Although in defense some people said it's actually an old demo which had been used on some game shows before, so it is very unlikely to represent the final game. I'll read some reviews before buying, but am very interested too.
Played the demo earlier today, didn't want to go to germany without having tried.

The camera is indeed a bit "off" (I am not totally sure what it is, maybe it's too close to the character...?) but the cars and combat felt quite good. The cars have loads of weight to them, just as they should and the guns really go Boom. :laugh: The police seemed a bit too much on their toes, but they are easy to loose too; there also seems to be an "alert" mechanic for the cops after the heat is off, during which one still needs to be careful.

I'll wait for the reviews, if gameplay has even improved since this code was released and the story is good I may give it a go. Have three weeks to cover until Fallout: New Vegas comes out.

Najemikon

« Reply #246 on: August 19, 2010, 12:52:52 PM »
The original Mafia was one of my favourite games. Played it multiple times and the atmosphere is still like no other. GTAIV stole its thunder and I've never been able to get into that nasty little game. It sounds like what you describe is intact from the first one; police response was tailored to the level of crime and how long you could get away for. Being a made guy in the Mafia, obviously the cops were paid off anyway, but still, the game would not allow you to be a maniac.

According to Steam, I've played the game in whatever mode for 14 hours. Now consider I already clocked up five last year, then stopped for Batman, and just recently restarted from scratch, that's less than 10 hours.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #247 on: August 19, 2010, 01:42:07 PM »

I am really, really bad at games but I did it on Xbox on the 2nd difficulty within a week, I have started on Veteran(hardest) on PS3 and that's taking longer as I keep getting pinned down and killed on "Takedown"

snowcat

« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2010, 09:26:03 PM »
Today I got my Playstation 3

...Its a 320GB which is cool... I also got the Move starter pack.

the games I got today are

Heavy Rain
Yakuza 3
bayonetta
resistance: fall of man
Mega Drive Collection
Uncharted 2

Bioshock 2 (special edition)
Street Fighter 4 (Special Edition)

:D .... this is my 27th Game console!! ...I cannot wait to play on it :p

Rogmeister

« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2010, 09:32:23 PM »
Wow, that's a lot of systems!  Do you have that many now or is this in your lifetime?  I think the most I had at one time was 15 but I've gotten rid of (or sold or gave away) a few so I now have only 8 systems.  The only systems I currently have they are still making games for are the PS2 and the portable Nintendo DS.  I have never had a PS3, Wii or Xbox 360.

Najemikon

« Reply #250 on: September 18, 2010, 09:45:28 PM »
You should get a Wii, Roger. They seem to have loads of classic Nintendo games available as downloads. :thumbup:

snowcat

« Reply #251 on: September 18, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »
I have those all now Roger :p

...Video Games are my second passion ;) next to movies!

Rogmeister

« Reply #252 on: September 18, 2010, 11:56:58 PM »
You ought to list all the ones you have now then  :whistle:

My systems: Playstation 1 and 2, original Xbox, Atari Jaguar, Sega Dreamcast, and 3 from Nintendo: Super Nintendo, GameCube and the portable DS.  My most recent game purchase was for the PS2...Call of Duty: World At War, Final Fronts.  Isn't it illegal to have two subtitles for one game?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 19, 2010, 09:58:51 AM »
Congratulations, Emma! I have a 80GB model and upgraded to 320GB myself...

I am not playing online a lot, but my PSN ID can be found in the spoiler of my signature.

Heavy Rain
Yakuza 3
bayonetta
resistance: fall of man
Mega Drive Collection
Uncharted 2

Bioshock 2 (special edition)
Street Fighter 4 (Special Edition)
A cool collection of games.

I am sure you know that Heavy Rain (interesting game :thumbup:)) will be patched for Move shortly (9/28, I think)? So you might want to wait for that...

I really liked Resistance: Fall of Man, much more than the second one, actually. Uncharted 2 was almost everyone's game of the Year last year, so not much to say there ;)

snowcat

« Reply #254 on: September 19, 2010, 11:00:44 AM »
:p Current systems:

Sega Master System
2 Sega Megadrives
Sega CD
Sega 32X
Sega Saturn
Dreamcast
Game Gear

Nes
Super Nintendo
N64
Game Cube
Wii
Gameboy
Game boy Colour
Gameboy Advance (and SP)
Gameboy Micro
Nintendo DS

Xbox
Xbox 360

Atari 2600
Atari Jaguar
Atari Lynx

2 Playstation one
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
PSP

Neo Geo Pocket Colour

2 Game.com

;)

Achim :p I have only played Bayonetta so far, its a pretty cool game.... reminds me of Devil May Cry 4. Im also enjoying Street Fighter 4 :D I will add you on to my friends list though.... my id is The_Snowcat