Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56856 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »
Haha, I suppose we just like to show off in front of each other. Even though I don't have much to show off yet.

Although, in my case it's not just about comparing trophies to other people, I really just like having trophies for myself. I like to look at them and get a really good idea of just where I am up to in a particular game, and how far I have still to go. It's a great way to organise my games in my head. If I started playing games without trophies I think it would throw off a nice balance.
I agree with all of that :thumbup:

Najemikon

« Reply #226 on: August 17, 2010, 03:09:56 PM »
Well, it isn't on PS3, but I just wanted to say I'm back in the saddle regards Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 after Batman took over... like... forever. Hoping to get it polished off over the next week or two as Mafia II comes out and I won't want that delayed too long!

COD is not a great game in terms of actually playing-a-game (although a snowbound sniper level is quality), but the spectacle is awesome. I'm just exploring what's left of Washington and it's a sobering sight. It's all very jingoistic, but good fun.  :thumbup:

But still counting the days until Mafia II. Mind you, Worms gets released the day before!  :yahoo:

Critter

« Reply #227 on: August 17, 2010, 03:32:08 PM »
I have never played any COD game, seems very much just a bunch of guys going around shooting each other up. God, most games are. In fact I am getting sick of it, just for once I would like to play as a female in a good game.

RossRoy

« Reply #228 on: August 17, 2010, 03:34:45 PM »
You could always get Beyond Good & Evil.. although that was on Xbox 1.

In Mass Effect you can play as a female Shepard ;)
Same with Dragon Age: Origins

Critter

« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2010, 03:35:39 PM »
I am aware that in both of those games you can choose your gender at the start, but that's two out of how many? And I can't even play one of them.

RossRoy

« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2010, 03:38:17 PM »
Yeah I know.. not too many leading ladies in games. And I actually wonder why..

If I'm going to stare at a character for hours on end, I'd prefer a female  :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2010, 03:41:29 PM »
Ah, one of my favourite games a few years ago was No One Lives Forever 2. It was an first person shooter following super-spy Cate Archer. It was a very 60s style spy caper with hilarious villains and very cool gadgets. Amazing game. Wish they'd do another, but they went on to do F.E.A.R.

A games magazine commented the other day that F.E.A.R. was very good, but what a shame it took attention away from N.O.L.F.

Critter

« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2010, 03:46:47 PM »
Yeah I know.. not too many leading ladies in games. And I actually wonder why..

If I'm going to stare at a character for hours on end, I'd prefer a female  :laugh:

:laugh:
You and I both.
When it comes to games with leading females I am limited to titles such as WET and Bayonetta. Not only is WET an awful name but I've only heard bad things about the game. And Bayonetta... hmm

What I want is an Assassin's Creed with a leading female assassin.

Jon, that game looks interesting haha. I love how some of the girls cartwheel out of the way  :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2010, 03:51:14 PM »
They're the ninjas. Just one of several types of villain. They're all funny though because you can sneak around in some levels and overhear the guards chatting and some of the things they talk about are hilarious!

Worth playing even now if you can find it.

Critter

« Reply #234 on: August 17, 2010, 03:58:42 PM »
I'm watching some videos of it on youtube, it seems like a really funny game.

RossRoy

« Reply #235 on: August 17, 2010, 05:54:55 PM »
Well Sophie, looks like part of your wish has been heard:
http://www.1up.com/news/mass-effect-2-coming-playstation

Critter

« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2010, 02:43:53 AM »
 :o :o

I can hardly let myself even believe that article is real, it sounds too good to be true. If I think it's real then I might be let down later, if it is actually the truth then  :yu: :yahoo:

RossRoy

« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2010, 03:13:18 AM »
It was always only a matter of time, ever since Bioware got bought out by EA.

You're in for a treat! Mass Effect 2 is awesome!

I wonder how they'll handle the fact the ME1 can't be played on Playstation at all. Though if I am to be perfectly honest, ME2's story doesn't really tie in with the first all that much. It is a "logical" continuation from the first one, but it can be enjoyed without having played the first.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:27:53 AM by RossRoy »

Critter

« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2010, 03:24:37 AM »
I find that most games can be enjoyed without playing the first. Assassin's Creed 2, Uncharted 2 etc. I personally played the first game for both of them but I feel if I didn't I would have been able to enjoy it just as much.

It says that Mass Effect will be released on PS3 in January, which is when my birthday is  ;D

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2010, 03:31:14 AM »
Well, it isn't on PS3, but I just wanted to say I'm back in the saddle regards Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 after Batman took over... like... forever. Hoping to get it polished off over the next week or two as Mafia II comes out and I won't want that delayed too long!
I have the demo for Mafia II, but not played it yet. Shall do so tomorrow before leaving to the airport. I keep reading that the demo is a rather ugly affair, including bad camera work. Although in defense some people said it's actually an old demo which had been used on some game shows before, so it is very unlikely to represent the final game. I'll read some reviews before buying, but am very interested too.ยด

I saw the news about Mass Effect 2 myself last night and got quite excited. Most review sites name it to be one of the contenders for Game Of The Year!

As for female action characters, how about Lara Croft?

WET is a bit of a strange title, but it refers to "wet work", which is when someone goes around doing loads of killing jobs. I played the demo and found it cool to look it and all, but I didn't like that I was practically forced to use all those special moves or she'd get killed almost in an instant.

I wonder how they'll handle the fact the ME1 can't be played on Playstation at all. Though if I am to be perfectly honest, ME2's story doesn't really tie in with the first all that much. It is a "logical" continuation from the first one, but it can be enjoyed without having played the first.
I remember reading/hearing about how it was done for people who didn't have a savegame from the first one. I believe there is a briefing scene or a doctor sequence or such at the beginning, and if you didn't have a save you'd be asked questions. The answers would then create the scenario similar to whatever you ended up with when actually playing the first one.

(click to show/hide)
While two minutes in, shouldn't that be considered a spoiler, to remain it fresh for new players...?