Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56873 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2010, 08:25:35 PM »
I tend to check the store updates online on a Thursday night or a Friday morning, and if anything (especially limited edition costumes) catches my eye, I head to the PS3 fairly promptly.
Oh, I am right with you on this.

I check the US store on Wednesday morning (I am 17 hours ahead).
I check the German/UK stores on Wednesday night and/or Thursday morning.
I check the Taiwan store on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

If it's free, I take it.

I often check in the morning so that trailers or demos (larger stuff) can download while I am at work. I am usually informed through websites what to expect though.

Critter

« Reply #181 on: July 09, 2010, 07:05:57 AM »
Today I got Assassin's Creed 2 for $38.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 07:15:03 AM by Critter »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2010, 08:54:33 AM »
Today I got Assassin's Creed 2 for $38.
Good game.

Umm, you played the first one and liked it, right? If so, you should be in for a treat; as far as I know they removed the boring bits and mostly improved gameplay. I quite enjoyed.

There is DLC available on PSN, but be aware that it is very short and mostly not replayable!

Critter

« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2010, 09:01:21 AM »
I did play the first one, and I liked it for the most part but I got bored in the end of aimless wandering and sometimes not knowing where or what to do next. I heard that they fixed a lot of those problems in this sequel so I am looking forward to it. I haven't tried downloadable content yet, although I did see some for Arkham Asylum that looked good.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2010, 09:44:12 AM »
I did play the first one, and I liked it for the most part but I got bored in the end of aimless wandering and sometimes not knowing where or what to do next.
That is definitely fixed.

As for DLC, make sure that the "locality" of your game disc matched the "locality" of the DLC, then you are fine. Since I have accounts in several PSN Stores I have previosuly accidentaly downloaded from the wrong one :weep:

Critter

« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2010, 03:52:46 PM »
As you can probably tell from my new sig my 'replay' of Uncharted has been cut short with the arrival of Assassin's Creed II. I just couldn't help myself and had to start playing right away. So far I am loving it, it flows much better as a game than the original AC, and I am finding it hard to put the controller down with this one.

I do plan to complete my rerun of Uncharted, but that will probably wait now until I finish AC2.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »
and I am finding it hard to put the controller down with this one.
I remember the feeling all too well :laugh:

"Oh, yeah, I'll collect just one more."

*collects one more*

"Hmmm, well, just one more then..."

Critter

« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2010, 02:38:21 AM »
I sat down to play a quick 20 or 30 minutes of Assassin's Creed 2 last night.

2 hours later I was still playing...  :laugh:

I didn't even realise the time had flew by, it was 1:30am when I finished and in my mind I thought it was still about 12am.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2010, 03:21:13 AM »
and I am finding it hard to put the controller down with this one.
I remember the feeling all too well :laugh:

"Oh, yeah, I'll collect just one more."

*collects one more*

"Hmmm, well, just one more then..."

I've done that before.  Oh I'll just play a little longer..and next thing I know, hours have passed.

Critter

« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2010, 04:04:12 AM »
I currently have 81 trophies but my card keeps saying 72. I've tried reuploading it, refreshing it, making new ones fresh from the site yet it keeps saying 72  :shrug:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2010, 06:06:19 AM »
Maybe it's stuck in your cache...? At least I see 81... :)

Critter

« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2010, 06:14:54 AM »
Oh damn! This is the second time this has happened! I have been seeing 72 instead of 81 for the last two days, and when I finally mention it on here it starts working. Isn't that always the way. I do see 81 as well now.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2010, 09:16:05 AM »
Yes, that how it always is :)

Critter

« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2010, 10:38:35 AM »
Haha I knew it was going to happen. The same thing used to happen to me at school. My laptop would stop working for days and nothing I could do would fix it. Yet whenever I took it to the computer guys they just turned it on and it worked straight away  ::).

RossRoy

« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2010, 02:43:52 PM »
Haha I knew it was going to happen. The same thing used to happen to me at school. My laptop would stop working for days and nothing I could do would fix it. Yet whenever I took it to the computer guys they just turned it on and it worked straight away  ::).

Computer guys have some sort of magnetic aura around them....

that's what my coworkers keep telling me anyway when they call over for "nothing" and my mere presence "fixes" their problem!  :hysterical: