Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56882 times)

Critter

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2010, 04:47:26 AM »
Ah okay, I usually pick up my games from EB Games but I do have a member card at 'Game' and check it out sometimes.

Achim, I just then thought I would replay Uncharted: Drakes Fortune since I previously beat it and try to finish it on crushing. Yet when I did try to do this it said I could only choose Easy, Medium and Hard, it wouldn't let me select Crushing.  :voodoo:. So now I have to replay the game twice I suppose instead of once before I can get the crushing trophy. That's three times for that game! I don't know why it is doing this but it's very frustrating.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2010, 10:45:29 AM »
Achim, I just then thought I would replay Uncharted: Drakes Fortune since I previously beat it and try to finish it on crushing. Yet when I did try to do this it said I could only choose Easy, Medium and Hard, it wouldn't let me select Crushing.  :voodoo:. So now I have to replay the game twice I suppose instead of once before I can get the crushing trophy. That's three times for that game! I don't know why it is doing this but it's very frustrating.
It's been a while, but I think you must select continue after the Hard playthrough, which throws you back to the beginning of the game. From this point you select New Game, which should allow you to choose Crushing.

Did you just boot the disc and select New Game? In that case it may be worth to try to load a previous save from the completed playthrough and then try New Game again.

Critter

« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2010, 01:12:54 PM »
I did load the previous save, it still had all the medals/trophies etc I had achieved but they still weren't showing in my actual trophy area. In the end I put it down to the fact that when I first played this game I wasn't on the PSN yet. I'm just going to start fresh from the start with none of my previous trophies as I can't seem to find any way to make them count.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2010, 02:10:49 PM »
Ah, yes, I remember now. So, of course, if you haven't earned the trophies yet you must start an entirely new game and start from scratch. Trophies are not retroactive. Well, it's a good game, so that is fine...

Critter

« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2010, 02:37:11 PM »
It's definitely a good game for a replay. I am also looking forward to comparing the gameplay and graphics with Uncharted 2 as that is still fresh in my mind.

RossRoy

« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2010, 02:51:57 PM »
Would any of you PS3 owner accept enlightening this puny little gamer?

Do you always have to manually "sync" your trophies with your account?

Because on Xbox the achievements are tied to your account automatically - if you are online while playing, they will be reflected on your online account almost instantaneously. If you happen to be offline at thetime you unlock the achievement, just going online will sync everything up automatically.

And to be honest, I couldn't imagine it any other way...

But then, I'm one of those who doesn't actually care about trophies and achievements. I want play games, that's all.

Critter

« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2010, 02:59:25 PM »
Syncing your trophies really isn't a big deal. It only takes a couple of seconds and happens automatically whenever you click on the trophy section of the home page on the PS3. So technically whenever you want to view your trophies on the machine it syncs anyway, that way it just happens all the time. Honestly I never even notice it, I just go to check my trophies every now and then and it just happens.

RossRoy

« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2010, 04:33:42 PM »
Syncing your trophies really isn't a big deal. It only takes a couple of seconds and happens automatically whenever you click on the trophy section of the home page on the PS3. So technically whenever you want to view your trophies on the machine it syncs anyway, that way it just happens all the time. Honestly I never even notice it, I just go to check my trophies every now and then and it just happens.

Oh ok that makes more sense! I thought you had to manually go on a website to sync it.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2010, 05:41:35 PM »
Oh ok that makes more sense! I thought you had to manually go on a website to sync it.
What I had meant by that was, that you have to go to a website to update the trophy count on that image in the signatures. Even the one from PlayStation.com does not update automatically. :slaphead: The one from MMOS can be done automatically, but is then no longer free of charge.

W0m6at

« Reply #174 on: July 02, 2010, 06:22:37 AM »
It looks like the LittleBigPlanet free costume drought has broken, and how!

Last week Solstice (Druid) costume, this week Sacktue of Liberty. :)
...and the best part is that it would seem these will be transferable to LittleBigPlanet 2!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2010, 07:34:22 AM »
They are re-issues though.

I forgot what Solstice is for, but if anyone wants Sacktue of Liberty then you better be quick, they'll remove it again after the 4th of July. ;)

Critter

« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2010, 03:51:56 PM »
I now have 50 trophies, and when I log on to the PS website it says I have 50. But if I go to the PS3Trophy Card site and try to update it it still says 45  :shrug:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2010, 04:26:40 PM »
I now have 50 trophies, and when I log on to the PS website it says I have 50. But if I go to the PS3Trophy Card site and try to update it it still says 45  :shrug:
Well, the trophy card here says 50 now...

Maybe this: after you update and it shows you your supposed new card you MUST reload the page once before it actually loads the new version.

Critter

« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2010, 04:36:32 PM »
Oh wow, would you look at that. It even has the new Uncharted skin and everything. It's amazing what a good ol refresh can do  :-[

W0m6at

« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »
They are re-issues though.

I forgot what Solstice is for, but if anyone wants Sacktue of Liberty then you better be quick, they'll remove it again after the 4th of July. ;)

Solstice is for the longest day (daylight) of the year (because it's Northern-Hemisphere-oriented software... it was for the shortest day of the year here).
Although I know they're both re-issues, both my friend and I got LBP after the release of these (I didn't own a PS3 until a few weeks before Christmas, and she didn't get hers until Jan or Feb), so it's exciting for me.

I tend to check the store updates online on a Thursday night or a Friday morning, and if anything (especially limited edition costumes) catches my eye, I head to the PS3 fairly promptly.