Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56896 times)

Critter

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2010, 03:42:38 PM »
This is mainly for Jon and Achim, it's the stats I have for Batman: Arkham Asylum so far. Really shows how even though you can technically finish a game and see the credits roll, you can be so far from actual completion.

Challenges: 0%
Riddles: 90/240
Upgrades: 15/20
Character Bios: 20/42
Completed: 66%

Also when I jump online to the Playstation website and log on to my PSN it tells me I am 51% through the trophy collection.

I still have 20 trophies to collect before I can get the platinum trophy for this game.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 03:54:37 PM by Critter »

Najemikon

« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2010, 04:13:31 PM »
You see how much those other elements count. I have my normal game completed at 90%, with all the riddles, upgrades and bios caught, but only 37% of the challenges finished.

So almost two thirds of the challenges count for that remaining 10% and in your case, get everything but the challenges and you should be around 84%.

You should try the challenges, Sophie. I haven't tried them all, but the basic scrapping and stealth levels are a fun way to continue for a bit. They'll help you in the Hard game too, because you should become more adept at combat. When I started, I was just furiously clicking to make him attack... clicks for kicks, you could say! :P But a couple of rounds of the first challenge and it was easy to find how to get some of the secret combo moves.

Critter

« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2010, 02:31:33 AM »
I always planned on doing the challenges I just haven't done it yet. Also I plan on downloading those extra challenge maps from the Playstation Store, such as the "Play as the Joker" one. I couldn't even imagine playing a game like this on PC, the controls must be crazy.

RossRoy

« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2010, 03:46:52 AM »
I always planned on doing the challenges I just haven't done it yet. Also I plan on downloading those extra challenge maps from the Playstation Store, such as the "Play as the Joker" one. I couldn't even imagine playing a game like this on PC, the controls must be crazy.

I tried it on the PC and I kept wanting to use my Xbox controller. So I bought the Xbox version - although I'm nowhere as far along as both of you!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2010, 10:55:03 AM »
Am I correct in assuming that a Bluray from America is not going to work if I attempt to play it on my PS3?

Not in all cases. Check this list. You want something Region B compatible, so either released in a Region B country, or if released in an A country (or far less likely, a C country), then it needs to be free of region-coding, or include a B (some are for example Region A,B).

I usually use this site to check, if a specific US Blu-ray is region coded for B.
The PS3 is a bit special though... I own the Region B Blu-ray of Son of Rambow. It is specified as Region A/Band plays in all (most) Region A players. HOWEVER, the trailers that play during the bootup are in PAL and the PS3 can neither play nor skip them. :weep: I would not want to guarantee that a Region A disc with NTSC trailers before the film might not make similar troubles to a Region B PS3.

I have been told that trophies ARE achievments. I thought it was PS3 - Trophies, Xbox - Achievments.
This is abslutely correct. I think Jon had it backwards...? (he mentioned gamer profile, which is a XBOX term...).

He was right though, that that stuff is stored externally. Once you earned a trophy it is done, no need to redo it in another difficulty or such. Always make sure to Sync your trophies with the server, then they are totally safe with Sony's server.

This is mainly for Jon and Achim, it's the stats I have for Batman: Arkham Asylum so far. Really shows how even though you can technically finish a game and see the credits roll, you can be so far from actual completion.
That is quite true for many games... Uncharted was the same (for me).

lovemunkey187

« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »
Thanks W0m6at and Tom.

I'm after a film called Give 'em Hell Malone, which doesn't seem to be available on UK region.

For some reason I can't access that page(operation aborted)

Najemikon

« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2010, 05:56:18 PM »

I tried it on the PC and I kept wanting to use my Xbox controller. So I bought the Xbox version - although I'm nowhere as far along as both of you!

I can't get on with the controllers, the main reason I've never succumbed to the console fad. When I saw how they made COD easier on the X-Box, likely because of the controller, I was absolutely convinced the PC was here to stay!

Batman is a doddle. Remember you don't need the direction keys because the mouse controls perspective. And doing the combos is easy to, because I have direction, action and use on the mouse, with my other hand free for space, shift, etc. In the other thread you mentioned the struggle to bring the map up? I can carry on running wherever I'm going while looking at it. The only bit that was a struggle were the Scarecrow sections where you had to use direction keys to move him.

Najemikon

« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2010, 06:01:15 PM »
I have been told that trophies ARE achievments. I thought it was PS3 - Trophies, Xbox - Achievments.
This is abslutely correct. I think Jon had it backwards...? (he mentioned gamer profile, which is a XBOX term...).

He was right though, that that stuff is stored externally. Once you earned a trophy it is done, no need to redo it in another difficulty or such. Always make sure to Sync your trophies with the server, then they are totally safe with Sony's server.

Wow, now I'm getting confused! :stars: I'll have used an X-Box term though because the PC version uses Windows Live Games or whatever, which is a clone of the X-Box thing.

But, once more, with feeling! :laugh: The things in the game, that the Riddler leaves and the Spirit of Arkham tablets, are, as far as I know, trophies which are not transferred between games. Start on Hard, you find 'em again. Achievements are little rewards you only have to do once and are stored on, in my case, my profile and are transferred between all games.  :training:

RossRoy

« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2010, 06:28:33 PM »
Jon, the confusion stems from the fact that Xbox "Achievements" became PS3 "Trophies" - same thing, different implementations.

Najemikon

« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2010, 06:51:28 PM »
Ah! I did not know that. No wonder Sophie was getting confused... :bag: :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2010, 01:49:01 AM »
Haha it's alright, I figured it out in the end. It can be confsuing between the overall trophies and then the little green Riddler 'trophies'.

Achim - I have you as a friend on PSN so I can see the list of all the games you have and what trophies you have etc? But is there a way we can show the page of our own trophies to everyone? People who arent on the PSN?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2010, 06:34:20 AM »
Ah! I did not know that. No wonder Sophie was getting confused... :bag: :laugh:
That's what I meant... ;)

Achim - I have you as a friend on PSN so I can see the list of all the games you have and what trophies you have etc? But is there a way we can show the page of our own trophies to everyone? People who arent on the PSN?
Yes.

I see you have your PSN image through the European site (I still don't know how to get eu.-playstation.com to show, mine shows a UK profile; but that's not the point). Of course you could go through the US or UK (European?) site, but that would still require the other person to have an account and be logged in. To do it entirely independent there is a service provided by MMOS,which also provides a signature trophy card like this:

Go here, type in your PSN ID (e-mail address not required) and click OK. Then other can see your trophies here. Hmmm, strange, some are already there. Maybe somebody else was looking for your trophies...? Anyway, on that sitze you'll have to run manual updates, automatic updates are a paid service.

Critter

« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2010, 07:34:27 AM »
Thanks Achim, I have changed my sig to this new one so that if anyone (who isn't on PSN) wants to see which games I am playing and which trophies I have for them then they can.

:thumbup:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2010, 08:55:21 AM »
You're welcome.

I usually update mine every few days, whenever I have a certain amount of newly added trophies. IIRC you do not need to update at playstation.com first. I am, however, not using it anywhere right now (óther than at home on my computer) :bag:.

They don't always have the latest pictures of the trophies either, or don't make a background for a particular game (as you see above, no picture for red Dead Redemption), but that is secondary.

W0m6at

« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2010, 04:35:23 AM »
Picked up BioShock 2 on Wednesday for AUD24 pre-owned. I doubt I'll be playing it soon, but I know I won't beat that price. In case you're wondering Critter, it was from "Game".