Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56895 times)

RossRoy

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2010, 01:36:27 AM »
I'm much more excited by this:

Critter

« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2010, 01:50:03 AM »
I haven't played any Fallout games yet but that trailer really makes me want to play them, it looks great.

Are you watching any of the press confrences from E3?

RossRoy

« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2010, 02:39:10 AM »
Are you watching any of the press confrences from E3?

No, I can't stand watching a press conference live. I prefer reading the concise versions the day after.

Critter

« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2010, 02:48:56 AM »
Ah okay, I'm watching the Ubisoft live one now. Not enough real games, too much of that motion control crap. The Assassins Creed presentation was outstanding though.

RossRoy

« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2010, 03:14:54 AM »
This looks interesting too

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2010, 06:40:32 AM »
No, I can't stand watching a press conference live. I prefer reading the concise versions the day after.
I do like to watch them, but certainly not live. I prefer downloading them, so I can fast forward to bits I don't care about.

Critter

« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2010, 06:43:28 AM »
I do like to watch them, but certainly not live. I prefer downloading them, so I can fast forward to bits I don't care about.

Where do you download them? I have been streaming them through gamespot and while it works well most of the time the buffering here and there is getting annoying. I also would like to fastforward the parts I am not too interested in.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2010, 06:52:49 AM »
Where do you download them? I have been streaming them through gamespot and while it works well most of the time the buffering here and there is getting annoying. I also would like to fastforward the parts I am not too interested in.
Well, not "them" really. Only the Sony one, if it is made available on PSN (which it usually is). I said "them", because i do the same for Apple events.

Mostly I stick to only news sources though.

Critter

« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2010, 02:49:07 AM »
I'm in the final boss battle for Arkham Asylum and damn are my wrists sore! I have to take half hour breaks after each attempt just so I can maintain proper use of hands and wrists.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2010, 05:09:29 PM »
I'm in the final boss battle for Arkham Asylum and damn are my wrists sore! I have to take half hour breaks after each attempt just so I can maintain proper use of hands and wrists.
:o

Now you worry me to go on. I already hd a hard time with Bane (although I did get him on the third attempt :whistle:).

lovemunkey187

« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2010, 05:33:49 PM »
Am I correct in assuming that a Bluray from America is not going to work if I attempt to play it on my PS3?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2010, 05:50:46 PM »
You are correct. It was the same with the dvd on the PS2.
You need a free zone BR player and I can't help you on that. Not that I won't like to, but I don't know one single multi-zone or hackable BR player.

W0m6at

« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2010, 05:57:15 PM »
Am I correct in assuming that a Bluray from America is not going to work if I attempt to play it on my PS3?

Not in all cases. Check this list. You want something Region B compatible, so either released in a Region B country, or if released in an A country (or far less likely, a C country), then it needs to be free of region-coding, or include a B (some are for example Region A,B).

btw, this is true for all region-locked Blu-ray players, not just the PS3

Critter

« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2010, 06:06:57 PM »
:o

Now you worry me to go on. I already hd a hard time with Bane (although I did get him on the third attempt :whistle:).

I completed my first run through of the game before with 50% of the trophies.  :thumbup:. I will go back and do some more trophy hunting later but the game as a whole was fantastic! Don't worry, if I can take on the final boss fights I'm sure you will be fine, they are actually fairly straight foward, your wrists have to endure a fair bit though  ::).

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2010, 01:31:45 AM »
Not in all cases. Check this list. You want something Region B compatible, so either released in a Region B country, or if released in an A country (or far less likely, a C country), then it needs to be free of region-coding, or include a B (some are for example Region A,B).

I usually use this site to check, if a specific US Blu-ray is region coded for B.