Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56913 times)

Critter

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2010, 03:06:09 AM »
Okay so the PS3 network is up and running again, turns out someone in the house actually unplugged the WEP which is why I couldn't connect. But wow... I just discovered that through the PSN you can buy and play old Playstation 1 games! This is the most exciting discovery for me in ages, I grew up playing my PS1 for hours and hours, I can't wait to relive some of those games. They aren't even very expensive either for the entire game. I haven't found where to download demos from yet but I'm sure I can't be too far off.

W0m6at

« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2010, 03:12:04 AM »
Okay so the PS3 network is up and running again, turns out someone in the house actually unplugged the WEP which is why I couldn't connect. But wow... I just discovered that through the PSN you can buy and play old Playstation 1 games! This is the most exciting discovery for me in ages, I grew up playing my PS1 for hours and hours, I can't wait to relive some of those games. They aren't even very expensive either for the entire game. I haven't found where to download demos from yet but I'm sure I can't be too far off.
If you have any PS1 games lying around, you can actually play the discs on the PS3.

The demos don't have a special section... just go to the game you're interested in, and look through the downloads there.

Critter

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2010, 03:18:32 AM »
PS2 games weren't backwards compatible for my PS3 yet your telling me that PS1 games were?  :stars: What type of crazy system is that!
Either way I don't have any of the old games left, but I don't mind paying to download them. At least they aren't too pricey, I just really want to relive my old Crash Bandicoot and Spyro days on that I had on my original Playstation.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2010, 03:52:15 AM »
I got stuck with Spyro...I had trouble steering when flying and tended to crash more than anything.

Critter

« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2010, 04:18:25 AM »
I used to love the flying parts, the steering took a while to get used to but it was awesome once you had the hang of it. I also loved the swimming parts in it.

Critter

« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2010, 02:27:17 AM »
I downloaded the Little Big Planet demo. I got to play it for all of about 20 minutes yesterday and loved it, but unfortunatly my sister is home from uni sick (something to do with the appendix). She has taken up the room that the Playstation is in and is not allowing me to play it while she is in there (which is all the time). I have no idea when I will be able to play it next now.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2010, 02:32:48 AM »
Let your bedroom to your sister and sleep in the PS3 room ;)

Critter

« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2010, 02:35:17 AM »
Haha hell no! Then she would take over my computer! As much as I love the PS3 I want my computer more. And also, I'd prefer her sleeping on the couch than in my bed as she is right now... who knows, that appendix might burst any second.

W0m6at

« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2010, 04:03:35 AM »
The PS3 has a browser you know... and you can plug a keyboard into the USB slot. ;)

Critter

« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2010, 09:34:30 AM »
Haha I was aware of that, I don't have any usb keyboards though. Also it turns out that my sister had to go to hospital anyway and she is having her appendix out.

Critter

« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2010, 03:14:24 AM »
Does anyone here get any Playstation/Gaming magazines?

My sister is coming home from the hospital, as she will be most likley invading the PS3 room again I have got some mags to read in the meantime. I have gotten the Official Playstation magazine a few times and quite like it, but today I also got something call 'Play' as well which is a UK Playstation magazine. I must say that Play so far has been very cool, and it came with some awesome extras including cheat/walkthrough books, a disc full of trailers and a giant double-sided Red Dead Redemption poster.

W0m6at

« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2010, 04:20:51 PM »

Very excited! (for both the game and the movie)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2010, 07:08:48 AM »
Does anyone here get any Playstation/Gaming magazines?
No, I do all my gaming related reading online. Kotaku, Joystiq and the likes.

I once bought a bunch of magazines to read during some long distance flights, but they didn't really gtive me what I didn't get online alreeady.

Critter

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2010, 07:16:13 AM »
Fair enough, I am a bit of a magazine addict and always have a pile next to my bed so it is almost natural that I would get into gaming nagazines. Everything I read in my magazines I can read online but I still love magazines nontheless. There is something exciting about getting a new magazine and reading through it. When I am looking up games and movies online I find that I usually search what I already know I am interested in. But when I am reading magazines it introduces me to a lot more new things that I wouldn't have found myself on the net.

Critter

« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2010, 01:27:52 AM »
It's that E3 time of year so we are getting all the latest game trailers.