Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56924 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2010, 03:18:42 PM »
:hysterical:
Ah man, the couger man was scary but that donkey woman was just hilarious! What is it with the glitches in this game? Are there any other animal/human hybrids?
Well, while this game has more than its fair share, to be, well, fair, an open-world game is an enormous undertaking and glitches are quite the common thing. Fallout 3 was just as glitch ridden (no hybrids I know of though :laugh:).

Those two are the only ones I have heard of myself so far as well.

To be fair once more, I have not really encountered any glitches yet.

Critter

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »
I found a few more on youtube, by the same people who posted Donkey Woman and Cougar Man. There is also a flying deer, a chinese man sitting in mid air, a gun weilding dog and a horse kidnapping people of it's own accord. All very funny.

You can find them all here: http://www.youtube.com/user/WhereDaBootz#g/u

RossRoy

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »
I don't have the links, but I've seen bird-people, catapulting horse wagon and a sky diving one.

I have yet to encounter any serious glitch in the game. Worst I've seen is a rider on his horse embedded in a cliff.. which ended up forcing his way through and dying by falling of the cliff on the other side.

There's also a point where I completely lost control of the character. All I had control of was to holster/draw the weapon and the camera. I couldn't control movement, or aim or shoot. Thing is, he was running like a mad man towards a lake - and I hadn't saved for a while! (can't swim in the game - water = death) - Fortunately, the glitch fixed itself just before he got to the lake. So I used the campsite right there and saved! hahaha

Najemikon

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2010, 09:38:47 PM »
It isn't a glitch, but I have fond memories of the dancing Nazi's in Medal of Honour Allied Assault! It was an Easter Egg. When you were sneaking around one of the maps, you could turn back on yourself and look out of a window. Wait a few seconds and some guards who were just sat there chatting, would start doing somersaults!  :laugh:

The Scarecrow in BAA is fantastic, but a bitch to control on the keyboard. Warning, I seem to remember he has three cracks at you and the last one is fairly tough, fighting off skeletal warriors (including a charging one like Bane) while still keeping out of sight.

But you scaredy-cats wouldn't be able to stand the moaning zombies in Half-Life 2! Or some sequences in F.E.A.R. which are just superb brown pants time. Not to mention Doom 3, which is pretty much in darkness throughout... :voodoo:

Sophie, see how much of this you can stand. Whack the sound up! :devil:

Critter

« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2010, 01:57:55 AM »
Well thanks for that Jon, now I won't be able to sleep for say... a month! That little girl in the elevators.... I don't know how people can actually play things like that.

Scarecrow has three goes at me does he? I'm currently playing the second one. Last night I played the part where Bats walked down that crazy hallway that went through his childhood. It was eerie but to me not nearly as scary as the first one in the morgue.

Oh and by the way, I watched all 9:59 of that video  ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:00:43 AM by Critter »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2010, 06:56:33 AM »
But you scaredy-cats wouldn't be able to stand the moaning zombies in Half-Life 2! Or some sequences in F.E.A.R. which are just superb brown pants time. Not to mention Doom 3, which is pretty much in darkness throughout... :voodoo:
There is moaning zombies in Half-Life 2? It just got elevated on my play-list :laugh:

(I own the supposedly rather appaling PS3 port of The Orange Box, but I figure it's better to play that than not play it at all.

Najemikon

« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2010, 06:36:29 PM »
Achim, sorry I seem to be having a crisis... are you suggesting that you haven't played Half Life 2? No! Stop. Just ignore me. You must have. Silly me.  :-[

Really? Greatest game ever? Good grief, man.  :slaphead: Whatever state it's in on the PS3, well, it has to be tried.

The zombies are actually people attacked by head crabs which stay on their heads. You also have to fight crabs who want your head! Variations on the gene line include spidery type poisonous things and a lumbering zombie covered in the spiders. When he gets close, he throws them at you! Can be... unsettling to say the least. But the intensity is lessened by the humour; you can use the gravity gun to hit them with anything, even radiators off the wall or tins of paint (useless, but funny)! There is also a generous collection of circular saw blades lying around which you can toss at them. :devil:

Sophie, the girl in the elevator is fascinating. I almost crapped myself on one bit! I walked along a gantry and at the end was a ladder going down. As with any FPS, as you grab the ladder, it spins you around. She was right behind me for a split second!  :o Hairs on the back of the neck time... :whistle:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2010, 08:14:32 PM »
Achim, sorry I seem to be having a crisis... are you suggesting that you haven't played Half Life 2? No! Stop. Just ignore me. You must have. Silly me.  :-[
:bag:

Well, I haven't been playing games since Duke Nukem 3D, until I got my PS3. Not sure exactly why I haven't played The Orange Box yet, guess newer games always got in the way to play that older one... :tomato: Since summer is upon us, with only few releases that I am even following, I'll get to it right after Red Dead Redemption... and maybe Batman: Arkham Asylum... and possibly Bioshock.

Najemikon

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2010, 09:09:52 PM »
Bump it up the list, Achim! You'll be hooked and you'll have the episodes to play in-between the shiny, new games. ;)

Actually, if you haven't ventured into the Orange Box, I must also alert you to Portal, which is sodding wonderful in so many ways. If we were judging on pleasant surprises and unnecessary ingenuity, then Portal would be the must-play game of the century. :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2010, 01:42:00 AM »
One game I want the most at the moment is Little Big Planet. I have been hearing great things so I want to see what all the fuss is about. The thing with me though is that since I am unemployed I don't really have money for games... or anything. So the only way I can really buy them is years after they are released and the prices has gone down. I also only buy preowned games. I would love to one day play a game around it's release time when everyone else is playing it. Instead of a few years after. The bastards are all about 100 bucks for one game though.

W0m6at

« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2010, 03:56:23 AM »
One game I want the most at the moment is Little Big Planet. I have been hearing great things so I want to see what all the fuss is about. The thing with me though is that since I am unemployed I don't really have money for games... or anything. So the only way I can really buy them is years after they are released and the prices has gone down. I also only buy preowned games. I would love to one day play a game around it's release time when everyone else is playing it. Instead of a few years after. The bastards are all about 100 bucks for one game though.
Give the demo a go. It's free and will give you a taste for it. The price has now dropped to $40 or less at most places, but still best to give it a try first. I've had great fun with it.

Critter

« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2010, 03:59:27 AM »
I saw it at JB yesterday for $34. I was very tempted but I am still trying to hold back. I would really like to finish Arkham Asylum before I buy any new games, and I'm thinking of trading in my Assassin's Creed. I never really get much money for trade-ins though.
I might chekc out the demo though, thanks for the suggestion.

W0m6at

« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2010, 04:18:12 AM »
I might chekc out the demo though, thanks for the suggestion.

When I first bought the PS3, the best bundle I could get was with two controllers, rather than with games (all the bundles essentially added $100 RRP, but most of the games actually sold for less. The controllers generally stayed at the higher price, and I needed a second one anyway). I then went out and grabbed demos for all sorts of stuff. I mean I went absolutely nuts downloading demos. It's saved me a stack of cash, especially since there have been games I've thought I'd like that I didn't. LittleBigPlanet was my first PS3 purchase. In terms of discs (non-downloaded games) I only have that and two others (BioShock and Grand Theft Auto IV... the latter of which hasn't hooked me. Unfortunately there was no demo.). Demos really are the way to go. With something like inFamous, I've been getting a heap of play value out of the demo... not sure if I'll purchase it or not.

Critter

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2010, 04:38:26 AM »
It sounds like you got a good bundle. When I bought my PS3 there was no option for another controller, I basically had two choices. Buy the console and get two added titles (both were titles I had no interest in), or buy the console with one title. The difference was that with the one title I could choose which one I wanted myself out of about 5 very decent games. I ended up with Uncharted:Drakes Fortune and loved it. I've never really gotten demos becuase whenever I get around to buying a new game I am almost certain that I will love it. I spend a lot of time reading about games and watching trailers etc so I can really narrow down the ones I actually want to buy, and know I will love.

By the way Wombat are you on the PSN? If so feel free to add me. My PSN name is :TDragonn

W0m6at

« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2010, 04:51:15 AM »
By the way Wombat are you on the PSN? If so feel free to add me. My PSN name is :TDragonn
I am, but rarely use the function.
I'm W0m6atta6m0W (someone took my first preference).