Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56922 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2010, 07:18:49 AM »
Anyway I was hoping to replay Uncharted 2 to try beat it in 'Crushing' and to get more trophies but I'm not sure how to go about it. It seems that now I have completed the game if I click 'continue' it will just go forth from my last save point in 'normal' again. But I was worried that if I clicked 'New Game' and set it to crushing that I would lose the trophies and medals that I already have. So which is it? Do I just choose new game or will that lead to a trophy dissapearance?
Start up your previous game. Then go to the menu and start a New Game. When doing so you will be asked if you want to carry over your medals and stuff, onbviously you want to select Yes ;)

For Crushing:
Just take it slow. Every time I thought "oh, just one more kill before going back into cover" I got killed. ...and I guess you know that you should only stand behind cover and then shoot from there, rather than making drake "use cover"? (Hope that is clear the way I say it.) For the later you have to peek out of cover to shoot, the former you can shoot enemies but they cannot shoot you.

Critter

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2010, 07:35:05 AM »
Thanks Achim, I will keep all of that in mind for the replay. I was going to try do the replay straight away but... well, I put in Arkham Asylum last night  ::).
Needless to say it may take a while now before I get back into Uncharted again. Arkham is amazing! I'm hooked already!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2010, 04:25:07 PM »
Haven't decided yet, but Arkham may I go back to after I got my filling of Red Dead Redemption. I played Arkham before and must be about 1/2 or 2/3 through

Critter

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2010, 02:19:28 AM »
Did anyone else find the Scarecrow part in Arkham Asylum... terrifying! I was playing it by myself and ended up very freaked out.  :fingerchew:
The part that got me the most was when I tried to exit the morgue through the only door in the room (being the one I entered it from) and then it led me back into the same morgue!! That messed with my head.

RossRoy

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2010, 02:35:49 AM »
Did anyone else find the Scarecrow part in Arkham Asylum... terrifying! I was playing it by myself and ended up very freaked out.  :fingerchew:
The part that got me the most was when I tried to exit the morgue through the only door in the room (being the one I entered it from) and then it led me back into the same morgue!! That messed with my head.

:laugh:

:whistle:

:bag:

Critter

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2010, 02:59:45 AM »
You have to remember that this is coming from the biggest wimp in the world. I can't even watch horror films, let alone play horror games(not that Batman is one, just that one level was creepy). Resident Evil 4 was a tough game for me to get through, I kept getting too sacred and waiting for my neighbour to come and play it with me  :laugh:.

RossRoy

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2010, 03:25:21 AM »
You might have some competition..

I tried playing
Doom 3 - got too scared I wouldn't even open doors.
Bioshock - I freaked out in the first level...
Silent Hill 2 - I managed to get through it but.. well it was really hard!
Batman Akham Asylum - I actually had to turn off the game during the Scarecrow segment..
Alan Wake - Just bought it - freaked me out during Episode 1 but I'll play again..
Halo - I still have problem with the Flood level after finishing the game 4 times already..

Even Red Dead Redemption - I jumped and dropped the controller when a cougar attacked me out of nowhere!

I'm a real wimp at video games. Fortunately, I do much better with movies.

Critter

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2010, 03:34:35 AM »
Oh no! I was thinking of getting Bioshock!

Games are much scarier than films sometimes becuase with films you know you are watching it, but with games you are in it, controlling the actions of the character. That's much more frightening I think. I think the scariest part of the Scarecrow level was the sound really. Arkham Asylum has some of the most amazing sound of any game I have played. The combination of the music, sound effects and eerie voiceovers throughout the game is brilliant.

RossRoy

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2010, 04:09:05 AM »
Sound is definitely the most scaring factor to me too. I still get shivers playing Red Dead and hearing those cougar roar (although usually, by the time you hear the cougar roar - it's too late!)

Although I must say, Cougar-Man is quite scary by itself ;)

Critter

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2010, 06:44:01 AM »
What the hell! That thing is freaky! How is it that something getting around on it's knees can run at you so fast, and just appear out of nowhere!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2010, 06:53:34 AM »
What the hell! That thing is freaky! How is it that something getting around on it's knees can run at you so fast, and just appear out of nowhere!
Well, it's not really on its knees. It's just a cougar in a human skin :laugh:

They appear "out of nowhere" because they sneak up behind you. Luckily they are not killing you in one hit, like the bears. Having three or four bears running after you is rather dreadful, since you know you are about to loose :hysterical:

Critter

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2010, 06:59:27 AM »
Ha. I just googled it and now know that the cougar man is a glitch. That makes A LOT more sense. When I first watched it I thought it was an actual morphed type thing, but then I realised that a fantasy style creature like that most likley has no place in a game like RDR.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2010, 11:14:23 AM »
Ha. I just googled it and now know that the cougar man is a glitch. That makes A LOT more sense. When I first watched it I thought it was an actual morphed type thing, but then I realised that a fantasy style creature like that most likley has no place in a game like RDR.

Check out the Donkey Woman videos from RDR  :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »
That thing is weird looking..would have freaked me out if I encountered it in a game.

Critter

« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2010, 12:13:04 PM »

Check out the Donkey Woman videos from RDR  :laugh:

:hysterical:
Ah man, the couger man was scary but that donkey woman was just hilarious! What is it with the glitches in this game? Are there any other animal/human hybrids?