Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56937 times)

Rogmeister

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 05:10:23 AM »
This is actually a sequel to an earlier western-themed video game.  That one was Red Dead Revolver.  I have it on the original Xbox, I think.  I never got too into it and haven't had my Xbox hooked up in a long time so maybe it's time to start playing some Xbox again.  Of course, they're not making games for the original Xbox anymore.  The only way I could get this new game is if they made a version for the PS2, the only console I have now that is still getting games made for it.  I also have another western game called Gun.

RossRoy

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 06:20:21 AM »
I tried Gun back when it was released - didn't care too much for it.

I didn't even know Redemption is a sequel. But I've been playing Redemption tonight and it looks like it will be really fun! Especially seeing as it's a sort of GTA clone set in a Western setting (that's probably oversimplifying it - but that's the best analogy I can come up with after 2 hours of play time)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 06:28:57 AM »
I have been waiting for redemption for quite some time. Went to the shop on Tuesday, quite exceited, only to learn that the Asian release date follows the European one. Will now get my copy on Saturday only :weep:

(considering to take a day off on Monday... :bag:)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 06:56:18 AM »
Sorry Sebastien but I can't resist :tease:

Will they score a goal in this serie? :whistle:
Where is the only eight to go tagline? :whistle:
It looks hard to play against a team who knows how to play defensively :whistle:
They sure make Michael Leighton looks like Martin Brodeur :whistle:
It sure looks desesperate to bring back Kostitsyn when he was supposed to never play again for the team :whistle:

Guess who was my favourite team :whistle:

At least they have beaten Pittsburgh, but Halak is now out of gas :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2010, 02:36:55 PM »
Will they score a goal in this serie? :whistle:
Yes.

Where is the only eight to go tagline? :whistle:
Gone - they won't get past Philly.  :thumbdown:
(click to show/hide)

It looks hard to play against a team who knows how to play defensively :whistle:
Sure is. Hence why I was pissed when I saw Philly beat Boston.

They sure make Michael Leighton looks like Martin Brodeur :whistle:
Meh. I don't think he's been all that good. The Canadiens and his defense are making him look good.

It sure looks desesperate to bring back Kostitsyn when he was supposed to never play again for the team :whistle:
No comment. That's a decision I just can't wrap my head around.

Guess who was my favourite team :whistle:
:hmmmm:

The Colorado Avalanche?

:tease:

At least they have beaten Pittsburgh, but Halak is now out of gas :laugh:
That was easily forseeable. A goalie can't goal on his head all the time, and seeing as Philly are actually charging the net and blocking his view, he can't do much about it. And anyway, a goalie who needs a day off in each series he taken part in so far in order to be good casts a big doubt in my head about his ling term potential.

------

That being, sorry all for derailing this thread. Carry on then.  ;D

Rogmeister

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2010, 02:57:06 PM »
Well, looked up Red Dead Redemption at Amazon.com and it appears it is being released only for the PS3 and Xbox 360 so I can't play it since I don't have either of those systems.  No love for the PS2 on this release... :redcard:

Critter

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2010, 10:47:08 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone here know what the Dragon in my PSN card is from? I chose it becuase I thought it looked cool, and anyone who has seen some of my art knows how much I love Dragons, but I have no idea what it's actually from.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 10:56:37 AM »
Dragon Age: Origins, maybe? Did you find it near the top? Newer games icons are always added to the top...

Critter

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 11:00:58 AM »
Ah yes it could be DragonAge. I'm very proud of my 6 trophies  :P
Although I have been noticing that I am getting more trophies in-game than what are actually counted. For example in Uncharted I got two trophies for swimming around in a pool, one was 'Marco' and the other 'Polo', but when I look in the trophies section on the PS3 mainpage they are not counted  :weep:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 11:03:18 AM »
Ah yes it could be DragonAge. I'm very proud of my 6 trophies  :P
Although I have been noticing that I am getting more trophies in-game than what are actually counted. For example in Uncharted I got two trophies for swimming around in a pool, one was 'Marco' and the other 'Polo', but when I look in the trophies section on the PS3 mainpage they are not counted  :weep:

You have to remember to Sync (it is auto-forced though certain actions, but you may have to trigger it occasionally). After syncing you still have to go to the playstation website and click that Update button on the page where you make the signature-image settings. ...I wish it was automatic too and I think they could explain it better.

Critter

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 11:07:49 AM »
Haha Achim, I know all about syncing, I've done it and have also updated my PSN, I literally just have 6 trophies, it isn't a mistake. In my defence though I did have 66 trophies on Uncharted 1, but none of them counted as I got them before I got my PS3 hooked up to the PSN.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 02:14:04 PM »
Haha Achim, I know all about syncing, I've done it and have also updated my PSN, I literally just have 6 trophies, it isn't a mistake. In my defence though I did have 66 trophies on Uncharted 1, but none of them counted as I got them before I got my PS3 hooked up to the PSN.
Oh, that's what you meant. I guess there should have been a way to make them count, but it might just as well be too late to get them recognized now. Well, gives you a reason to play through once (twice) more :P

Critter

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 02:19:55 PM »
I think I will be, as apposed to trading-in I have decided to keep most of my games for the purpose of having a replay. I plan on doing just that for Uncharted at some stage and finally getting those trophies properly. Have you beaten either of the games on crushing?
Oh and also, I'm having quite a bit of trouble in Uncharted 2 at the moment with a particularily tough yeti of some sort in a big ice cave in a mountain. I must say... the mountains are amazing! I get cold just playing the game in all that snow and ice. That train level though gave me a bit of motion sickness after a while, all that non-stop fast movement really got to my head. Of course that could have been the fact that I was on very strong pain meds for my wisdom teeth at the time  :-[

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 02:25:18 PM »
I think I will be, as apposed to trading-in I have decided to keep most of my games for the purpose of having a replay. I plan on doing just that for Uncharted at some stage and finally getting those trophies properly. Have you beaten either of the games on crushing?
Yes, both of them.

First one is toughest in levels 4 and 5. The second one has the difficulty ramp up a little better than that, here the final boss battle be tricky, although not the most difficult bit in the game.

Oh and also, I'm having quite a bit of trouble in Uncharted 2 at the moment with a particularily tough yeti of some sort in a big ice cave in a mountain. I must say... the mountains are amazing! I get cold just playing the game in all that snow and ice. That train level though gave me a bit of motion sickness after a while, all that non-stop fast movement really got to my head. Of course that could have been the fact that I was on very strong pain meds for my wisdom teeth at the time  :-[
The reveal of the yeti-thing is awesome isn't it, very cinematic!

Anyway, just make sure you stay away from it, shooting it in the face. There will be two(?) scenes where it grabs you and you have to match some button prompts. Then it will eventually run away.
(click to show/hide)

Critter

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 02:28:24 PM »
Thanks for the hints! It killed me about 7 times in a row the other day and I haven't jumped in again yet, I was thinking of playing it again tommorow though.

The reveal of the yeti-thing is awesome isn't it, very cinematic!

I know what you mean! It was amazing. I knew there would be some kind of creature but that reveal was epic. The thing I love most about it was that it was there for a few seconds in silhouette, but I didn't realist that until it moved...which then made me realise it was there the whole time. I actually got chills when that happened it was awesome!