Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56731 times)

Dr. Hasslein

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #585 on: December 19, 2010, 11:18:11 AM »
Heavy Rain is a great game and yes I'm glad it's been updated for Move.
The game reminds me of the movie Seven.

I love your avatar by the way. Ghost World is brilliant.

Critter

« Reply #586 on: December 19, 2010, 11:48:49 AM »
I must say when I first hear of Move I didn't see the appeal at all. Especially since all it's release games looked crap, the mini games etc. I have a lot more interest in it now though since they are talking about it being compatible with real games like Heavy Rain and the upcoming Killzone 3.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 19, 2010, 12:42:46 PM »
I liked Heavy Rain for the most part. In many parts it feels a bit like a technical exercise though, especially on a second playthrough, trying to get all trophies, and then there is those gaping plotholes screaming in my face the hole time.

RossRoy

« Reply #588 on: December 19, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »
Final Fantasy 13 was not exclusive, but I think 14 is.

Microsoft paid a boatload of money to get FFXIII on Xbox. And from what I've read (sorry, can't find the source anymore), there are rumours that the only reason FFIV would end up PS3-only, is because of Microsoft's control over Live vs Sony's PSN. Basically, Microsoft insists on most, if not all, content to be stored on their own Live servers.

But to be honest with ya'll? I couldn't care less about Final Fantasy. Especially after the complete wreck that FFXIII is. You PS3 lot can keep it ;)

As for exclusives.. As much as I hate to say it, I'd like to think the future of gaming is something like OnLive. Personally, I'd rather still buy physical media for my game, but I really like the idea of a single unified console architecture and the majors competing on content rather than hardware bickerings. Because in any case, exclusives just end up cutting themselves off of a potentially much bigger pie, so to speak.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 19, 2010, 01:25:19 PM »
As for exclusives.. As much as I hate to say it, I'd like to think the future of gaming is something like OnLive. Personally, I'd rather still buy physical media for my game, but I really like the idea of a single unified console architecture and the majors competing on content rather than hardware bickerings. Because in any case, exclusives just end up cutting themselves off of a potentially much bigger pie, so to speak.
Yes, in an ideal world Microsoft, Sony and maybe even Nintendo get their act together and create one console for all... This will make development easier and cheaper (the latter might result in more shovelware though :laugh:)

snowcat

« Reply #590 on: December 19, 2010, 04:53:45 PM »
I must say when I first hear of Move I didn't see the appeal at all. Especially since all it's release games looked crap, the mini games etc. I have a lot more interest in it now though since they are talking about it being compatible with real games like Heavy Rain and the upcoming Killzone 3.

:/ ..... Heavy Rain was one of the launch games of Move.... I just haven't updated it before.... so they weren't all "crap"

They were just like typical Wii games.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #591 on: December 19, 2010, 09:28:48 PM »
It's been pretty much the same with Kinect, when will they release or adapt it to some real games?

And by the way it's "I can't relate to 99% of humanity", not reality.

snowcat

« Reply #592 on: December 19, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
Kindle has been out 5 minutes, give it a chance.

... Fable 3 should be getting an update soon.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #593 on: December 19, 2010, 10:30:50 PM »

... Fable 3 should be getting an update soon.

Yeah that really justifies the purchase.  :-\

Critter

« Reply #594 on: December 19, 2010, 11:29:06 PM »

:/ ..... Heavy Rain was one of the launch games of Move.... I just haven't updated it before.... so they weren't all "crap"

They were just like typical Wii games.

Exactly, and most typical Wii games are crap.  :laugh:

Kindle? :hmmmm:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #595 on: December 20, 2010, 03:59:11 AM »
Kindle?
Now I'm really confused.  Kindle is the book thing.  Or did that get some sort of weird overhaul and add games?   :hmmmm:

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #596 on: December 20, 2010, 04:02:29 AM »
No, she means Kinect for the Xbox.

Critter

« Reply #597 on: December 20, 2010, 04:04:46 AM »
Maybe it's some sort of hybrid.

Kinectdle.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #598 on: December 20, 2010, 04:06:35 AM »
Yeah you download books to your Xbox's HDD and then it reads them back to you in the voice of Microsoft Sam.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:22:35 AM by Dr. Hasslein »

Critter

« Reply #599 on: December 20, 2010, 04:31:22 AM »
Yeah you download books to your Xbox's HDD and then it reads them back to you in the voice of Microsoft Sam.
:laugh: