Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56915 times)

Critter

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2010, 06:28:19 AM »
Achim, if that number on the left of the PSN card is how many trophies we have altogher, then what is the number next to the little trophy icon? And what does the little bar underneath represent?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2010, 08:43:03 AM »
The number on the left, next to the star, is the "level". The bar below it indicates how far you are within that level, once the bar is full you'll reach the next level.

The number on the right of that bar is the total amount of trophies.

The four numbers next to the little trophy symbols are the quantities of those (from top to bottom: Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze).

Critter

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2010, 08:48:52 AM »
I'm still a little unsure by what it means by 'level'. Does that mean what level you are up to in the specific game you are playing at the time? And also, does Playstation have a ranking system like Xbox does?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2010, 08:56:46 AM »
I am not sure if thze system is supposed to mimic the XBOX one. The "level" is just supposed to give you another indicator of what the player did.

In the end, while not just using numbers to display (like the gamerscore) but little trophy pictures, there is stiull a numbered system behind this. Each trophy has a different value, adding up to a total. Once you reach a certain total you get to the next level.

This was the top result in Google.

Critter

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2010, 12:27:07 PM »
Ahhh okay that makes sense. So the level is more like a summary of trophy points, rather than anything to do with particular game levels. Thanks for the help.

W0m6at

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010, 04:41:02 PM »
I gave the demo of PixelJunk Eden a go the other day and liked it, so decided to shell out for the full version (and haven't had a chance to play it since!)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2010, 06:55:27 AM »
I gave the demo of PixelJunk Eden a go the other day and liked it, so decided to shell out for the full version (and haven't had a chance to play it since!)
It's a good game. I have played it for a while (a while back) but am far from finishing it.

I understand the 6th garden is the most difficult one.

Critter

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2010, 10:56:19 AM »
In Uncharted do you think the treasures are harder to find depending on what difficulty you are playing it? When I played Uncharted 1 I played it on Easy and by the end had 66 out of 100 treasures. In 2 I am playing it on normal, I have almost completed the single-player yet I only have about 21 treasures out of 100. Maybe they are just harder to find in this one. Or maybe my treasure hunter ability has just dissapated between both games.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2010, 09:56:16 AM »
 :laugh:

Interesting thought, but no. They are always in the same place. Personally, I thought they were equally difficult. I always use a guide to find them all :bag: (only on second play-through though).

Critter

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2010, 10:43:03 AM »
I haven't used a guide/walkthrough at all on Uncharted 2 yet. Although I have asked you for advice in several situations. When I complete the game for the first run through by myself then I will probably use guides for the replays. I can't see myself finding all those treasures on my own, they are just too well hidden.

Critter

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2010, 03:59:53 PM »
Whoa! So I just finished Uncharted 2 on 'normal' and phew, I definatly need a breather now! Those final levels were amazing, the fight with Drake and Lazaravic was intense. It's a good thing I don't have some sort of heart condition as I felt like I could have had a heart attack from over excitment.
I was on the edge of my seat, almost falling off the entire time! Not too mention running across that collapsing bridge at the end. It was such a fantastic final cutscene as well to really round things off. The final moments of banter between Drake and Elena was perfect!
As far as trophies go I am only 24% so I will have another run through and try increase that. For now though I think I will have a break from the single player and check out the multiplayer which I still haven't used yet.

Bring on Uncharted 3!

:thumbup:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2010, 07:16:41 AM »
Glad you liked it :thumbup: the last few chapters is always something I have to play in once go, there is no way to take a break within the climax, which often stretches over several chapters (same in part 1).

I think part 3 is pretty much a done deal... I hope so myself.

Critter

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2010, 08:31:34 AM »
Yeah I have read the rumours about Uncharted 3, I could definatly see them making another one work.

So Achim, I have a few more questions for you. Sorry that I am always asking you so many PS3 things but when it comes to the console I consider you the guru haha. And I am very much a newbie in the situation.

Anyway I was hoping to replay Uncharted 2 to try beat it in 'Crushing' and to get more trophies but I'm not sure how to go about it. It seems that now I have completed the game if I click 'continue' it will just go forth from my last save point in 'normal' again. But I was worried that if I clicked 'New Game' and set it to crushing that I would lose the trophies and medals that I already have. So which is it? Do I just choose new game or will that lead to a trophy dissapearance?

And also, I finally got the multiplayer loaded up the other day and was lost. I had no idea how to host a game, I had no idea how to find or join a game or really how to do anything. I spent some time looking through all the options but I was just lost. Aside from you I only have one other PSN friend who is hardly ever on. Can you just join games with random people or do they have to be your friends?

Sorry again for all the questions, but when it comes to the whole PSN thing I'm still quite the newbie. Any help with these problems would be appreciated.

MEJHarrison

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2010, 12:08:09 AM »
My Playstation 3 seems to be dying.  :weep:

I think the laser for the Blu-ray is going.  Still plays DVDs just fine and non-disc based games.  But Blu-rays play for a while then lock up the machine.

Right now I'm researching.  I'm thinking of trying to repair it myself.  Seems like it can be done for about $80.

Critter

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2010, 01:09:42 AM »
That's how I lost both my Playstation 2's in the end. My original fat Playstation 2 died eventually, something to do with a problem with the laser. So I replaced it wish a slimline one. When the simline one went I replaced it with a PS3  ;D. But now I really hope the PS3 stays in good nick as I am not able to replace anything anytime soon.