Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56818 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #285 on: October 29, 2010, 08:13:24 PM »
If you like Pixel Junk Eden, be sure to also check out Pixel Junk Monsters.  That game has received more play time than anything else in our house.  And it was the first game played when I get our fixed PS3 back earlier this week! ;D
Couldn't agree more. My normally-non-gamer friend also got hooked and we completed the entire game on co-op mode. It can get a bit difficult at times, but it's one of there where you take your punishment and then keep asking for more :)

Critter

« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2010, 12:17:08 AM »
I've been playing flower some more. Very relaxing game. Gives you a feeling of being weightless while playing it, just floating around on the breeze. Quite nice.

MEJHarrison

« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2010, 02:34:16 AM »
If you like Pixel Junk Eden, be sure to also check out Pixel Junk Monsters.  That game has received more play time than anything else in our house.  And it was the first game played when I get our fixed PS3 back earlier this week! ;D
Couldn't agree more. My normally-non-gamer friend also got hooked and we completed the entire game on co-op mode. It can get a bit difficult at times, but it's one of there where you take your punishment and then keep asking for more :)

My wife is very, very, very much a non-gamer.  And she and I beat the entire game.  Then she wanted to do it again.  Then she did it with a friend.  Then she did it by herself.  Then the add-on came out and we repeated the whole process from the start.  Then she earned all the trophies.  She's probably finished the entire game (on all three difficulty levels) at least half a dozen times.  If not more.  She created new PS3 accounts just so she could start over from the beginning.  Now that our PS3 is back, we're playing it again.  Hmm... Maybe that's why I put off getting the PS3 repaired for so long! :hysterical:

There's a demo version available.  Check it out.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2010, 04:41:39 AM »
I knew she liked but never heard the whole story. It's surprising the PS3 in your home was ever available for Blu-Ray or Burnout  :laugh:

MEJHarrison

« Reply #289 on: November 01, 2010, 06:53:40 PM »
I knew she liked but never heard the whole story. It's surprising the PS3 in your home was ever available for Blu-Ray or Burnout  :laugh:

Well, she goes to be early and I'm a late night kind of guy. :laugh:

I was shocked to see my old Burnout saved game still worked.  Of course I never backed up after getting the Island.  So I need to redo that.  But I'm almost done.

Sure is nice having the PS3 back!

Critter

« Reply #290 on: November 01, 2010, 10:15:34 PM »
I wish I had someone I could play games with. The only person who played PS3 with me though just moved to Singapore.

W0m6at

« Reply #291 on: November 06, 2010, 01:13:01 AM »
Just grabbed Castle Crashers and had a blast getting through the first level. I'm really looking forward to playing more of it (and hopefully some local multi-player co-op too).

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 06, 2010, 03:22:02 AM »
I liked what I saw of Castle Crashers in the demo. Although that type of button mashing is not really my style. However, since there are already too many games on my pike if shame I decided against buying it.

And when did it become accepted to the distributor to charge $15 for downloadable games? I always thought $10 was a good price, making it easy for me to do an impulse buy. Maybe, if it's a really long game I can go for $15. But $15 has quickly become the standard now :stars:

Critter

« Reply #293 on: November 08, 2010, 10:04:41 PM »
Has anyone played the game WET? Would you recommend it or should I give it a miss?

RossRoy

« Reply #294 on: November 09, 2010, 12:50:53 AM »
Has anyone played the game WET? Would you recommend it or should I give it a miss?

I tried the demo. Didn't care for it too much.

My cousin wanted it madly, but ended up playing barely 2h tops. Found it too repetitive and uninteresting.

Critter

« Reply #295 on: November 09, 2010, 12:58:32 AM »
That's a shame. I really want a good game with a female lead, but they all seem to be crap. Maybe I'll try Bayonetta.

Najemikon

« Reply #296 on: November 09, 2010, 01:37:08 AM »
Half-Life 2 has got a great female side-kick in Alyx. She even brings her pet dog...  ;D

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #297 on: November 09, 2010, 02:57:52 AM »
That's a shame. I really want a good game with a female lead, but they all seem to be crap. Maybe I'll try Bayonetta.

Have you played Heavenly Sword?

Critter

« Reply #298 on: November 09, 2010, 04:07:02 AM »
No I haven't but I have heard about it. It's by the same people who made Enslaved right? Is it any good? By the way Enslaved is on my Christmas list.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #299 on: November 09, 2010, 04:51:27 AM »
I don't know about Enslaved but its a good game. It's very cinematic and has strong female lead character.