Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56679 times)

Critter

Playstation 3
« on: May 05, 2010, 07:06:30 AM »
Okay so I know it has been a very long time since I had that thread saying I couldn't get my PS3 to connect to the internet and some of you tried to help me. So long in fact that I couldn't find the thread at all which is why I am starting this one. Basically I only just got it on the internet about 3 days ago and it is working fine. It just didn't like the WEP which we had so we got a new one and it could read it straight away.
I know we have an x-box discussion thread for gaming but not a PS3 one so I thought I could start one.
I have only ever really played single player console games before, but now that I have PSN I am looking to move into online gaming. I have had some suggestions of some online games to buy for ps3 including Killzone, MAG and Resistance. I am also looking to get Uncharted 2 since I just completed the first game and loved it.
My PSN name is: TDragonn
If anyone here has PSN then feel free to add me. I am also looking for more suggestions for good online/multiplayer games since I have never really played them through console before and am a bit clueless on the matter.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 07:16:07 AM »
I have a PS3 (for Blu-ray and gaming) as well. Since I was pretty much the only one so far, you will find my (rather outdated) post about my games in the XBOX thread. I have been planning to update it for about several months now; if I get to finally do it I shall post it here instead.

I don't do much online gaming myself, but I highly enjoyed the Uncharted 2 multiplayer, especially the co-op, which I prefer a lot over any other competetive stuff. Killzone 2, M.A.G. and Resistance 2 are all first-person shooters, but are rather different. Killzone is rather "normal" for it's online component, M.A.G. is for 256 players, divided into three factions, and Resistance 2 has co-op as well.

Mark, me used to play Burnout Paradise a lot, which is an slighlty arcady racing game (not often together though, time difference makes that difficult).

Not sure we'll own/play the same games online in the future, but I'll add you anyway. I am currently playing the DLC for GTA IV and look very much forward to Red Dead Redemption.

Critter

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 07:29:16 AM »
It would be cool if you could post your game list in here at some point Achim, I'd love to see what you have. Since I am unemployed I have only been able to buy so far pre-owned and older games and at the moment I still only have 3 games on my Playstation but I am hoping to change that soon. I will update here when I do get new games in case I get any that you have.

My (very short) Game List

Uncharted Drakes Fortune - Completed and very much awaiting buying the sequel.

Assassin's Creed - I played this for a while at the start but then got sort of stuck with the storyline. I just got lost in what I was supposed to be doing and just ended up walking around. I will probably pick it up again soon, not sure if I will complete it though.

Unreal Touranament 3 - I picked this up mainly becuase it was cheap, only 20 bucks. So far I have just mucked around in it to get myself used to playing FPS games since I haven't played many before, I will probably try and complete the single player campaign on it though at some point.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 09:51:29 AM »
I believe this aimless wandering is the main problem with the first Assassin's Creed (never played it myself). I understand that they listened to the internet buzz and therefore removed all the boring bits for the second one, making for a much tighter experience (I played that one).

I have some time on my hand this weekend, might try to force myself to post an updated list here. Since it's a different thread I may post the whole thing again, not just changes, incl. the games I sold.

Critter

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 03:38:27 AM »
Achim, today I got Batman: Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 06:59:46 AM »
Achim, today I got Batman: Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2.
Thjey are both great games :thumbup: I own both myself, but have not finished Batman yet.

Najemikon

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 09:29:36 PM »
Achim, today I got Batman: Arkham Asylum...

Did you like your life? Because it isn't yours any more... ;) :devil:

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 11:44:58 PM »
Achim, today I got Batman: Arkham Asylum...

Did you like your life? Because it isn't yours any more... ;) :devil:

I must not be far enough into the game since I don't understand ...

(click to show/hide)

yes I got the game too (on 360)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:55:26 PM by RossRoy »

Najemikon

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 12:11:05 AM »
To be fair, it's a game that just suited me. I'd been playing Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and thinking how good it was, loaded up Bats and just got lost in it. Still haven't returned to COD... :shrug:

Critter

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 12:33:16 AM »
I started Uncharted 2 first and will probably complete that before I start Batman. Since I just finished Uncharted 1 I couldn't hold back my excitment for the sequel and chucked it in. And boy, I have not been dissapointed so far. Uncharted 2 offered me probably the most exciting first 20 minutes to a game I have ever played. I only just started it but already I can see why it won so many game of the year awards. Aside from that though I am eagerly awaiting playing Batman, I have heard great things about the game and watched many trailers for it etc.

To be fair, it's a game that just suited me. I'd been playing Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and thinking how good it was, loaded up Bats and just got lost in it. Still haven't returned to COD...

This is something I am going to try and avoid. It happened to me in the past with Assassins' Creed. I was playing Creed for a while, loaded Uncharted and then never returned to Creed, I still haven't returned to it either. To be safe this time I think I might finish Uncharted before I chuck in Batman.

RossRoy

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 02:08:49 AM »
To be fair, it's a game that just suited me. I'd been playing Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and thinking how good it was, loaded up Bats and just got lost in it. Still haven't returned to COD...

This is something I am going to try and avoid. It happened to me in the past with Assassins' Creed. I was playing Creed for a while, loaded Uncharted and then never returned to Creed, I still haven't returned to it either. To be safe this time I think I might finish Uncharted before I chuck in Batman.

I do that all the time. I'm a little better disciplined now, but there's still quite a few games I started that I have yet to finish.. some because I just got fed up with it (50th time trying to beat a boss can do that to you - especially when none of the supposed strategies available online seem to work).. some because I put another game just to check it out, and ended playing a lot longer than I thought (Persona 3 (on PS2) vs Final Fantasy XIII)

Critter

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 01:17:04 PM »
*pulls out all hair, runs around screaming*
Yeah I'm uh... stuck in Uncharted. Literally stuck, I'm on this little platform, if I try go up I die, if I try go sideways I die, down I die etc etc. I've been reading through the walkthroughs but even then I'm still stuck. God damn I cann't wait until I figure out that one simple thing that it alwas is when you are stuck in games... becuase this one is driving me up the wall!! :voodoo:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 01:50:40 PM »
*pulls out all hair, runs around screaming*
Yeah I'm uh... stuck in Uncharted. Literally stuck, I'm on this little platform, if I try go up I die, if I try go sideways I die, down I die etc etc. I've been reading through the walkthroughs but even then I'm still stuck. God damn I cann't wait until I figure out that one simple thing that it alwas is when you are stuck in games... becuase this one is driving me up the wall!! :voodoo:
Is it at the big waterfall...? I remember there is a few small platform around there. from memory I say: You enter on one side, have to turn right and use the ledge. Jump over to the broken bridge section, kill two guys on the way. The jump off the broken bridge to the back side where you use another ledge to shimmy along. Then comes that little platform (if that's it, then I remember getting stuck there too). If so, you have to take a jump to the left, to a lower platform, then shimmy around, climb up. then a jeep will appear and you have to kill that guy before moving on.

If not, then you have to be a bit more specific than that ;)

Critter

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 02:19:41 PM »
Haha sorry, I suppose I should have been more specific. I was hoping to figure it out but now I still haven't.
It's in the temple in Borneo with the big gold statue holding the blue ball thing. It's the part where I have to reflect the sunlight off all the mirrors. Basically I got one of the spikes lowered, and climbed up the face. And now that I'm up the face I can walk along the platform to the right of the face... or I can just sit on the face. Everything I try and do ends in death. I am getting so sick of that music that plays when I die!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 06:46:02 PM »
Haha sorry, I suppose I should have been more specific. I was hoping to figure it out but now I still haven't.
It's in the temple in Borneo with the big gold statue holding the blue ball thing. It's the part where I have to reflect the sunlight off all the mirrors. Basically I got one of the spikes lowered, and climbed up the face. And now that I'm up the face I can walk along the platform to the right of the face... or I can just sit on the face. Everything I try and do ends in death. I am getting so sick of that music that plays when I die!
Hmmm, so mentioning Uncharted 2 would have been good too ;) Anyway...

You have climbed up the spike, right? Then you walk down the path and at then end, I think, you'll have to jump over to the big face, shimmy to the right and then find a mirror one level below. Fixing that one should lower the second blade. Then...
(click to show/hide)

I hope I got that right. Good luck!

BTW, I think I stumbled at the same spot and had to get help myself at the time.