Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855316 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #1785 on: August 01, 2009, 08:43:17 AM »
Dirty Harry: 6 Disc Collection (£18.71 at Amazon.co.uk)
I must admit, that I never saw the Dirty Harry movies. I got curious after Pete mentioned them recently and I saw that I can get all of them at a reasonable price.
Ghajini (£13.43 at Amazon.co.uk)
Bollywood's take on the movie "Memento".
Hum Tum (€9.99 at Amazon.de)
A romantic comedy with Rani Mukherji.
Anjaam (€2.97 at Amazon.de)
An early Shahrukh Khan movie. It was cheap and I wanted to check out the quality of this publisher as they have some other movies in their catalog that I would be interested in.
Hritik Roshan Collection (€24.95 at Amazon.de)
A collection containing two of the movies which I had on my wishlist plus another one which I already have. But I used this opportunity to replace that one, as my release is one of the Eros International releases with horrible non-anamorphic transfer.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: August 01, 2009, 11:07:23 AM »
Dirty Harry: 6 Disc Collection (£18.71 at Amazon.co.uk)
I must admit, that I never saw the Dirty Harry movies. I got curious after Pete mentioned them recently and I saw that I can get all of them at a reasonable price.

Do I feel a Dirty Harry Marathon coming up soon?  ;D

I got my payday a couple days early... letting me get this order out on the DD 25% off sale!  :yahoo: Here is what all I finally decided on...

M.A.N.T.I.S.: The Complete Series ($19.05)
This is a basic blind buy... I saw bits and pieces before... but never a complete episode. What I saw looked interesting though.

Rear Window ($11.02)
This is a movie that I never seen... but has been suggested that I check out by several people... finally decided to give it a go.

Earth 2: Complete Series ($15.13)
A Complete Blind buy... but the premise sounds pretty good... and I found it for a good price.

Dirty Harry: The Ultimate Collector's Edition ($26.92)
I have seen and enjoyed Dirty Harry and The Dead Pool... the rest I never seen. Time to change that!

C.S.I.: Season 2 ($16.79)
OK... yesterday I got Season 1 of this show... never seeing a single episode. Last night I watched the first 3 episodes... and I was instantly hooked on this show! I couldn't help myself but to order season 2!

Booker: The Complete Series ($9.99)
This is a spin-off series from 21 Jump Street... this series is not as good as 21 Jump Street... but it is enjoyable and I wanted to finish off the Jump Street universe of shows.

Mortal Kombat ($5.92)
Seen it... but been years. I have the sequel but never got the original.

Wonder Woman: Two Disc Special Edition ($12.99)
I never seen this one before... but I love Superhero movies... and the trailer looks good.

Gran Torino ($12.49)
Trailer looked good... and heard a lot of good things.

Green Lantern:First Flight: 2-Disc Special Edition (16.99)
Looking forward to this one... saw the trailer just last night... and knew I had to order it this morning!
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #1787 on: August 01, 2009, 12:00:21 PM »
Do I feel a Dirty Harry Marathon coming up soon?  ;D
I'm in.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1788 on: August 01, 2009, 12:02:44 PM »
Today I bought in a "4 for 3":

(Pineapple Express)

(Body of Lies)

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: August 01, 2009, 01:25:11 PM »

Booker: The Complete Series ($9.99)
This is a spin-off series from 21 Jump Street... this series is not as good as 21 Jump Street... but it is enjoyable and I wanted to finish off the Jump Street universe of shows.

Well this is a bummer... I just found out that Mill Creek Entertainment changed this from a Complete Series set to only 20 (out of 22) episodes... apparently they had trouble with a couple of the episodes to they cut them from the set!
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #1790 on: August 01, 2009, 01:46:20 PM »
Pete, in a situation like that, I wouldn't hesitate to see if the other episodes are on a Torrent somewhere. They aren't being fair not including them, but taking your money anyway. Hell, I'd consider sending the lot back and downloading all of them! :shrug:

Dirty Harry marathon? I was going to suggest the same!  :P

Karsten, I recently saw Pineapple Express and keep meaning to post a very favourable review. Great fun!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: August 01, 2009, 01:51:18 PM »
You know... I considered canceling that order and just downloading and burning them... but then I considered since the 20 episode set is only costing me $9.99 I will keep it... and will just download and burn the 2 I am missing.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #1792 on: August 01, 2009, 02:25:18 PM »
Under a tenner? Yeah, you're right. It's probably cheap because they didn't do it properly.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: August 01, 2009, 02:48:22 PM »
probably... hopefully the quality isn't too bad.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: August 01, 2009, 07:31:37 PM »
Here is a handful I got off of our good friend Eric...

Norma Rae (Sally Field & Beau Bridges)

Chain Reaction (Keanu Reeves & Morgan Freeman)

Diabolique (Sharon Stone & Kathy Bates)

Primal Fear (Richard Gere)

I have never seen any of these before. Any thoughts?

Thanks for sending these Eric! I appreciate it!   :thanks:
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: August 01, 2009, 08:13:45 PM »
Today I bought in a "4 for 3":

(Pineapple Express)

David Gordon Green has made two incredible movies (George Washington, All the Real Girls) and two pretty great ones (Undertow, Snow Angels). Has anybody seen them? No, of course not. But as soon as he joins the stupid Apatow camp...

Sorry, I had to vent.  :-[
Matthias

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1796 on: August 01, 2009, 08:57:54 PM »
David Who? Sorry.  :-[ I am not really into crew names of any kind (I consider myself lucky if I cen remember who directed E.T.)

But I thought "Seth Rogen and weed" - sounds like Knocked Up, yeah lat's buy it.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #1797 on: August 01, 2009, 09:49:48 PM »
Actually, the reason I liked it, is it is more like an 80s action comedy (Beverley Hills Cop, etc) in both plot and execution. Except for a slight touch of the surreal with brief moments of gore and one guy who seems indestructible!

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: August 01, 2009, 10:10:05 PM »
Actually, the reason I liked it, is it is more like an 80s action comedy (Beverley Hills Cop, etc) in both plot and execution. Except for a slight touch of the surreal with brief moments of gore and one guy who seems indestructible!

I don't mind people liking it, it's just sometimes frustrating that the really great films go unnoticed.

Like the guy around here, who goes on and on about Tarantino without ever having seen a Hal Hartley movie.  :tease:
Matthias

Najemikon

« Reply #1799 on: August 01, 2009, 10:19:28 PM »
Hal who?  :tease: