Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855454 times)

richierich

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #1770 on: July 30, 2009, 04:57:20 PM »

BTW Rich - I see your kitten has found a new home  :o

Nice spot Rick, I came across this pic
(click to show/hide)
and couldn't resist having it as an avatar for a while  :thumbup:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1771 on: July 30, 2009, 07:37:02 PM »
Today arrived

Haven't seen that in a while, but it stars Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick!

Blind buy, with regards of the forum.

It has Bruce Campbell in it!

Never seen that, but Kristen Bell stars in it!

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1772 on: July 30, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »
Regarding the Green Lantern animated film, I saw it at Wal-Mart yesterday but didn't pick it up.  Has anyone actually seen it yet?  I was thinking of getting the previously released Wonder Woman animated film but chose not to when I heard it was overly violent.  Come to think of it, I never got the Superman animated film involving Doomsday either.  Suggestions?  :hmmmm:

I watched Green Lantern last night and I did like it.  However, it is rather violent at times.  Definitely earns the PG-13 rating.  I have all the DC animated superhero movies.  They are rather violent at times, but I have really enjoyed them.  They have good stories, but the violence will be too extreme for some people.  These definitely aren't movies for children.  The Marvel animated superhero movies are the same as far as the violence goes really.  All of them have been rated PG-13 and are more violent than I would have expected at first. 

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1773 on: July 30, 2009, 10:22:14 PM »

I have and enjoyed Hard Rain... don't remember Drop Zone.

I got it because of Hard Rain.  I liked that one even though it seems like a lot of people can't stand it.  I might have seen Drop Zone years ago, but I'm not sure.  I just wanted Hard Rain.

Both of these I want. I am actually planning on ordering Green Latern here in a few days... but Dollhouse will have to hold off for a bit.

Green Lantern is really good.  I went ahead and ordered Dollhouse when the price dropped a bit at Amazon..and it went down another dollar or two on release day, so I got a little refund.  I think the final price ended up being $28.48.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: July 31, 2009, 10:04:56 AM »
CSI: Season 1

Never watched it properly, but always enjoyed it when I did. Apart from the Miami one. That seems like a law unto itself. I know you like Bones, which I prefer, but still, it's the same sort of thing.

Tarantino's Grave Danger episodes were sodding brilliant. Jimmy.  :tease:
[/quote]
Same for me, I usually enjoyed watching episodes from the first few seasons of CSI. New York is a bit strange already but Miami is....

...utter crap. David Caruso is just so utterly terrible here that I can't bear to....

...put up with it.

Tarantino's episode is not in Season 1 though, is it? I remember watching it without the prior knowledge and kept thinking "Wow, today's episode is beyond what they normally achieve" and then when the credits came up I went :slaphead:

Najemikon

« Reply #1775 on: July 31, 2009, 12:43:43 PM »
Don't know what season Grave Danger was in. Certainly not the first though. Have you seen his other TV work? He did an incredible episode of ER...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: July 31, 2009, 12:56:14 PM »
I just looked at the episode list... Grave Digger seems to be Season 5... so looks like it will be a while before I get to that one!
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: July 31, 2009, 04:38:42 PM »
Don't know what season Grave Danger was in. Certainly not the first though. Have you seen his other TV work? He did an incredible episode of ER...
No, ER was not playing here, but I was never reallly attracted to that anyway. Of course, had I known that tarantino did the show that was playing that particular night I would have made an exception...

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: July 31, 2009, 04:47:52 PM »
You're a real bunch of fanboy :tease:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: July 31, 2009, 04:53:08 PM »

Sure, and I'll stand by that. :P

I heard first mediocre comments about Inglorious Basterds, which has me a bit worried. But then, in the end it's not about what others think, is it?

Najemikon

« Reply #1780 on: July 31, 2009, 06:16:27 PM »

Sure, and I'll stand by that. :P

I heard first mediocre comments about Inglorious Basterds, which has me a bit worried. But then, in the end it's not about what others think, is it?

I've heard nothing but good things. Jonathan Ross interviewed him last week and because he's done so before, he was a bit cheeky. He said he loved IB, but later briefly ripped into Death Proof! One impression I am getting, Inglorious Basterds is far more than a story about scalping Nazis, in fact, there is little action of that sort. It's a much deeper film than that, so go in expecting nothing and I think it'll be quite special.

I was no ER fan either. Did see a two-parter that killed off one character and wrote out Carter for a while, and I thought it was one of the best things I'd ever seen on TV, but the series as a whole failed to grab me.

Same thing with the QT episode. "Mother's" something I think it was called. It was incredible, so I tuned in next week and got bored!  :shrug:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: July 31, 2009, 08:38:03 PM »
I've heard nothing but good things. Jonathan Ross interviewed him last week and because he's done so before, he was a bit cheeky. He said he loved IB, but later briefly ripped into Death Proof! One impression I am getting, Inglorious Basterds is far more than a story about scalping Nazis, in fact, there is little action of that sort. It's a much deeper film than that, so go in expecting nothing and I think it'll be quite special.
Well, it was actually our good friend mark Kermode who, well, hinted at the film being not as good as it should be. In the last show, well one week ago, he was still under an embargo and was not allowed to say anything, really. However, Simon tried to pull some info out of him and eventually said: "Well, it is looooong." And one other sentence which didn't see to complimentary either. Well, there you go.

Najemikon

« Reply #1782 on: July 31, 2009, 08:55:29 PM »
I have to say, I like Kermode's style and quality, but it's actually rare I agree with him. He's always right, but often the reason he dislikes a film, is the reason I like it!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: July 31, 2009, 09:22:33 PM »
Arrived Today...

CSI: Season 1

...and wow! That was quick! It just shipped 2 days ago... and I used free shipping!  :thumbup:

I think I will check out an episode or 2 of it today to see what I think of the show.  :)
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: July 31, 2009, 09:44:01 PM »
I have to say, I like Kermode's style and quality, but it's actually rare I agree with him. He's always right, but often the reason he dislikes a film, is the reason I like it!
I believe you said that before... Anyway, still interesting. I have listened to his lat 6 or so podcasts and found that I value his opinion. When he dislikes stuff that I like I put it off as him being a film critic and simply having higher demands or whatever, you know how they are. But I usually see where he's coming from, even if I disagree.