Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855453 times)

Najemikon

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #1755 on: July 28, 2009, 08:33:05 PM »
:laugh: Cute Tom... but I am pretty confident that everyone would agree that this is not horror!  :P

A walking skeleton? Plotting to take over the world from a castle? One that looks like a skull?

Hmmm...

:tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: July 28, 2009, 08:41:14 PM »
See now... you all just trying to cause trouble now!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #1757 on: July 28, 2009, 08:42:45 PM »
:laugh: Cute Tom... but I am pretty confident that everyone would agree that this is not horror!  :P

I certainly won't hold it against you if you watch it now. I am curious about your opinion on this movie after all :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: July 28, 2009, 08:45:04 PM »
Well... I seen and enjoyed it years ago when it first came on VHS. But I haven't seen it since. Hopefully I am remembering right and did indeed enjoy it!
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #1759 on: July 30, 2009, 03:26:50 AM »
I got a package from Pete today!  :clap:  I have sent Pete a few boxes of DVDs in the past so Pete did this as a thank you to me.  The contents...

Lotsa Luck was a TV sitcom starring Dom DeLuise that premiered back in 1973 on NBC and lasted just one season.  I considered buying this once but never did...Pete sent me the first disc and I'm not sure how many episodes are on this so now I finally get to check it out.
The Kingston High is some kind of urban comedy film I'd never even heard of before.  I have no idea what I'm in for here.
RV might be considered your typical zany Robin Williams comedy (I'm guessing as I haven't seen it yet).  The DVD does have some nice extras so I'm hopeful, especially since a quote calls it "spectacularly hlarious".  I'm not sure who this quote is from but still...
Blade Runner: The Director's Cut--I saw the original version of Blade Runner in theaters when it was first released.  The cover calls this "The original cut"...does this mean it's the same version I saw originally?  I'm not sure.
Kung Pow!: Enter The Fist is a movie I've seen posters of but apart from that, I'm not sure what to expect...some kind of goofy martial arts comedy, I imagine. 
Bad Santa--This is the unrated version so they're actually billing it as "Badder Santa".  I prefer my Christmas movies wholesome (as in Miracle On 34th Street and It's A Wonderful Life) but I do like some of the cast so I'll give it a shot...and I don't really have all that many Christmas movies anyway.
Alex & Emma is a romantic comedy that I know Pete didn't like (I've seen his review) but I'm hopeful since I do like the leads (Kate Hudson and Luke Wilson) and I see it's by Rob Reiner and I've liked several of his movies.  Then again, I've not seen anything new by Reiner in several years so maybe he lost it...kind of like what happened to Mel Brooks?  We'll see.
The 6th Day is some kind of action film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger...I actually don't have many of his movies.  There are some good review quotes on the case including "Two Thumbs Up!" (Ebert & Roeper, I imagine?) so I'll be glad to check this out.
King Kong is the new version by Peter Jackson (director of the Lord of the Rings movies).  This is a full-screen version and also only has one or two limited extras (like the shooting of a Volkswagen commercial).  If I really like this, I know I can get a widescreen copy for $5 at my local Wal-Mart...  ;D

So lot's of TV viewing for me in days to come...  :tv:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1760 on: July 30, 2009, 06:24:34 AM »
Found this one in the cheap bin at Walmart for $5.

Got these from Amazon.

richierich

« Reply #1761 on: July 30, 2009, 10:15:06 AM »
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:17:56 AM by Rich »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: July 30, 2009, 12:02:40 PM »
Found this one in the cheap bin at Walmart for $5.

I have and enjoyed Hard Rain... don't remember Drop Zone.

Got these from Amazon.

Both of these I want. I am actually planning on ordering Green Latern here in a few days... but Dollhouse will have to hold off for a bit.
Pete

richierich

« Reply #1763 on: July 30, 2009, 12:22:51 PM »
can someone give me a quick rundown on Dollhouse, I saw it on Amazon and had never heard of it before??

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1764 on: July 30, 2009, 12:24:31 PM »
can someone give me a quick rundown on Dollhouse, I saw it on Amazon and had never heard of it before??

http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,5236.0.html

I have Dollhouse on pre-order at Amazon UK. It will be released on Sep 7.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:28:21 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #1765 on: July 30, 2009, 12:50:51 PM »
Blade Runner: The Director's Cut--I saw the original version of Blade Runner in theaters when it was first released.  The cover calls this "The original cut"...does this mean it's the same version I saw originally?  I'm not sure.

There are several versions. The original theatrical cut features a voiceover by Ford and a happy ending which was done without Ridley Scott's consent (and Ford hated doing it) as the studio felt audiences wouldn't like Deckard's ambiguous character and would need clarification. Scott then had the opportunity to release his Director's Cut which removed the voiceover and the ending amongst other things. A couple of years ago he released his Final Cut version. I bet you have the Director's Cut? I have a five disc set that includes all of them, plus a "workprint" version.  :surrender:

Kung Pow!: Enter The Fist is a movie I've seen posters of but apart from that, I'm not sure what to expect...some kind of goofy martial arts comedy, I imagine. 

Absolute bloody rubbish! Sorry. But I like kung fu movies and this goes too far taking the piss. :yucky:

Bad Santa--This is the unrated version so they're actually billing it as "Badder Santa".  I prefer my Christmas movies wholesome (as in Miracle On 34th Street and It's A Wonderful Life) but I do like some of the cast so I'll give it a shot...and I don't really have all that many Christmas movies anyway.

I love Bad Santa! However it is very crude and obnoxious. :whistle:

The 6th Day is some kind of action film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger...I actually don't have many of his movies.  There are some good review quotes on the case including "Two Thumbs Up!" (Ebert & Roeper, I imagine?) so I'll be glad to check this out.

I quite liked this. Touches on similar things to Total Recall, but is closer to I Robot in feel.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: July 30, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »
I also enjoyed 6th Day and I have watched it more than once so far.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: July 30, 2009, 01:17:25 PM »
Chori Chori Chupke Chupke (€11.99 at eBay)
Another movie starring Preity and Rani.

Rogmeister

« Reply #1768 on: July 30, 2009, 04:24:34 PM »
Regarding the Green Lantern animated film, I saw it at Wal-Mart yesterday but didn't pick it up.  Has anyone actually seen it yet?  I was thinking of getting the previously released Wonder Woman animated film but chose not to when I heard it was overly violent.  Come to think of it, I never got the Superman animated film involving Doomsday either.  Suggestions?  :hmmmm:

lyonsden5

« Reply #1769 on: July 30, 2009, 04:31:35 PM »

I watched and enjoyed every episode of Dollhouse. It started out a bit...   :hmmmm: well let's just say here at my house we changed the name to WhoreHouse.  :laugh: After only a couple of episodes it morphed from renting a doll for the weekend to do whatever you want with them to a good "Whedon" type show. In fact there is an episode about half way through that Whedon wrote himself. It pretty much forced the writers down a path that made for good TV.  :thumbup:

BTW Rich - I see your kitten has found a new home  :o