Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855683 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #1680 on: July 10, 2009, 08:23:16 PM »
Nope... don't think I would include it in the horror marathon... at the most I would watch it... but list it in my ongoing "What Movies I Watch" thread... and not count it in the horror marathon totals. This is of course going by the theatrical release that I have already watched.
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: July 10, 2009, 09:36:35 PM »
  Dead Like Me: Life After Death (2009)
R1-US MGM (Feb 17, 2009)

Finally gave in on this, even if I don't expect it to measure up to the series.
  The Fall (2006)
R2-UK Momentum (Jan 26, 2009)

From the guy who made The Cell, which I didn't really like, despite its strong visual style. Yet I'm curious...
  Innocence (FR 2004)
R2-UK Artificial Eye (Jan 23, 2006)

This won a few awards at lesser European festivals. It's based on a story by Frank Wedekind and seems like a cross of Picnic at Hanging Rock and Valerie and Her Week of Wonders. I spontaneously decided to buy it after seeing this still from the movie.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 09:43:54 PM by goodguy »
Matthias

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #1682 on: July 14, 2009, 08:01:45 AM »
Another batch to quell my new thirst for Bollywood movies :)

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (€6.95 at Amazon.de)
The debut movie of the guy who directed Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham and starring a lot of the same people.
Mujhse Dosti Karoge (€8.95 at Amazon.de)
Stars Hrithik Roshan plus two girls I liked from other Bollywood movies.
Main Hoon Na (€6.95 at Amazon.de)
Another Shahrukh Khan movie.
Lakshya (€12.99 at Amazon.de)
Starring Hrithik Roshan and Preity Zinta, so far my two favorite Bollywood actors.

lyonsden5

« Reply #1683 on: July 15, 2009, 04:58:52 PM »
Yesterday I picked up "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" from Best Buy. They currently have it on sale for 14.99.

I highly recommend this Aaron Sorkin show as a blind buy for anyone who likes something a bit different. It only lasted one season but they do a really good job of ending the show so you feel satisfied. I am really looking forward to watching it again. I've had it on my list for a while and am glad it finally went on sale somewhere.

Great cast. The main actors are:
Mathew Perry
Amanda Peet
Bradley Whitford
Steven Weber
D.L. Hughley
Sarah Paulson
Timothy Busfield

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: July 15, 2009, 05:09:50 PM »
I enjoyed watching Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip when it originally aired. I been meaning to pick up the DVDs... but haven't had the chance to yet.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: July 15, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »
Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai (£6.19 at Amazon.co.uk)
The breakout role of Hritik Roshan.
Get Smart (£10.33 at Amazon.co.uk)
Blind buy. It has Anne Hathaway in it  :drooling:
And I usually like Steve Carell.
Fire (£6.19 at Amazon.co.uk)
I have had this movie on my wishlist for a long time and never came around buying it. It was in India a highly controversial lesbian movie. I thought, that now where I started buying Indian movies, it is finally time to buy this one.
West Side Story (£4.12 at Amazon.co.uk)
This was still missing in my collection. I think I haven't even seen it completely yet.
Karin: Complete Box Set ($39.89 at DVD Pacific)
A very fun anime about an unconventional vampire girl.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: July 15, 2009, 05:41:45 PM »

I caught this movie on cable... and I am glad I did... because (as a fan of the old TV Series)... I did not like this movie at all. So it is one I won't be adding to my collection. I do hope you enjoy it much more then I did though! :)
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: July 15, 2009, 05:43:54 PM »
I caught this movie on cable... and I am glad I did... because (as a fan of the old TV Series)... I did not like this movie at all. So it is one I won't be adding to my collection. I do hope you enjoy it much more then I did though! :)

I have never seen the series. Maybe this helps to enjoy this movie.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: July 15, 2009, 05:47:50 PM »
yes... that could help quite a bit. I know I felt the same way about the Dukes of Hazzard movie. But yet a friend of mine that never seen the series really enjoyed the movie.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #1689 on: July 15, 2009, 07:08:35 PM »

I have never seen the series. Maybe this helps to enjoy this movie.

I'm one of those who never saw the series and I loved the movie! I think of it like a lighter True Lies...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: July 15, 2009, 07:18:42 PM »
I got in the mail today...

Criss Angel: Mindfreak: Halloween

I am looking forward to checking this guy out. There is 2 bonus episodes from season 1 on the disc. Maybe I will check those out... and save the Halloween special for my October Marathon.
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: July 15, 2009, 11:37:52 PM »

I'm on the fence with this. I enjoyed the first two seasons, but found the third to be a big letdown.

I totally agree with you, I was hooked on S1 & 2, but S3 was at least 30% off the money.
Will be hoping to watch this new series during the week ahead

Any verdict yet?
Matthias

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1692 on: July 16, 2009, 07:59:20 AM »

I've seen some of the show before in reruns on Nick at Nite.  I enjoyed the show and ended up getting the DVD set earlier this year.  I also really enjoyed the movie.  It's not the same as the show, but it is still entertaining.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: July 16, 2009, 12:23:51 PM »
That is cool Marie. I am glad you were able to enjoy both. I believe what part of my problem is.. is I grew up watching these shows (Get Smart, Dukes of Hazzard, Incredible Hulk)... so they hold a special place in my heart as childhood memories. So in my mind the least little change to the way it was to me is like... That isn't right! How could they screw that up so badl?!?! I know it makes little sense... but it is the way some of us old fans feel when we see movies like these. Though it does seem to be hit and miss... as I loved the Bewitched movie... and that went way off of the series.  :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1694 on: July 17, 2009, 12:13:15 AM »
That is cool Marie. I am glad you were able to enjoy both. I believe what part of my problem is.. is I grew up watching these shows (Get Smart, Dukes of Hazzard, Incredible Hulk)... so they hold a special place in my heart as childhood memories. So in my mind the least little change to the way it was to me is like... That isn't right! How could they screw that up so badl?!?! I know it makes little sense... but it is the way some of us old fans feel when we see movies like these. Though it does seem to be hit and miss... as I loved the Bewitched movie... and that went way off of the series.  :P

Oh I know what you mean and I understand.  I grew up watching The Dukes of Hazzard..probably my favorite show for a long time.
I gave the movie version a chance...I ..well.  I won't say I hated it, because there were a few things that were fine, but they really messed up most of the characters...made Uncle Jessie a stoner...Bo was talking like he loved the General Lee like a woman or something...Daisy..well.  She was really just there as eye candy.  So trust me, I understand about not liking some of the movies after having seen the tv shows.

Oh..I liked the new Bewitched movie too.  I thought the way it was done was interesting.