Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856095 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #1620 on: June 27, 2009, 06:01:01 PM »
Ah, well, I do already have the 2-disc edition, but I won't be upgrading, because those subs are cool... :P
The lack of the cool subs (Tom, you should find examples on YouTube; like there is some scenes where the subs are red and then dissolve like blood...) has so far held me back to upgrade the two Watch movies as well. The picture quality has always been said to be great.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1621 on: June 27, 2009, 08:58:06 PM »
Today arrived:

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #1622 on: June 27, 2009, 09:00:17 PM »

I am curious if it is really as bad as the reviews I have read so far have said. When I first heard about this movie, I thought it would be a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 09:10:34 PM by Tom »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1623 on: June 27, 2009, 09:09:49 PM »
I am about to watch it.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Rogmeister

« Reply #1624 on: June 27, 2009, 11:01:36 PM »
I just ordered a couple of items...are we supposed to wait until we get stuff to mention it?  I'm still new here  :-\

El Dorado: Centennial Edition is a western I've mentioned a bit in my ongoing western marathon.  This 2-disc set includes some behind-the-scenes featurettes and two audio commentaries (one by Peter Bogdonovich and another with Richard Schickel and Ed Asner and one or two others.  I decided to hold off for now on getting the other Centennial Edition film, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

Westbound is the only collaboration between director Budd Boetticher and Randolph Scott I don't have.  I have the single DVD of Seven Men From Now and a box set that has 5 others.  This one just came out as part of Warner Brothers' Archive series.  I think those are bare bones so there probably aren't any extras...the trailer would be nice, though.  :)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #1625 on: June 27, 2009, 11:06:04 PM »
I just ordered a couple of items...are we supposed to wait until we get stuff to mention it?  I'm still new here  :-\

Of course you are allowed to mentioned it when you order it. Some of us do this regularly. I myself on the other hand usually only post my stuff after I have gotten it.
You only have to know one thing about this forum: There are no rules  ;D

lyonsden5

« Reply #1626 on: June 28, 2009, 10:31:14 PM »
OK - Here's the rest of my Father's Day haul:

All three Spider-Man movies (obviously)

Includes Wrath of Kahn, Search for Spock and Voyage Home. Amazon still has it for $29.99. Great price I do believe.

I've fallen asleep every time I try to watch this. Maybe this time I can stay awake.

Not a Nick Cage fan (at all). Hopefully i will enjoy this one.

Saw the first two, have not yet watched the third. Perhaps I'll watch them all starting.... July 1st. Would be a nice little marathon, don't you think Pete?  :tomato:

And the one below was not for Father's Day. My wife got it for me as a congratulations gift for the new contractor.  :thundergod:

Includes the following:

Skynet Edition - Blu-ray
Extreme Edition - DVD
Ultimate Edition - DVD

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: June 29, 2009, 01:42:45 AM »
Very cool Rick... even if you did feel the need to be a bit of a smart-ass!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: June 29, 2009, 10:57:52 AM »
Wow, Father's Day in the birthday seems like Christmas... :o

lyonsden5

« Reply #1629 on: June 29, 2009, 03:50:55 PM »
Wow, Father's Day in the birthday seems like Christmas... :o

Agree! They went overboard (got a Logitech Harmony Remote as well). My oldest had a great year financially and helped out the other two (who are both still in college and basically broke - unless I give them cash). Needless to say I was a bit overwhelmed.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: June 29, 2009, 03:59:14 PM »
Well, just to be sure, given what you hauled in I can't really see much wrong with the situation... :cheers: I guess it's jealous is what I am :laugh:

Rogmeister

« Reply #1631 on: June 30, 2009, 04:43:53 AM »
I'm in a western e-mail list and yesterday someone posted a photo from a John Wayne film (which wasn't actually from a western) and the first one to guess it won a copy (it's one he's making a copy of).  I was the winner...the movie was an early Duke film called Conflict where he played a boxer.  The guy said he'd also burn me a copy of the Centennial edition of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance so this marks 2 more DVDs coming my way.  :cheers:

Najemikon

« Reply #1632 on: June 30, 2009, 11:41:44 AM »
I'm in a western e-mail list and yesterday someone posted a photo from a John Wayne film (which wasn't actually from a western) and the first one to guess it won a copy (it's one he's making a copy of).  I was the winner...the movie was an early Duke film called Conflict where he played a boxer.  The guy said he'd also burn me a copy of the Centennial edition of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance so this marks 2 more DVDs coming my way.  :cheers:

So you "win" a copied DVD?  :hmmmm:

I'm not judging, as it's up to you, but it doesn't seem much a prize to me. :shrug:

Rogmeister

« Reply #1633 on: June 30, 2009, 04:39:13 PM »
You may be right but I don't even know if this movie is commercially available and it's one John Wayne movie I may never have seen and this may be my only chance to see it...and it's not costing me anything.  I'm just wondering how good it'll look and sound which I'll discover once it arrives.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: June 30, 2009, 04:46:34 PM »
Congrats anyway Roger. Hope it all works out and you enjoy it!
Pete