Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857190 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #1020 on: January 12, 2009, 01:27:58 AM »
Was never one I watched... but I seen on other forums people going nuts on how badly they did with that release... replacing most of the music and such.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1021 on: January 12, 2009, 01:59:56 AM »
Was never one I watched... but I seen on other forums people going nuts on how badly they did with that release... replacing most of the music and such.

I hadn't heard that.  I've heard about issues with the music on other tv show DVD releases.  Oh well..I'll try to ignore that aspect and focus on the stuff I remember liking..like the characters and stuff.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 13, 2009, 08:11:22 PM »
2 titles arrived in the mail today...

- 24: Season 6
- Reba: Season 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 16, 2009, 04:44:56 PM »
This morning this package from Eric was in my mail

First purchase of a very slow buying month for me. Buy the collection for the first 2 movies, I've never seen the last one and reading the review by Jon it seems I haven't miss anything at all.

Najemikon

« Reply #1024 on: January 16, 2009, 06:06:12 PM »
You never know, you might like it! It's made by a foreigner working against formula from deep within the Hollywood system. :shrug:

Still crap though. :yucky: :devil:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #1025 on: January 16, 2009, 11:15:08 PM »
Hancock (€18.89 at eBay)
I enjoyed this movie in the cinema and can't wait to watch it on Blu-ray.
Never Say Never Again ($9.47 at DVD Pacific)
The only Bond movie I have never watched and the only I didn't have in my collection. Finally bought it, when I read that Rowan Atkinson is in it.
Christmas Classics Collection ($27.82 at DVD Pacific)
A set with four christmas movies. "Jingle on the Way" will further extend my Schwarzenegger collection. I would never have bought this movie stand-alone.
Death Note: Volume 1 Box Set ($42.01 at DVD Pacific)
The first 20 (of 36) episodes of the "Death Note" anime.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 12:14:50 AM by Tom »

Najemikon

« Reply #1026 on: January 17, 2009, 01:02:50 AM »
The only Bond movie I have never watched and the only I didn't have in my collection. Finally bought it, when I read that Rowan Atkinson is in it.

It really doesn't deserve to be called a Bond film, Tom. It isn't terrible. Better than Moonraker or Die Another Day, but still very poor.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 17, 2009, 04:22:12 AM »
You sure have the movie with the most annoying child to ever appear in a film in this collection.  :yucky:
I've never understand why he was a "star" for a couple of year  :shrug:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1028 on: January 17, 2009, 06:27:54 AM »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 17, 2009, 06:42:44 AM »
Rowan must be very young in this one. I actually remember seeing this in the cinema at the time. There was one scene in particular where the whole cinema was silenced in shock only I was laughing out loud :laugh:

You are aware it's basically a remake....? (of Thunderball, I think?)

:slaphead: Do I feel stupid now. I bought all those single disc releases and as the last one is only due out next month I haven"t even watched them yet (as I didn't want to be on a roll and then get stopped by the fact that the next disc was not available yet.

Does it contain the single discs in their keep cases or is it different packaging all together?

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1030 on: January 17, 2009, 10:07:26 AM »
Watched one season and got hooked, so had to by another two:

(they changed the design of a series again!  :voodoo:)

And yet another title for my romance collection:

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 17, 2009, 11:00:16 AM »
You sure have the movie with the most annoying child to ever appear in a film in this collection.  :yucky:
I've never understand why he was a "star" for a couple of year  :shrug:

Yes, this movie was almost the reason, I didn't buy this set.
Primarily I bought it, because "Miracle on 34th Street" is it. But when putting the discs into Profiler I noticed, that it is a remake and not the original  :bag:
I didn't even know there is a remake. I hope I won't regret buying this set now.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 17, 2009, 11:06:36 AM »
You are aware it's basically a remake....? (of Thunderball, I think?)

Yes. The reason why I haven't bother buying it so far was, because it seems a inferior remake to Thunderball. Also all the character except for Bond are played by different people. But the curiosity to see Atkinson as a Bond villain won out now.

:slaphead: Do I feel stupid now. I bought all those single disc releases and as the last one is only due out next month I haven"t even watched them yet (as I didn't want to be on a roll and then get stopped by the fact that the next disc was not available yet.

Does it contain the single discs in their keep cases or is it different packaging all together?

It contains the discs of the first five single disc releases in a fold-out digipak.
I always wait for the inevitable boxset release when buying anime. It's cheaper and takes less space.

Najemikon

« Reply #1033 on: January 17, 2009, 12:53:42 PM »
Yes. The reason why I haven't bother buying it so far was, because it seems a inferior remake to Thunderball. Also all the character except for Bond are played by different people. But the curiosity to see Atkinson as a Bond villain won out now.

???

This is rumour control! I admit it's been some time since I saw it, but Rowan Atkinson has a very small role as some sort of government liaison. No way is he the villain! :hysterical:

Primarily I bought it, because "Miracle on 34th Street" is it. But when putting the discs into Profiler I noticed, that it is a remake and not the original  :bag:
I didn't even know there is a remake. I hope I won't regret buying this set now.

From what I remember, the remake is fine. Attenborough had to play Santa sooner or later! The original though is sublime...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 12:56:13 PM by Jon »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 17, 2009, 01:03:02 PM »
This is rumour control! I admit it's been some time since I saw it, but Rowan Atkinson has a very small role as some sort of government liaison. No way is he the villain! :hysterical:

As I said, I never saw it. I just assumed, that with the role name "Small-Fawcett", he is playing one of the bad guys. I had assumed that is role is minor though. Otherwise I would have found out about his participation sooner, I think.