Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857282 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #975 on: January 01, 2009, 12:36:50 PM »
I just placed my monthly order... It feels so good to be able to order for myself again!  :P I went 2 months without buying myself practically anything. So yes... I did hit the Amazon sales pretty hard... as well as completed my membership agreement with Columbia House (that one hurt a bit!) Anyway... I ordered...

24: Season 6
After twenty months in a Chinese prison, Jack Bauer is suddenly returned to the United States. But instead of being free, Jack's release is part of a secret deal: his life in return for the location of Hamri Al-Assad, the leader of a terrorist organization that has unleashed a wave of terror across the country. A broken man, physically and mentally, Jack agrees to the exchange. But when he learns that his new captor, Abu Fayed, is actually the man behind the attacks and that his own sacrifice is meaningless, Jack lashes out and escapes. Now he must convince the president and CTU that the man they are trying to kill may be the only man who can end the rapidly escalating violence.

Finally caught up on the season sets on this series. It was a bad thing that there was no season last year due to the writer's strike... but at least it gave me the chance to catch up!

24: Redemption
24: Redemption is the unprecedented feature-length event from television's most provocative and suspenseful series. After sacrificing everything for his country, Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) stands to lose the only thing he has left–his freedom. Wanted by the U.S. government and working as a missionary in Africa, Bauer must stop a ruthless warlord from drafting innocent children into his murderous militia. But first, Bauer must confront his own torturous past and face an impossible decision that will change his life forever.

Filmed on location in Africa, 24: Redemption features performances by Oscar® Winner Jon Voight* and Robert Carlyle.

I missed this TV Movie when it originally aired. And I really wanted to see it before I started the new season later this month.

Batman: The Animated Series: Vol. 1
This fantastic 4-disc set packs 28 awesome adventures of the World's Greatest Detective taking down an array of criminal masterminds plus Exclusive Extras also worthy of investigation. Experience the thrills of vigilante justice as millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne and alter-ego Batman protect the streets of 'Gotham City' from a host of villains including archnemesis The Joker, deadly-beautiful Poison Ivy and primitive Killer Croc in a fresh take on super hero storytelling. Intelligent, dramatic stories, unique characters and sharp dialog shaped this edgy TV series into an Emmy®-winning powerhouse that brought the Caped Crusader out of the dark alleys of TV history and into the present for fans of all ages.

I used to enjoy the Animated Series on TV years ago. I was always meaning to start collecting this show... but the price was a little too high for my taste. So when I saw this set on sale I had to jump on it.

The Dark Knight
The follow-up to Batman Begins, The Dark Knight reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in his continuing war on crime. With the help of Lt. Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good. The triumvirate proves effective. But soon the three find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as The Joker, who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and forces Batman closer to crossing the fine line bewtween hero and vigilante. Heath Ledger stars as archvillian The Joker, and Aaron Eckhart plays Dent. Maggie Gyllenhall joins the cast as Rachel Dawes. Returning from Batman Begins are Gary Oldman as Gordon, Michael Caine as Alfred and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox.

I am really looking forward to checking this movie out. The trailer for it looks excellent.

Hancock
Academy Award® nominee Will Smith (Best Actor, The Pursuit of Happyness, 2006) stars in this action-packed comedy as Hancock, a sarcastic, hard-living and misunderstood superhero who has fallen out of favor with the public.

When Hancock grudgingly agrees to an extreme makeover from idealistic publicist Ray Embrey (Jason Bateman, Juno), his life and reputation rise from the ashes and all seems right again — until he meets a woman (2003 Academy Award® winner Charlize Theron, Best Actress, Monster) with similar powers to his and the key to his secret past.

I heard some say this one is really good and heard others say it completely sucked. But my brother watched it... and he said he enjoyed it and thought I would too... so I decided to go ahead and get it instead of waiting for the price to drop.

Heroes: Season 1
Discover the phenomenon that is sweeping audiences everywhere as 'Heroes: Season 1' comes to DVD! Experience the suspense, mystery, and electrifying twists as this astonishing series follows seemingly unconnected, ordinary people around the globe who discover they have extraordinary powers. As they come to terms with their unique abilities, their risky decisions will affect the futures of everyone around them ... and the world. Join their epic journey in this seven-disc set packed with hours of fascinating and revealing bonus features, including the never-before-aired series premier from show creator Tim Kring.

This is a TV Series I really like. Not sure why it took me so long to start collecting it.

The Incredible Hulk
Academy Award® nominee Edward Norton stars as scientist Bruce Banner, a man who has been living in shadows, scouring the planet for an antidote to the unbridled force of rage within him: the Hulk. But when the military masterminds who dream of exploiting his powers force him back to civilization, he finds himself coming face to face with his most formidable foe: the Abomination - a nightmarish beast of pure aggression whose powers match the Hulk's own!

Also starring Liv Tyler, Oscar® nominee Tim Roth, and Oscar® winner William Hurt, The Incredible Hulk is "steeped in action and spectacular special effects" (Claudia Puig, USA Today) and delivers a mind-blowing final showdown that can only be summed up with one word... INCREDIBLE!

This one I am really excited about seeing. The last Hulk movie really disappointed me. Hearing this one is more closely taken from the TV Series has my hopes up. This will probably be the first one I watch once it arrives.

Iron Man
Lift off with high-speed, high-flying action in this Ultimate 2-disc Edition that takes you inside the suit of Marvel's invincible Super Hero for the ultimate 'Iron Man' experience!

After surviving an unexpected attack in enemy territory, jet-setting industrialist Tony Stark builds a high-tech suit of armor and vows to protect the world as 'Iron Man'. Straight from the pages of the legendary comic book, 'Iron Man' is a hero who is built - not born - to be unlike any other!

I been looking forward to seeing this one every since the first time I saw the trailer. I remember when it was first announced I was a little concerned how well they could bring Iron Man to life... but the trailer looks like they did an excellent job!

Moonlight: The Complete Series
Any private eye knows a lot about other people's secrets. L.A. private eye Mick St. John (Alex O'Loughlin) has a secret of his own. He's a vampire, dwelling in a covert netherworld complicated by friendship with an undead finance honcho (Jason Dohring), memories of the alluring ex- wife (Shannyn Sossamon) who turned him into a vampire, and a relationship with a human (Sophia Myles) he feels drawn to protect - and maybe to love. But no matter how tempting, Mick knows a vampire-human romance is eternally dangerous. This 16-episode, 4-disc set of the series voted the 2008 People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama is a sure entertainment bet for all who like their vampire stories sleek, intense and passionate.

This is one I have on pre-order. It is released on 1/20. I quickly got into this series when it aired... not surprising for me since it is about vampires. It is a shame this series got canceled so fast!

My Hero: Season 2
Thermoman, a down-to-earth superhero in love, is back for another series of out-of-this world comedy adventures.

This is a UK based series that I gotten into with the first season set. Unfortunately season 2 came out over a year ago... with no signs of season 3 being released. I hope we will eventually get more releases as I find this to be a very funny sitcom.

Reba: Season 5
In the fifth season of "Reba," the Hart family faces new trials and tribulations as Reba and son-in-law Van Montgomery (Steve Howey, Supercross) decide to team up and work in real estate together. Just when she thinks money troubles are a thing of the past, Reba and her ex-husband Brock (Christopher Rich, "Murphy Brown") are audited by the IRS for back taxes. Meanwhile Brock's wife Barbara Jean (Melissa Peterman, Fargo, How High) tries to sue Reba after spraining her ankle in the house Reba and Van rent to her. Featuring all 22 original episodes.

This is another one that I have on pre-order. It is released on 1/13. It is a sitcom I have really grown to love so I hope the 6th (final?) season is released as well.

Resident Evil: Degeneration
The first ever CGI Resident Evil full length feature film based on Capcom's multi-million dollar game/film franchise! A zombie attack brings chaos to Harvardville Airport. Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield - former special forces members during the Raccoon City tragedy 7 years ago - battle a rogue warrior who is seeking revenge against WilPharma and the bio-weapons industry after his family was killed in Raccoon City. The deadly G-Virus is unleashed and a new mutated monster goes on the attack.

I was a bit nervous when I saw this movie is 100% CGI... but after watching the trailer I got looking forward to checking it out.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 01, 2009, 04:10:42 PM »

It looks like we will have a superhero weekend marathon soon

Najemikon

« Reply #977 on: January 01, 2009, 06:23:43 PM »

It looks like we will have a superhero weekend marathon soon

Jimmy? Is that you?

You do know that The Dark Knight doesn't star Adam West, don't you? And Hancock, even! Your New Year Resolution must be to "Embrace Hollywood and all its shininess"!

:laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 01, 2009, 06:41:08 PM »
Jimmy? Is that you?
It was a reply to Pete, but I've forgot to use the reply fonction  :-[

Watching all this in a marathon would have the same effect on me than a musical marathon for Pete  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 01, 2009, 08:07:08 PM »
Oh No!!!! Anything but Musicals!!!!  :laugh:

I just got back from Walmart... grabbed a $9.00 DVD while I was there...

Pulse 2
Jamie Bamber (Battlestar Galactica) stars in this terrifying sequel that picks up where the original Pulse left off. The dead have found a way back to our world – through cell phones and WiFi – and the human survivors have taken to remote areas to escape. When a young girl goes missing, both her father and mother must cross a city of the dead to learn the terrifying truth. Intense, suspenseful, and terrifying, Pulse 2 will frighten you straight through to its shocking ending.

The first one wasn't the best horror I ever seen.. but I was able to enjoy it. So I figured for under $10 I will give the sequel a chance. Hopefully I won't be too sorry.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 02, 2009, 07:52:32 AM »
It's been a while since I posted here, but now I finally got it all together. (Well almost, as the time of post this my website is being migrated from one server to another by the provider, so initially there will be some cover images missing.) I guess I my split this into two posts so it doesn't get too long.

So, first here is what has arrived in the past weeks from my orders paced before my vacation:

From Amazon..co.uk:
Sleuth
Creepshow
The IT Crowd: Version 1.0 & Version 2.0
Son of Rambow
Sadly enough the Son of Rambow Blu-ray doesn't play in my PS3, despite being labeled for regions A+B  :weep:

From DeepDiscount.com (25% sale):
Sunshine
Juno
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
The Fall
L.A. Confidential
The Gangster 3-Movie Collection
Stephen King's The Mist
Iron Man
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Orphanage
Dark City
Looney Tunes: Golden Collection: Volume Six
The Final Countdown
Beetlejuice
A Christmas Story

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 02, 2009, 07:57:53 AM »
I bought in Germany:
Knallhart
Das Experiment
Lissi und der wilde Kaiser

Purchased in Hong Kong:
Tom and Jerry
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Tremors
The Mummy
The Last Man on Earth
The Shawshank Redemption
I Am Legend
Get Smart
Family Guy Presents: Blue Harvest
Ken Park
Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
White Dog
Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 1
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
The Lost Boys
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
Bangkok Dangerous
Eagle Eye

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 02, 2009, 08:01:21 AM »
And finally, from an order from Amazon.com:
The Dark Knight
Dead Space: Downfall
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead
Heathers
The Chronicles of Narnia: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 02, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »
I just placed another small order with Amazon...

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Comedy Favorites Collection
Arnold Schwarzenegger, everyone's favorite bodybuilding superstar, flexes his comedic muscles in three of his funniest films! Available together for the first time ever, Arnold shows off his larger-than-life screen presence in the smash hit 'Twins', the action-packed comedy 'Kindergarten Cop' and the heartwarming 'Junior'. So get ready to laugh out loud with the 'Arnold Schwarzenegger Comedy Favorites Collection'. It's sure to pump up even the toughest crowd!

For the life of me I can not remember who at this moment... but I remember someone here at the forum mentioning this set. It has been years since I seen either one of these movies... but I do remember enjoying them all. So when I saw that this set is only $6.99 at amazon I had to grab it.

Deadtime Stories
Your favorite nightmares come to life in a horror/fantasy salute to the age-old bedtime story ritual. Travel on a mysterious journey to a medieval world populated by blood-crazed witches, evil experiments and captive maidens.

Then from the catacombs and dark caverns of medieval Europe, you plunge into modern suburbia and the frolicsome adventures of a nubile lady jogger stalked by a savage werewolf.

Finally, sensuality becomes macabre black comedy as you follow the trail of three escaped mental patients who share a country house with a daffy murderess.

I always enjoyed the Anthology horrors. I can not remember if I ever seen this one before... but I have heard some good things about it.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #984 on: January 02, 2009, 12:13:31 PM »

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Comedy Favorites Collection
For the life of me I can not remember who at this moment... but I remember someone here at the forum mentioning this set.

I was me :)
I bought and reviewed it recently. I hope you enjoy this set :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 02, 2009, 12:15:06 PM »
Thanks Tom!  :)
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #986 on: January 03, 2009, 01:21:27 AM »
I had to pick up a few things at Walmat and once again I ended up in the DVD section.  lol..I almost got this one the other day. 

Najemikon

« Reply #987 on: January 03, 2009, 02:05:10 AM »
I had to pick up a few things at Walmat and once again I ended up in the DVD section.  lol..I almost got this one the other day. 

How many of us have got X-Files? Could be good for a marathon. Haven't seen it from the start in years and as I've said before, I need some encouragement to get through the last lot. :P

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 03, 2009, 02:15:12 AM »
Jon give me a chance, I watch only one tv show for more than a month and I've always 2 and a half seasons to watch (the season 6 that I watch right now is so bad, stupid and the ridicule Harry Potter magic school plot is not even started yet :yucky:). As much as I like the X-Files I will not start another 9 seasons tv serie after Charmed...

I need an exploitation movie fix and fast  :devil:

edit : Just after this post guess what episode it was? Yes, the nfbsk magic school beginning  :axed:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:29:17 AM by Jimmy »

lyonsden5

« Reply #989 on: January 03, 2009, 02:32:51 AM »
How many of us have got X-Files?

[raises hand]

Could be good for a marathon.

:thumbup: