Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857402 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #930 on: December 12, 2008, 02:53:32 AM »
Damn good selection! Is it open house for a marathon? :P

If you're still thinking of adding more, Rio Bravo has to have a slot.

I thought of an interesting one the other night, Eastwood's High Plains Drifter. Very similar to his later Pale Rider, but with a more intriguing message. He's a mysterious stranger who rides into a town with a guilty secret and he forces them to face that and makes them look silly in the process, including painting the entire town red and naming it "Hell"!

(click to show/hide)

I'm sure she and my step-dad will have them watched within a day or two of Christmas. 
I don't know if High Plains Drifter is one she wanted.  I'll have to find out.  Though that might have been one of the Eastwood movies I saw in WalMart when I was with her and she said would be ok.  Hmm...I'll figure it out.

Oh..She already has Rio Bravo.  :)  They've watched that one several times.

lyonsden5

« Reply #931 on: December 12, 2008, 03:15:16 AM »
Amazon.  ($129.00) Arrived Tuesday

I was pleasantly surprised to find out it had the 1st movie in it as well  :thumbup:

RossRoy

« Reply #932 on: December 12, 2008, 03:16:13 AM »
Newly received

From Amazon.ca on Dec.08:
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3

From Amazon.ca on Dec.10:
Family Guy: Volume Six

The Sopranos: The Complete Series
which contains (obviously ;)):
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
Season 6: Part I
Season 6: Part II

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 12, 2008, 03:32:51 AM »

I was pleasantly surprised to find out it had the 1st movie in it as well  :thumbup:

That looks like a great set! I have all 9 seasons of the original release... plus the first movie. I am hoping to get the new movie before too long. Maybe I will be lucky enough to get it for Christmas. Hopefully the new movie is a good one.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 12, 2008, 03:57:46 AM »

Just to think that I've paid more than that for the first six seasons  :weep:
Yes it was more for each season individually, but the package is better  ;D
Since I'm cheap I've bought the last three seasons with the budget case  :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #935 on: December 12, 2008, 09:47:26 AM »

Yeah, but that's offset by it having season 9 included... :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 12, 2008, 09:32:37 PM »
I just got my first early Christmas gifts.... A good friend of mine (Thanks Tammy!) sent me...

Hostel Part II: Unrated Director's Cut

Pumpkinhead 4: Blood Feud

She knows how big of a horror fanatic I am!  ;D
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #937 on: December 12, 2008, 10:34:08 PM »
I just got my first early Christmas gifts.... A good friend of mine (Thanks Tammy!) sent me...

Your friends are getting sloppy torturing you  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 12, 2008, 10:44:22 PM »
 :laugh: This one always takes pity on me... she likes opening what I got her on the day it gets there... so she allows me to do it that way so she can too.  :P

Now the other one... the one that got me 4 titles... she is the torturer... or should I say Dominatrix?  :P She likes to make me wait... her gifts has been here since early last week... but she can't torture me the way she normally does as she wants to be on the phone with me when I open and she won't be around for a while after next week... so I am expecting to open them next week. Probably on Monday since that is her day off.  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 13, 2008, 05:48:47 PM »
... but she can't torture me the way she normally does as she wants to be on the phone with me when I open and she won't be around for a while after next week... so I am expecting to open them next week. Probably on Monday since that is her day off.  :P
Don't go to fast with the idea that she will let you open your gift before Christmass, maybe she will ask you to wait that she came back after the Holliday  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 13, 2008, 08:10:50 PM »
... but she can't torture me the way she normally does as she wants to be on the phone with me when I open and she won't be around for a while after next week... so I am expecting to open them next week. Probably on Monday since that is her day off.  :P
Don't go to fast with the idea that she will let you open your gift before Christmass, maybe she will ask you to wait that she came back after the Holliday  :tease:

LOL... I actually thought about that. But if she did that... that would mean she also has to wait for after the Holidays to open what I got her. And I know for a fact that she won't want to wait that long for hers either!  :P
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #941 on: December 14, 2008, 04:30:56 AM »
Copland: Directors Cut
Rome: Complete collection.

Sanuye

« Reply #942 on: December 14, 2008, 09:11:43 PM »
My first (and second) blu-ray  :yahoo:
The Matrix
Sleeping Beauty

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 15, 2008, 10:34:11 PM »
Well a friend and I exchanged Christmas presents today. The one I posted about in the other thread... got me 4 titles and was torturing me by making me wait a couple weeks before opening it. anyway... she got me...

Batman: The Movie: Special Edition
When Batman (Adam West) and Robin (Burt Ward) get a tip that Commodore Schmidlapp (Reginald Denny) is in danger aboard his yacht they launch a rescue mission. But the tip is a set-up by four of the most powerful villains ever who seek to defeat the Dynamic Duo once and for all!

Armed with a dehydrator that can turn humans into dust the fearsome foursome intends to take over the world! Can the Caped Crusaders use their high-flying heroism and groovy gadgetry to declaw Catwoman (Lee Meriwether) ice the Penguin (Burgess Meredith) upstage the Joker (Cesar Romero) and stump the Riddler (Frank Gorshin) in time?

OK...ok... don't laugh. This is off a series I used to watch when I was a little kid. Granted I haven't seen anything from it since I was a little kid... I am hoping it has some nostalgic value. If nothing else... maybe it will be something from my childhood to laugh at.

Category 6: Day of Destruction
Nature strikes out with unfathomable fury as the unimaginable becomes a terrifying reality. Three twisters descend upon Las Vegas leaving a neon wasteland in their wake. Hurricanes tear through the Gulf Coast without warning. Record-high temperatures scorch the northeast. One-hundred-mile-an-hour winds tear across the south. Lightning storms ignite the sky. Wildfires blaze out of control. For Amy Harkin, a budding Chicago anchorwoman looking for her big break, the fear of these weather anomalies is second only to the dread of the inevitable repercussions: rolling coast-to-coast blackouts and the dwindling sources needed to revive them. With the worst power breakdown on record looming, an overload could cripple the nation and leave the entire population in the dark, without communication and vulnerable to unthinkable dangers.

This is a miniseries I missed when it aired on TV... but always wanted to check out. I see on the cover there is several familiar names in this one. I notice it has Thomas Gibson (Dharma & Greg) and Nancy McKeon (Facts of Life) in it. I kinda wonder if I will even recognize Nancy McKeon in this movie! I don't remember seeing her in anything since Facts of Life.

Category 7: End of the World
In this hair-raising sequel to Category Six: Day of Destruction, mankind's survivial against the elements is pushed to the limits...

All across the globe, an unprecedented Category 6 storm decends with greater force than could have ever been imagined. The Eiffel Tower is shredded by violent winds - the Great Pyramids reduced to piles of rubble as twisting, black funnels snake across the desert. For years scientists have been expounding theories - and warnings - of global warming trends. Now these warnings are coming true with a frightening ferocity. But though it may have created regions of volatile and extreme weather, global warming isn't what triggered the terrible temptest. The cause is unknown.

As various regions of the Earth succumb to the increasingly powerful super storm, beautiful but discredited scientist Faith Clavell (Shannen Doherty, TV's Charmed) teams up with storm chaser Tommy Tornado (Emmy® Award nominee Randy Quaid, Elvis) and head of FEMA Judith Carr (Gina Gershon, Face/Off), to determine the trigger and eliminate it - and that means infiltrating the storm itself.

Compounding the chaos, a terrorist organization is threatening to make the situation worse. Now it's not only man against nature, but man against man as the newly-intensified Category 7 approaches - and possibly, the end of the world.

The sequel to the above miniseries... looking forward to a day-long marathon of these 2 miniseries!

NOTE: Does Anyone here have the Re-Release cover images for Category 7?

I Am Legend: 2-Disc Special Edition
The last man on earth is not alone. Will Smith plays that lone survivor in 'I Am Legend', the action epic fusing heart-pounding excitement with a mind-blowing vision of a desolate Manhattan. Somehow immune to an unstoppable, incurable virus, military virologist Robert Neville (Smith) is now the last human survivor in New York City and maybe the world. Mutant plague victims lurk in the shadows...watching Neville's every move...waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find an antidote using his own immune blood. But he knows he is outnumbered...and quickly running out of time.

I saw this movie once before when my sis-in-law bought it when it was first released. I enjoyed it then... so happy to have it added to my collection.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 15, 2008, 10:43:46 PM »
OK...ok... don't laugh. This is off a series I used to watch when I was a little kid.
No laughing from me since this is the only Batman that I own and care to have. I have it for the same reason than you and it's as fun to watch than when I was younger. If the original serie could be release it would be even greater