Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857930 times)

Touti

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #615 on: July 24, 2008, 06:26:03 PM »

I've win this movie from my favourite internet board (sorry Eric  :whistle:) :  The AV Maniacs - Forum

Hope you don't mind for the little plug Eric  :whistle:

Not at all !

[clearing throat]
 :chainsaw: :axed: :giljotiini: :swordfight: :burninacid:  :voodoo: :rip:

Touti

« Reply #616 on: July 26, 2008, 03:50:17 PM »
Everybody does know that the above was only a joke right ?  Nothing has been posted here since I wrote this, I have the unpleasant feeling that I killed this thread.  Now I'm gonna have to go buy DVD's and post them here to restart it  :slaphead:

RossRoy

« Reply #617 on: July 26, 2008, 04:09:32 PM »
Actually, we might just all be on vacation... or prepping a big purchase!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 26, 2008, 04:10:09 PM »
LOL... in my case I haven't gotten anything yet... but I am expecting something to ship soon... a pre-order for this coming Tuesday. :)
Pete

Touti

« Reply #619 on: July 26, 2008, 04:11:11 PM »
I placed a small order thursday, 2 dvd's for me and 1 for my mom.  Should be here tuesday.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 26, 2008, 05:11:38 PM »
Don't worry I know it was a joke. Maybe I'm not the only one that have decreased is dvd purchase since everything cost more because of the  :voodoo: gaz. I have just one order for august, so not a lot of post by me. 6 dvds for the summer... not really an exciting summer  :yawn:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 26, 2008, 06:53:50 PM »
Well, actually I had myself confused since I recently switched from "announing" orders to posting about arrivals :bag:

I received recently:
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dirty Harry: Ultimate Collector's Edition
The Road Warrior
There Will Be Blood

lovemunkey187

« Reply #622 on: July 27, 2008, 04:00:39 AM »
Resident Evil: Extinction
Hitman:
Shoot 'em Up

Trace Adkins: Greatest Video Hits

New dektop pc with a 19" widescreen monitor  8)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 29, 2008, 07:44:31 PM »
In the mail from Amazon today...

Witchblade: The Complete Series
New York homicide detective Sara Pezzini (Yancy Butler) doesn't know why the forces of the universe have chosen her to possess the awesome living weapon called the Witchblade. But it is hers to wear and to wield in the fight against crime, although it comes with a terrifying price. Evil foes seek the Witchblade, setting in motion an ongoing battle that may cost the lives of those Sara holds dearest.

In these 24 live-action episodes based on the popular comic books, Sara gradually discovers her amazing ancient link to the mysterious weapon as she wars against evildoers both natural and supernatural. The cutting edge of excitement belongs to Sara Pezzini - and the Witchblade.

Pretty close to a blind buy... only ever seen 1 or 2 episodes before... but looked interesting so wanted to check it out.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #624 on: July 29, 2008, 08:59:44 PM »
Received this today, form Amazon Marketplace:

Touti

« Reply #625 on: July 31, 2008, 07:22:19 PM »
Received yesterday from Amazon.ca

Najemikon

« Reply #626 on: July 31, 2008, 10:24:45 PM »

Both excellent. Especially Lives of Others.  :thumbup:

Touti

« Reply #627 on: July 31, 2008, 11:43:01 PM »

Both excellent. Especially Lives of Others.  :thumbup:

I bought them based on Amazon's recommendations, I'm glad you're confirming they're good movies.  I bought "Children of Men" because I thought even if the movie isn't good I'm still gonna like seeing Moore and Caine.  As for "The Lives of Others", I have yet to find a movie on that subject that I don't like.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 01, 2008, 10:01:54 AM »
I placed my monthly big order at Amazon today.... Thought I would grab a couple titles from my childhood... yup feeling a little nostalgic today. So I ordered...

The Adventures of Aquaman: The Complete Collection
When fiendish foes and marine menaces threaten the peaceful undersea world of the lost city of Atlantis, Aquaman, King of the Seven Seas, dives to the rescue! Aided by teen hero Aqualad and their aquatic frieds Tusky the walrus and sea horses Storm and Imp, these brave water warriors battle astonishing creatures like Volcanic Monster, Ice Dragon and Devil Fish. Using his superior strength, cunning wit and telepathic communications abilities, Aquaman faces evil villains like Black Manta and Vassa, Queen of the Mermen to fight for justice on the ocean floor. Plunge into this two-disc collector's edition featuring all 36 action-packed cartoons from the fatastic TV series in original airdate order!

This is one of the shows I used to watch on Saturday mornings when I was a kid. And I haven't seen a single episode since! So I am hoping it will hold up for me. Actually this series is a little before my time... but they used to show the reruns on Saturday mornings when I was a kid.

Are You Afraid of the Dark?: Freaky Favorites
With 6 specially selected half-hour episodes from the sixth season of 'Are You Afraid Of The Dark?', the members of the Midnight Society keep you on the edge of your seat with their chilling tales. Each night this unique and bold group of teens meets at a secret location in the woods. Attempting to outdo one another, the members of the Society take turns telling the scariest possible stories based, in part, on their real-life experiences. Join the Midnight Society as they deliver thrilling stories of dangerous magic, misleading games, and more!

This is a kid series in the order of Goosebumps that Brittany and I have watched together in the past. It is a 2-Disc set with a mere 6 episodes... seems to be pretty skimpy considering it is a 2-Disc set. But at least it is a cheap set.... making it worth it. I would like to eventually get the season sets... but unfortunately I would have to import them from Canada. Which is something I can't do at the moment.

Land of the Lost: Season 1
Free-fall through an open time portal...to a world where menacing dinosaurs roam free! Get reacquainted with Cha-Ka even if it means having to come to blows over a gigantic vegetable or two. Then stumble once again onto the ruins of Lost City. No matter which path of adventure you choose to follow-above all else: Beware of the Sleestak! For heeding that last little bit of advice alone should assure you survival in this anything-but-routine expedition with Marshall, Will, and Holly. Hang on, now! You'll soon be glad to have rediscovered the Land Of The Lost.

This is the other series from my childhood. Is one of the Sid & Marty Kroft kid series that was so popular back in the '70s. I remember this used to be one of my favorites when I was a kid... I hope it holds up a little for me anyway.

The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc
The year is 1429. France is in political and religious turmoil as members of the royal family battle for rule. But one peasant girl from a remote village gave her country the miracle it was waiting for. Milla Jovovich ('The Fifth Element', 'Dazed and Confused') is Joan of Arc, a young woman who would inspire and lead her countrymen until her execution at the age of nineteen. Raised in a religious family, Joan witnessed her sister's rape and death at the hands of an invading army. Years later, as the same war raged on, Joan stood before her king with a message she claimed came from God: give her an army, and in God's name she would reclaim his diminished kingdom.

But was the message real, or the delusion of a girl whose life had been shattered? This startling epic drama by Luc Besson ('The Fifth Element') explores the life of Joan of Arc, her amazing victories, relationship with God, and tragic death. Co-starring John Malkovich and Academy Award® winners Dustin Hoffman and Faye Dunaway, 'THE MESSENGER' is a modern take on a medieval saint who enthralls people even today.

I always liked the story of Joan of Arc. I was amazed when I discovered I didn't have any movies on Joan of Arc yet. So I decided to grab this one. It is a rather long movie... about 2 and a half hours... but I like Milla Jovovich who plays Joan.

This Month's Pre-Orders:

NCIS: Season 5
NCIS: The Fifth Season delivers more drama, surprises, wit and humor then ever before from the elite team of special agents that bravely battles spies, kidnappers, murderers and terrorists around the world. This season is marked by mysterious secrets among the cutting edge crew, an explosive showdown with an elusive arms dealer, and a shocking final episode that should not be missed. Starring Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, David McCallum, Sean Murray, Cote de Pablo, and Lauren Holly, this 5-disc set includes all 18 season 5 episodes, plus all-new behind-the-scenes special features.

This is one of my favorite current series. This is just from this past season... and I already can't wait to watch this set.

Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles: Season 1
The mother of all destiny. Her son, the future leader of mankind. Their protector, a Terminator from the future. Together they must take back the future as Sarah Connor (300's Lena Headey) prepares her son to fight the war against machines determined to annihilate the human race. The Clock is ticking. Can they stop Judgement Day?

This is a series I never seen before. But I decided to check it out for 3 reasons. 1. It is cheap 2. I liked the movies 3. My brother recommends it.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #629 on: August 01, 2008, 10:21:37 AM »
I liked the Terminator series too, Pete. The opening episode was fun, but had me concerned for a while because it was just repeating the first two films, again. Terminator sent back to kill; Terminator sent back to protect; run away; yawn... But just wait till they get to the bank vault! A really cool scene with a couple of new angles to take the story on.