Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 858033 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #510 on: June 05, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »
Didn't you just get the Dirty Harry boxset, Jimmy? Looked to be some cool stuff in there.
I've bought each of them individually. I think that the movies in the set are in a slimcase and for me this case model look cheap, so if I can have the movies in real case I prefer that (even if the total cost is a little bit more). Theres a lot of extra documentary for each films and a commentary on each one too (sadly not one by Eastwood).

Now I've too many movies that I must see, but this is the same for all of us  :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #511 on: June 05, 2008, 11:59:03 PM »
Received these today, from Amazon Marketplace:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 06, 2008, 02:56:32 AM »
I placed an order at Walmart.com with a giftcard I got today. I was actually able to stretch it far enough to get 2 movies from it... I ordered..

Prom Night
Four Hamilton High School seniors have been hiding the truth of what happened to ten-year-old Robin Hammond for six long years. But someone saw what they did and is preparing for revenge - a prom night killing spree. Hooded, masked, and wielding an axe, he'll stalk his prey in the dark, empty halls, striking when his victims are alone. And just as the spotlight falls upon the newly crowned king and queen, the killer will show everyone what his favorite game to play is...

This is a movie that I haven't seen in years! It has been so long in fact that I don't even really remember the movie. I just remember that it stars Jamie Lee Curtis and I remember that I did enjoy it.

The Sorority
A small college town is gripped in terror: Coeds are being found burned alive. A student discovers that the hottest sorority on campus is actually a coven of devil worshippers. Before she can alert the authorities, she is killed by the Satanic witches. At the student’s graveside her sister vows revenge. Hunter becomes hunted as she fights her way through a maze of Satanic rituals, murder, date rapists, beheadings, lesbianism and black magic in her quest for vengeance.

I know absolutely nothing about this movie. Just what the above write-up says. And the fact that I got it super cheap (under $3) so I figured it was worth taking a chance on.
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #513 on: June 06, 2008, 03:51:37 PM »
Sin City: Recut-Extended, R1Can.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 06, 2008, 05:44:01 PM »
Receive this morning from Eric

And from Caiman

Usually I don't buy anything release by Troma with some exceptions. I think that 99% of their productions are stupid, idiotic, juvenile and cheap (in fact they insult my intelligence) - Sorry if some of you are Troma Fans  :laugh:. I've bought this one because of the synopsis that make it looks like a great mockumentary and it's only distributed by Troma (they have nothing to do with its production)

Touti

« Reply #515 on: June 06, 2008, 06:09:01 PM »
Receive this morning from Eric

I hope the package got to you undamaged and that everything is to your satisfaction.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 06, 2008, 06:19:14 PM »
I hope the package got to you undamaged and that everything is to your satisfaction.
Everything is perfect (nothing broken). I will have to change one case because of the "Regie" sticker, I don't understand why they don't place it on the disc or in the case (don't worry it's not your fault if we have some stupid law :laugh:).
Have you receive my part of the deal?

Touti

« Reply #517 on: June 06, 2008, 06:21:52 PM »
Everything is perfect (nothing broken). I will have to change one case because of the "Regie" sticker, I don't understand why they don't place it on the disc or in the case (don't worry it's not your fault if we have some stupid law :laugh:).
Have you receive my part of the deal?

I didn't think of checking that, I would have change it myself, I always have a good supply of new keep cases.  Yes, I received your part of the deal ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 06, 2008, 08:50:05 PM »
Today in the mail I got the following from Amazon.com...
- Alien Nation: Ultimate Movie Collection
- All-Star Family Feud
- The Dead Zone: The Final Season
- Painkiller Jane (Complete Series)
- Sliders: Season 4
- Survivor: Season 1
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 08, 2008, 05:39:27 PM »

The Sorority
A small college town is gripped in terror: Coeds are being found burned alive. A student discovers that the hottest sorority on campus is actually a coven of devil worshippers. Before she can alert the authorities, she is killed by the Satanic witches. At the student’s graveside her sister vows revenge. Hunter becomes hunted as she fights her way through a maze of Satanic rituals, murder, date rapists, beheadings, lesbianism and black magic in her quest for vengeance.

I know absolutely nothing about this movie. Just what the above write-up says. And the fact that I got it super cheap (under $3) so I figured it was worth taking a chance on.

OMG... What did I get myself into. OK... this really didn't cost me anything since I got it with a free gift certificate... but I just found the trailer to this movie on youtube. And let me tell you... it looks like this movie gives new meaning to Low-Budget horror!

OK... who here is brave enough to watch the trailer?... and just how disappointed do you think I will I be? :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwNouBMDRDM
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #520 on: June 08, 2008, 05:54:25 PM »
OK... who here is brave enough to watch the trailer?... and just how disappointed do you think I will I be? :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwNouBMDRDM

Oh dear! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. That's about as bad as it can get, Pete! What a bargain... :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 08, 2008, 06:02:07 PM »
LOL... now the question is will I be brave enough to watch it when it gets here!   :-\
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 08, 2008, 06:26:04 PM »
Looks better than "The Curse of Lizzie Borden", but everything look better than that so it's not really a reference...

But I have an idea of what your review will looks like :

I've watch this movie with very low expectations after I've watched the trailer and... I was pleasently surprise by it... The special effects are well done (for a $700 movie) and the acting were not so bad and a lot of tv actors are in it : Deirdre Kristen Williams (Witch Hunters Extraordinaire), L. Michael Burt (The Shield), Lisa Harrison (Witch Hunters Extraordinaire), TaNeisha Bennett (The Young and the Restless) and Richard Peterson (The Shining). I recommand it only if you find it cheap (less than 1$) or if you need a 3$ filler to reach the free shipping amount at your favourite internet dvd seller.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 08, 2008, 06:32:57 PM »
LOL... I would be shocked to be able to give it THAT good of a review!  :laugh:
Pete

Touti

« Reply #524 on: June 09, 2008, 11:13:12 PM »
Received from Amazon.ca