Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 858153 times)

Touti

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #465 on: May 28, 2008, 09:28:53 PM »
Received today from Amazon.ca

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 10:19:56 PM by Eric »

Najemikon

« Reply #466 on: May 28, 2008, 11:15:22 PM »
I have Black Book too, but haven't got around to it yet. Hope you enjoy the Jesse James film as much as I did. I called it "The Jesse James" film because I thought typing "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" would be a pain in the arse. ;)

Touti

« Reply #467 on: May 29, 2008, 01:28:25 AM »
I'm looking forward to watching all 3 movies.

September Dawn was recommended by my mom, she really liked it and she said I'm gonna like it too.  Since it's a true story and she know how much I'm passionate for history she's probably right.

Black Book: That comes from an article that SailorRipley wrote a while ago about all the special releases he wanted to buy, he had black book in there and I know his tastes in movies are similar to mine (he surely wouldn't make me waste my money on british crap from the 70's like others did  :tomato:).  Again, being passionate by history and also a big fan of WWII related movies I'm surely gonna like that one too.

The Assassination of the shmuck by the coward schprountz: I like westerns, I like long movies with nice landscape view and regardless of the above comment which was a joke, if Jon liked it that much it must be a good movie so I'm sure I'll like it too.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 29, 2008, 01:52:32 PM »
Today I received:

Najemikon

« Reply #469 on: May 29, 2008, 08:57:58 PM »
The Assassination of the shmuck by the coward schprountz: I like westerns, I like long movies with nice landscape view and regardless of the above comment which was a joke, if Jon liked it that much it must be a good movie so I'm sure I'll like it too.

Well, thank you. Hope it lives up to my hype! :fingerchew:

Did Sailor get deleted the other day then? I often wonder if he peeps in and sees us reprobates still here and quietly sneaks away again! :laugh:

Achim, have you seen The Night of the Hunter? I love that film. One of Mitchum's best roles, that.

Touti

« Reply #470 on: May 29, 2008, 09:41:05 PM »
Ordered from All Multimedia Storage

33"x34"x8.75

Holds 142 DVD's.  I know, it's not that many but then it's almost 1/3 of my current collection.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 29, 2008, 09:47:01 PM »
Very nice Eric. :)
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #472 on: May 29, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »
Nice unit Eric! But ....

:redcard:

You've revived my interest in this:

RossRoy

« Reply #473 on: May 29, 2008, 09:53:37 PM »
Continuing even further my Uwe Boll obsession:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 04:48:10 AM by RossRoy »

Touti

« Reply #474 on: May 29, 2008, 09:55:34 PM »
Nice unit Eric! But ....

:redcard:

You've revived my interest in this:

:tease:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #475 on: May 29, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »

I hope you enjoy it!  :)

How can you stand to watch only a few episodes at a time with the waiting in-between?  :laugh:
Great series! I will buy it, when they release the boxset. Although the manga is IMO even better! The live-action movies are as far as I am concerned also great (probably the movies I enjoyed the most so far this year). But a lot of people who first the saw the anime don't seem to agree with me though :( . I like the ending even better in the second movie than the ending in the manga/anime.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 30, 2008, 06:48:01 AM »
Achim, have you seen The Night of the Hunter? I love that film. One of Mitchum's best roles, that.
Nope, never seen it before. It is a well known film that I have been looking at many times... Recently I listened to a podcast about movies where someone said it is one of the best films of one-time directors which reminded me of it. So I purchased it.

Will try to watch it soon.

I hope you enjoy it!  :)
You should, it's your recommendation that made me spend the money :laugh: Well, seriously, it was actually rather cheap so that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get this well-received anime.

How can you stand to watch only a few episodes at a time with the waiting in-between?  :laugh:
Well, as I said before, I stated with the movies... I know the series will ultimately go on beyond the movies' story (at least I thought to have read that), so I am definitily looking forward. So far I haven't started yet, as I am indeed worried to get too excited over it and then being stopped dead in the tracks and have to wait for the next disc.

:hmmmm: at the current release frequency it will take quite some time for them to release the entire series. Disc 5 is coming soon and I think it's going to be around 10(?) discs total. :weep:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #477 on: May 30, 2008, 01:19:17 PM »
I bought today

Déjà Vu
Shoot 'Em Up

7.99€ each
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 30, 2008, 06:12:53 PM »
:hmmmm: at the current release frequency it will take quite some time for them to release the entire series. Disc 5 is coming soon and I think it's going to be around 10(?) discs total. :weep:
As far as I have heard, it will be 9 discs. It's 36 episodes in total. BTW, tomorrow I will get the last manga volume  ;D

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 30, 2008, 06:21:31 PM »
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 06:52:43 PM by Tom »