Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 858116 times)

RossRoy

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #450 on: May 27, 2008, 06:42:52 AM »
I thought I might be when I saw it was ".co.uk", but I'd never heard of them and can't find the site! ???

Oops!  :bag:

There's no hyphen in the actual address. It's supposed to read: http://dvdsource.co.uk/

And yes, if you are still interested, I still have it. It's valid until June 26th
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 06:44:37 AM by RossRoy »

RossRoy

« Reply #451 on: May 27, 2008, 07:50:08 AM »
Oh boy! Got a little trigger happy tonight.

I was going to get only two ....

.... but these came out with me too ....

all from Futureshop. Most from the bin, some, not.

RossRoy

« Reply #452 on: May 27, 2008, 08:01:26 PM »
Received this morning, from Amazon Marketplace (three different sellers):

Najemikon

« Reply #453 on: May 27, 2008, 09:23:41 PM »
Oh boy! Got a little trigger happy tonight.

I was going to get only two ....

.... but these came out with me too ....

all from Futureshop. Most from the bin, some, not.

Excellent list! But how the hell did God-bloody-lizza get in there?  :tease:

But you made up for it with Darjeeling (I assume. Looking forward to seeing it), Big Lebowski, Ferris Bueller, Desperado and Ocean's 11. Big Lebowski and Ferris are amongst my all-time favourite comedies.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 27, 2008, 09:32:19 PM »
Received this morning, from Amazon Marketplace (three different sellers):

2 of them are good, "Backwoods" is the best of the three and even if I like his films I can't say nothing positive about "Alone in The Dark" who is one of the worst movie I've seen in my life.

If you are in a Uwe Boll trip try to get "Heart of America", this movie is not perfect but I've appreciated it.

RossRoy

« Reply #455 on: May 27, 2008, 09:48:18 PM »
Excellent list! But how the hell did God-bloody-lizza get in there?  :tease:

I don't even know how the second list of 10 titles came in my possession, much less how Godzilla ended up among them! :shrug:

I like big giant monster movies, so sue me! :P

But you made up for it with Darjeeling (I assume. Looking forward to seeing it)

I've liked everything I've seen so far by Wes Anderson. Granted though, it's only two movies: The Royal Tenenbaums and Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, but I figure it should be good!

I've wanted the Big Lebowski for a little while, but never got around to actually order/buy it. So when I saw it in one of the bins, it jumped in my hands. Same with Ferris Bueller, although I probably wouldn't have bothered if I hadn't seen a Top 50 Movie Cars on RottenTomatoes to remind me of it.

And there's a problem with Desperado. It escaped my mind that it is the second part of a trilogy. So I had to order the other two parts of it, of course.

Najemikon

« Reply #456 on: May 27, 2008, 09:52:24 PM »
That's a bugger. The Region 2 Desperado includes El Mariachi.

If you like big monsters, have you seen The Host? Marvellous!

EDIT: Call me mad, but are your avatar seems to change quite a lot... ???

RossRoy

« Reply #457 on: May 27, 2008, 09:52:32 PM »
even if I like his films I can't say nothing positive about "Alone in The Dark" who is one of the worst movie I've seen in my life.

Exactly why I ordered it. I keep hearing that by so many people, and I want to decide for myself.

Also, it was dirt cheap, and I like the game Alone in the Dark, for better or worse

If you are in a Uwe Boll trip try to get "Heart of America", this movie is not perfect but I've appreciated it.

Already on order  ;D

RossRoy

« Reply #458 on: May 27, 2008, 10:00:15 PM »
That's a bugger. The Region 2 Desperado includes El Mariachi.

No biggie. Found them not too expensive on Amazon.

If you like big monsters, have you seen The Host? Marvellous!

Have it. Haven't seen it. I'm actually contemplating a Four(maybe five) part marathon: The Host, Cloverfield, Godzilla, King Kong.

EDIT: Call me mad, but are your avatar seems to change quite a lot... ???

I wondered how long it would take for someone to comment on that. They are random now (though I should check the script, because I don't think it is all that random. I have 100+ images to choose from, and I keep seeing the same ones over and over).

RossRoy

« Reply #459 on: May 27, 2008, 10:01:59 PM »
Found the link again for the Top 50 Memorable Cars I mentioned above: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/speed_racer/news/1726473/

Touti

« Reply #460 on: May 28, 2008, 12:15:56 AM »
I wondered how long it would take for someone to comment on that. They are random now (though I should check the script, because I don't think it is all that random. I have 100+ images to choose from, and I keep seeing the same ones over and over).

I noticed but since you had that a while ago I didn't mention it.

RossRoy

« Reply #461 on: May 28, 2008, 12:19:50 AM »

I noticed but since you had that a while ago I didn't mention it.

Yeah, and this time I made the pictures the right size, so they don't get distorted.

Najemikon

« Reply #462 on: May 28, 2008, 12:27:25 AM »

I must say I'm quite fond of the selection so far... :drooling:

RossRoy

« Reply #463 on: May 28, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »
Continuing on the Uwe Boll theme, I received this today:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 28, 2008, 06:15:19 PM »
Receive this morning from Amazon

Read the books years ago, like it and want to see how is the tv adapdation of it.

With this one I became a member of the 1000 dvd club.

I'm not to sure of how to react...

Like this :

or like that :

My profile is not complete, but it countains more info than the one in the main database. I've include it with my post since this a title that certainly interest someone else than me.