Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 858140 times)

m.cellophane

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #405 on: May 08, 2008, 04:36:54 AM »
An incredible tale.

Today I went to future shop (also know locally as Future Chiotte) to pay a bill and I decided to take a look at the DVD shelves.........just out of curiousity with, obviously, no intention of buying anything because after all enough is enough and blah blah blah.

As I go through the aisles, lurking and moving toward the end of the last row something unbelievable happened. 

A BOX SET JUMPED IN MY HANDS   :o

I never saw it coming and I swear I tried everything short of committing suicide to get rid of it but nothing worked.  When I got to the cash and asked for help they said it happens sometimes and that there is nothing they can do about it except of course making you pay for it before you leave the store.

I'm so sorry.  :devil: I have the same affliction.  :whistle: Be careful because symptoms do appear in electronic shopping carts as well. I'm most vulnerable in the wee hours of the night just before bedtime. Then I wake up as if nothing had ever happened.  :stars: And then a couple of days later, packages get dumped on my doorstep.  :shrug:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 08, 2008, 06:34:09 AM »
I have experienced both symptoms before... I wonder if there are pills against it; well, not against really, just to take the edge of a little...

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 08, 2008, 01:37:05 PM »
As a medical professional I'm afraid I have some bad news...there is no pill, no cure for this disease. I'm sorry.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 08, 2008, 01:58:10 PM »
As a medical professional I'm afraid I have some bad news...there is no pill, no cure for this disease. I'm sorry.
:weep:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 09, 2008, 05:13:44 PM »
Receive this morning :

From Amazon.ca Marketplace

I know that it's not as good as the original one, but a couple of story are good in it (from what I can remember) and the price was really good (7 $CAN).

From Xploited cinema

I'm sure that you remember this cover  ;). Sure it's a big buying argument, but it's the first movie of Christina Lindberg and I love her and I'm sure I am not the only one. More there is an interview with her on the dvd and finally I've it more than a month before is official release  :P

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #410 on: May 09, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 09, 2008, 07:06:32 PM »
I believe I mentioned it, but others recommended it as well. Hope you'll like it.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 10, 2008, 01:51:00 AM »
Cheers was one of the TV series I use to watch when it was first televised - Thurs. nights if I'm not mistaken. I only watched it for a few years though.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 10, 2008, 09:42:36 AM »
I received these this week:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #414 on: May 10, 2008, 09:46:20 AM »
Cheers was one of the TV series I use to watch when it was first televised - Thurs. nights if I'm not mistaken. I only watched it for a few years though.

I always watched it, when it first aired here in Germany. In the mid 90s on weekdays about 1 o'clock in the morning  :laugh:
Most times I taped it though.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #415 on: May 11, 2008, 10:41:50 AM »
Rififi: Criterion Collection.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 12, 2008, 05:02:01 PM »
Another week starts and more dvd find their way to my home.

From Caiman :

No need to say that I like the film works of Radley Metzger or Henry Paris (it's the same person, but you already know that from my review). I want this one since a long time, but the price is very high (more than 30$)... Not that this have prevented me to buy in the past, but I've forgot it on my wishlist. Rebecca Brooke is in it and I like her performance in "Abigail Lesley Is Back in Town" and "Laura's toys".

lovemunkey187

« Reply #417 on: May 13, 2008, 01:02:20 PM »
Today's evilbay win is: Clue.

From Xploited cinema

I'm sure that you remember this cover  ;). Sure it's a big buying argument, but it's the first movie of Christina Lindberg and I love her and I'm sure I am not the only one. More there is an interview with her on the dvd and finally I've it more than a month before is official release  :P

How many of Christina Lindberg's other film are available on silver discs of goodness?

The only other one I'm aware of is Thriller: A Cruel Picture(any recommendations where to get this from?)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 13, 2008, 02:39:27 PM »
How many of Christina Lindberg's other film are available on silver discs of goodness?

The only other one I'm aware of is Thriller: A Cruel Picture(any recommendations where to get this from?)

This is the one that I'm sure :

Maid in Sweden (1971) - Release by Impulse Pictures (zonefree)
Exposed (1971) - Release by Revelation Films (Z2) and rumour of a zone 1 release by Synapse this year
Swedish Wildcats (1972) - Release by Retro Seduction Cinema
Schoolgirl Report Part 4 (1972) - To be release this year by Impulse Pictures
Anita (1973) - Release by Impulse pictures (zonefree) or Revelation Films (Z2)
Sex and Fury (1973) - Release by Panik House (Z1)
What Schoolgirls Don't Tell (1973) - To be release by Impulse Pictures
Thriller: A Cruel Picture (1974) - Release by Synapse (2 version)

There are probably some others release available in Europe or Asia that I don't know of. The one that I've came from Amazon or Xploited Cinema (but I know there are some problem with the UK and Xploited package). The 2 Schoolgirls movies are available on another label but I don't recommand them at all (Jeff Films sub-label, bordeline company who doesn't own the right of everything she sells). A particulary good one is "Sex and Fury" a Japanese movie with Reiko Ike.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 02:48:18 PM by AESP_pres »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 13, 2008, 03:48:14 PM »

Thriller: A Cruel Picture (1974) - Release by Synapse (2 version)

"Thriller" should be more or less easily available through online retailers. I bought mine at DVD Empire and I just found that Amazon has it as well. As Jimmy said, there are two versions. The red one is completely uncut (which means you can expect a few shots which you normally only see in adult films) and the yellow one has the before mentioned shots removed (I believe the violence is still there...).

I own the red one, but I dare to say that the yellow one is making the point just as strongly; yet, it is cut...