Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 858026 times)

RossRoy

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #330 on: April 19, 2008, 05:31:03 PM »
Now, why is it season 1 was dropped to £15 all that time ago and has held that reasonable price, while other stuff I'm waiting for just will not budge from mortgage-baiting rip-offs? Prison Break, for instance. :shrug:

I thought the same thing about X-Files.. The prices were crazy! And then, finally, last year I think, Deep Discount had them at a lower price (19.99$/season), and on top of that, they had a 2 for 1 sale.

Me was happy very!  ;D

Najemikon

« Reply #331 on: April 19, 2008, 06:42:38 PM »
24 dropped to a reasonable price across all the seasons, but what makes Prison Break and a few more annoying is that they split the sets! I really hate that. Who wants to buy a "Season 1: Part 1"? So I have seen special offers on those, but the complete series version is ignored. :voodoo:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 19, 2008, 08:33:24 PM »
I thought the same thing about X-Files.. The prices were crazy! And then, finally, last year I think, Deep Discount had them at a lower price (19.99$/season), and on top of that, they had a 2 for 1 sale.

Me was happy very!  ;D
I've bought the first 6 first seasons for the big price at Future Shop = more than 150$ + the 2 taxes. That's why I wait now before buying any tv stuff if the price is over 40$.

But I don't like that the last 3 seasons doesn't fit with the previous ones  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 20, 2008, 06:14:07 AM »
Another anime recommendation I made before and maybe is even a better start to get into anime is the great Azumanga Daioh series.
I'll place this on my Wish List. It's just too expensive for the moment ($50 at DVD Empire compared to $16 for Midori at DeepDiscount; my next order will be at the latter and they don't have it right now). It does look interesting as well.

The sad thing is. really, that Anime is really quite easy to find here in Taiwan, but it's almost always without English subs and often dubbed to Chinese.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #334 on: April 21, 2008, 07:34:27 PM »
  • The Holiday ($13.2)

Never seen it. Bought it because I like RomComs, Kate Winslet and Jack Black.
  • Taxi Driver ($13.2)

Never seen it. But of what I heard so far this seems to be a must-have.
  • Nana ($15.66)

This one I encountered in my research of well-done manga to live action adaptions (after seeing the surprisingly good Death Note movies). But this one was the only such movie I found that seems to be a well-received adaption. Therefore I bought it on a blind buy even though I do not know the manga (but what I have read so far this movie seems to be interesting).

Najemikon

« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2008, 10:02:27 PM »
Taxi Driver... :bow:

That and Raging Bull are Scorcese's masterpieces. Excellent choice!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 22, 2008, 05:01:16 PM »
I did me some ordering..

I placed my very first order through Amazon Marketplace... so I am a bit nervous about that... but I ordered...

Mirror Mirror Collection
It began as a shocking reflection of inner demons and relentless evil. It would soon become one of the most unique horror film series of the past decade. MIRROR, MIRROR on the wall, which four disc set collects them all?

Which includes..

MIRROR MIRROR
A shy teenager ('Rainbow Harvest') moves to a new town and quickly becomes the most unpopular girl in high school. But when she discovers a mysterious mirror, her tormentors begin to meet with a horrifying series of 'accidents'. 'Karen Black', 'Charlie Spradling', 'William Sanderson' and 'Ricky Paull Goldin' co-star in this surprising hit chiller that started it all.

MIRROR MIRROR 2: Raven Dance
The legacy of evil continues as the mirror unleashes its hellish power in a deadly church orphanage. Can 'Tracy Wells', 'Mark Ruffalo', 'Sally Kellerman', 'Veronica Cartwright' and 'Roddy McDowell' all survive this shocker of a sequel?

MIRROR MIRROR 3: The Voyeur
The Mirror returns as ‘Billy Drago’, ‘Monique Parent’ and ‘David Naughton’ are trapped in a triangle of erotic splendor, forbidden desire and supernatural murder. ‘Elizabeth Baldwin’ co-stars in this sensuous chiller that takes the series to new heights of horror.

MIRROR MIRROR 4: Reflections
As a storm rages, five desperate people are caught in the mirror's power to reveal lost souls, broken dreams, second chances and some very strange sexual vengeance. ‘Kim Mai Guest’, ‘PJ Soles’ and ‘Billy Drago’ co-star in the provocative series climax that is available only in this collection.

Then I placed a few pre-orders for June-July...

Birds of Prey: The Complete Series
Who will stand up to villains now that a heartbroken Dark Knight has mysteriously vanished? Never fear, New Gothamites, a trio of champions is ready to take wing - and Helena, the daughter of Batman and Catwoman, is among them. She calls herself Huntress and crime is her prey. Teenaged Dinah is the youngest of the group, learning as she goes and gifted in clairvoyance. And overseeing the awesome threesome's high-tech nerve center is Batgirl. Left wheelchair-bound by The Joker, she has reinvented herself as Oracle, the team’s cyber expert. Huntress, Dinah, Oracle: They are the Birds of Prey. Fighting together. Living together. And soaring into adventure together in 13 breathtaking live-action episodes.

The Dukes of Hazzard: Two Movie Collection
What's more fun than 10 in the tank and four on the floor? Tom Wopat, John Schneider, Catherine Bach and more of your Dukes of Hazzard favorites together again!

In Reunion!, folks come home to Hazzard and discover a plot to turn Hazzard Swamp into a theme park...leaving the swamp critters high and dry. Before you can say wait a durn minute, the cousins are back in the General Lee, tearing up the roads to stop the nefarious scheme.

Then they head west for Hazzard in Hollywood and a big-time recording deal. It turns out the deal includes a Russian mobster, a sultry songstress from the 'hood, and a beautiful blonde vice'mayor with the hots for Enos.

Double the Dukes - double the down home fun!

Witchblade: The Complete Series
In this adaptation of the Top Cow comic book, Witchblade is the story of a New York detective, Sara "Pez" Pezzini, whose search for justice brings her into contact with the Witchblade, an ancient, intelligent, living weapon so powerful it can battle Earth's darkest evil forces. Week in and week out, "Pez" employs her skills as a police detective to fight crime. She finds she must employ the Witchblade to combat a much greater and frighteningly organized conspiracy of evil that threatens the very soul of humanity. As Sara tries to keep the secret of the Witchblade, do her job and have a personal life, she finds that her most formidable adversary may be the Witchblade itself.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #337 on: April 22, 2008, 05:43:45 PM »
I placed my very first order through Amazon Marketplace... so I am a bit nervous about that... but I ordered...

May not mean much, but I've never been disappointed through Amazon Marketplace so far.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 22, 2008, 06:44:15 PM »
I did me some ordering..

2 comments :

Don't worry about Amazon Marketplace, I order a lot of dvd from sellers there and I never had a real problem. The only problems was a sticker on a cover (ex-rental dvd) and one time the wrong edition of Incubus, none of this was really problematic enough to complain but now I only buy new one and not used. Sometimes the delivery is long, but the majority of the sellers are from the US so I don't think that it will be a problem for you.

Were You not suppose to buy any dvd untill your birthday?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 22, 2008, 06:53:22 PM »
Receive this morning from Caiman

Since I am always searching for profound and intellectual movies to add in my collection I've made an order for 3 movies to challenge the mind of the viewer with complex story and Oscar worthy performance.

Who I am kidding  :laugh: this is 3 erotics movie with a lot of lesbian imagery with decent history, acting and directed by the only 2 good directors from Retro Seduction.

* As always the DVDP profile (for those who was there) was full of error (wrong cast, overview, running time, ...), but who care this is just exploitation pictures. This is so more important to debate about the use of the french accent and the name order  :-\
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 06:57:58 PM by AESP_pres »

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 22, 2008, 07:03:52 PM »

Since I am always searching for profound and intellectual movies to add in my collection I've made an order for 3 movies to challenge the mind of the viewer with complex story and Oscar worthy performance.

Who I am kidding  :laugh: this is 3 erotics

Who says erotics aren't profound and intellectual?!?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 22, 2008, 07:10:14 PM »
I did me some ordering..

2 comments :

Don't worry about Amazon Marketplace, I order a lot of dvd from sellers there and I never had a real problem. The only problems was a sticker on a cover (ex-rental dvd) and one time the wrong edition of Incubus, none of this was really problematic enough to complain but now I only buy new one and not used. Sometimes the delivery is long, but the majority of the sellers are from the US so I don't think that it will be a problem for you.

Thanks guys... my worries are not nearly as bad. It looks like I got an awesome seller for my first time.  First of all... I did buy New... so I shouldn't have to worry about the condition at all. Next the seller not only emailed me right away (Like an hour later) stating that my order was shipped... but he even provided a Confirmation/Tracking number for USPS. So far an awesome experience!

Were You not suppose to buy any dvd untill your birthday?

Uh... well... yeah... but... uh... Well in my defense the majority of what I ordered is pre-orders... so not like they could buy them for me. And the one that is through the marketplace seems to be OOP... as I can't find it anywhere else!

OK... OK... I admit it... I am weak!  Stop grilling me already!  :surrender:

Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #342 on: April 22, 2008, 07:54:07 PM »
OK... OK... I admit it... I am weak!  Stop grilling me already!  :surrender:

:redcard: tut, tut! Me? I went a whole month without placing a single order. How's that for willpower?  :laugh: :tease:

Touti

« Reply #343 on: April 22, 2008, 07:59:06 PM »
Me? I went a whole month without placing a single order. How's that for willpower?  :laugh: :tease:

I'll grant you the "Willpower" part but........what was the point ?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 22, 2008, 08:17:37 PM »
Me? I went a whole month without placing a single order. How's that for willpower?  :laugh: :tease:

I'll grant you the "Willpower" part but........what was the point ?

LOL... good question!  ;D
Pete