Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 858125 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #285 on: April 10, 2008, 09:19:02 PM »
There's an excellent Hammer 21 disc boxset, you know.
I've already seen it on Amazon and I've placed it in my wishlist. But the problem is the price £54.97 who equals 110.33 $CAN and it's a lot over our limit for no taxes. It means that to import it I've to pay this amount (in today exchange rate):

Cost :    110,33$
Shipping :  6,18$
Adm. cost : 5,00$
Federal Taxes (6%) : 6,62$
Provincial Taxes : 9,36$

Total price : 137,49$

Yes the set seems to be a good mix of movies for what I understand from the review. But, to costly for me right now  :weep:

Edit : Imagine now that the package is lost or steal  :hmmmm:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 09:32:24 PM by AESP_pres »

Touti

« Reply #286 on: April 11, 2008, 12:01:12 AM »
After work today I went to my favorite local store and picked up a bunch of dvd's.  All blind buys.

I also bought "The departed" but I didn't pay enough attention and mistakenly picked the Fool Screen version so it's gonna end up in my mom's collection who doesn't have a widescreen tv yet.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 11, 2008, 12:21:40 AM »
I really hope that you know that it's the third remake of this film  :laugh:

1956, 1978 and 1993 respectivelly. The best one is the 1978 remake, the original one is good too. But the 1993 version is really weak

Touti

« Reply #288 on: April 11, 2008, 12:30:07 AM »
I really hope that you know that it's the third remake of this film  :laugh:

1956, 1978 and 1993 respectivelly. The best one is the 1978 remake, the original one is good too. But the 1993 version is really weak

No I didn't.  I didn't read the entire overview so I didn't see that it was a remake of "The Body Snatchers" about which I didn't know there was already 2 remakes which makes it a total of 4 that I have never seen  :bag:

Najemikon

« Reply #289 on: April 11, 2008, 12:33:45 AM »
Can't you just return The Departed? Otherwise, I hope you enjoy In The Heat of the Night. Absolutely wonderful.

Touti

« Reply #290 on: April 11, 2008, 01:01:20 AM »
Can't you just return The Departed? Otherwise, I hope you enjoy In The Heat of the Night. Absolutely wonderful.

I could return it but when I make that mistake I always give them to my mom.  When it becomes expensive enough maybe I'll learn to be careful.

It was a mistake of me to say they were all blind buys, "In the Heat of the Night" was not, I've seen once when I was a boy and again on tv maybe 10 years ago.

I agree that it's a wonderful movie, nothing to do with the british stuff like that "Get Carter" thing that you made me watch :hysterical:

Najemikon

« Reply #291 on: April 11, 2008, 01:18:04 AM »
 ??? :redcard:

:laugh: "made you watch"! Watched The Long Good Friday? That should be The Long Very Bloody Brilliant Not Just Good Friday...  :devil:

Touti

« Reply #292 on: April 11, 2008, 01:24:05 AM »

:laugh: "made you watch"! Watched The Long Good Friday? That should be The Long Very Bloody Brilliant Not Just Good Friday...  :devil:

Haven't watched it yet, been too busy lately.  Tonight I'm gonna try watching hockey for the first time since the Canadien vs Nordiques rivalry.  I'm gonna watch "The Long Good Friday" tomorrow or saturday night.  I promise to keep and open mind and write an objective report.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 11, 2008, 01:39:08 AM »
Haven't watched it yet, been too busy lately.  Tonight I'm gonna try watching hockey for the first time since the Canadien vs Nordiques rivalry.
So we try the same thing tonight  :laugh:
But, I don't think that I will listen the game for too long. I'm can't get interested to the Canadien, I've hate them too much.

I miss the good old time  :(

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 11, 2008, 06:54:21 AM »

Najemikon

« Reply #295 on: April 11, 2008, 09:46:10 AM »
I've seen it as cheap as £32.
:o

According to www.find-dvd.co.uk, the current cheapest is www.dvd.co.uk, and their only £34.95... :thumbup:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 11, 2008, 04:50:32 PM »
I know that I was not suppose to get anything else this week, but the US mail break a record and I receive this one this morning (I wasn't expect to have it till the end of next week).

From Xploited Cinema

This one was on my wishling since a long time, so finally I've ordered it last weekend. I have buy too much mainstream movies recently and I need my fix of weird stuff. I think that I will like this series : the warning is sure pasted everywhere on the box  :laugh:

This is the first time that I've hesitated to make a "What'ya got?" post, because of the dvd genre. But, finally I've said to myself : What the hell we are all adult here and nobody will judge you  :whistle:

I love this seller even if my package worth more than 50 $us, the value on the declaration is only marked at 12,50$

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 12, 2008, 10:06:39 AM »
I have buy too much mainstream movies recently [...]
Yeah, I was wondering what's going on :laugh:

I myself picked these up from a friend, who had bought these for me in Hong Kong in February:

Yep, that is two recommendations I followed right from this board. Ebola Syndrome as recommended by Jimmy and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time as recommended by Tom. I'll post my thoughts in the related threads; "The Girl..." will be watched soon, not sure yet if "Ebola..." fits in this month's marathon.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 10:09:45 AM by ya_shin »

Touti

« Reply #298 on: April 12, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »

Haven't watched it yet, been too busy lately.  Tonight I'm gonna try watching hockey for the first time since the Canadien vs Nordiques rivalry.  I'm gonna watch "The Long Good Friday" tomorrow or saturday night.  I promise to keep and open mind and write an objective report.

Don't ask me what I was thinking when I wrote this but I can't watch the movie this week-end because

(click to show/hide)

Najemikon

« Reply #299 on: April 12, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »
 :hysterical: :whistle: