Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 858238 times)

lovemunkey187

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2008, 01:51:56 PM »
Both R2 UK & £5.00 each  ;D
In Hell
Hot Fuzz

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 29, 2008, 10:19:35 PM »
Some of the title in my previous message were cancel (I've edited it if you want to look what remain of them). So to make a long story short, I have place an order this morning to replace the cancel ones.

Find those 3 somewhere else 

And order this one, because I'm almost sure that this is the film that I've been searching for a long time.

My "Confession of ... Boxset" was mail this morning too. I can't wait to watch those 4 movies  :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2008, 02:06:27 PM »
Woohoo! First I got paid early this month... then I found some TV on DVD on a couple different sales between Deep Discount and Amazon... so I ordered...

Scrubs: Season 2 - $19.99
Make an appointment with 'Scrubs'. Nominated for two Emmy® Awards in its second year, the hilarious sitcom is "irreverent and wildly inventive," raves 'TV Guide'.

Will J.D. get together with Elliot, and will Carla finally accept Turk's wedding proposal? The wacky staff of Sacred Heart Hospital is back, and they've brought along some guest stars (Heather Locklear, Tom Cavanagh and John Ritter) for a booster shot of laughs.

Enjoy all 22 episodes of 'Scrubs' sensational second season - with the original, unedited music. Overflowing with great bonus features, including a one on one with John C. McGinley, outtakes and deleted scenes, this spectacular DVD box set offers the best kind of contagious comedy.

A while back ago I blind bought season 1 of this show... and really enjoyed it quite a bit... so finally getting around to getting the second season.

Earthsea - $8.49
In the magical world of Earthsea, the Amulet of Peace has ensured harmony between humans and dragons for centuries,. But when the Amulet is broken and a piece of it disappears, it's up to a neophyte wizard to restore balance and stop a nefarious king from conquering Earthsea's islands.

This is a miniseries that aired a while back... I wanted to check out at the time but missed it. So finally getting a chance to check it out. Kristin Kruek (Lana Lang on Smallville) is in it.

Dexter: Season 1 - $19.99
Led by an amazing performance by Emmy®-nominated actor Michael C. Hall ('Six Feet Under'), 'Dexter' is one of the most critically acclaimed, must-see television shows of the year! Like no other crime drama you've seen before, this horrifying and intoxicating DVD includes all 12 riveting Season One episodes and a host of delightfully twisted special features.

This is a total blind buy... but one I have heard a lot of good things about... not to mention one my brother has been suggesting to me for a while now.

Return to the Planet of the Apes: The Complete Animated Series - $10.49
From the Oscar® -winning creators of "The Pink Panther" come this high-concept '70s cartoon that returns you to the heart of mankind's greatest adventure! Populated by familiar characters from 'Planet of the Apes' films and TV series - including Cornelius, Zira and General Urko - this classic animated series pits humans against a world of apes who are more advanced than ever!
Three astronauts - Bill Hudson, Jeff Allen and Judy Franklin - find themselves stranded in a future where apes drive cars, fly planes... and wage an epic war on their primitive human neighbors. Attempting to keep one step ahead of the apes and protect the other humans, the astronauts search for the reason their world went so awry, hoping one day to find their way back.

This is a series I use to watch when I was just a kid... but I haven't seen any of these episodes since. It will definitely be like watching it for the first time...again. If I am not mistaken... this gives me every incarnation of The Planet of the Apes that there is. I have all the movies... The Remake of the first movie... and the live action TV Series now. Am I missing anything?

30 Days of Night - $17.99
Josh Harnett (The Black Dahlia, Pearl Harbor) crosses over to the dark side in this bone-chilling adaptation of the cult-hit graphic novel, brought to the screen in all its demonic glory. In a small Alaskan town, thirty days of night is a natural phenomenon. Very few outsiders visit, until a band of bloodthirsty, deathly pale vampires mark their arrival by savagely attacking sled dogs. But soon they find there are much more satisfying thirst-quenchers about: human beings. One by one, the townspeople succumb to a living nightmare, but a small group survives -- at least for now. The vampires use the dark to their advantage, and surviving this cold hell is a game of cat and mouse... and screams.

I been wanting to see this movie since it was first announced! I love vampire movies... and always thought the idea of one taking place in Alaska would be awesome due to the "30 Days of Night".

Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.: the Complete Series - $24.99
The world's favorite western/sci-fi/comedy/action cult hit rides again! Here on 8 discs is the complete series about Brisco (Bruce Campbell), a tough-as-rawhide cowpoke, debonair ladies' man and Harvard-educated smarty-britches who roams from Frisco to Jalisco in pursuit of outlaws who killed his father...and in search of a mysterious orb possessing out-of-this world powers. Hot lead and cool anachronisms await Brisco as he and his sidekicks - including Comet, the intellectual equine who doesn't know he's a horse - fight for justice in the way, way, way-out West. Put your boots in your stirrups, your tongue in your cheek and join the fun. Let's play cowboys and aliens.

Another series I always meant to check out... but never got around to it. Not even a single episode. I am a fan of Bruce Campbell... so looking forward to it.

The Comeback: The Complete Series - $14.76
For fallen star Valerie Cherish - former B-list sitcom actress desperate to revive her career - no proce is too high to pay for clinging to the television spotlight. Valerie agrees to be the subject of an intrusive reality television show, with cameras following her every move as she lands the part of "Aunt Sassy" in a tedious new sitcom, 'Room and Bored'.

Lisa Kudrow stars in this uncomfortably funny and insightfully biting comedy series from writer Michael Patrick King ('Sex and the City').
In the spirit of reality television, there seems to be no end to the humiliating circumstances Valerie Cherish will endure, all in the name of fame.

I watched this series when it originally aired... and thought it was pretty good... but never bothered to get it. Now that it is on sale so cheap (just under $15) I figured it time to add it to my collection.

Invasion: The Complete Series - $14.76
Hurricane Eve slams into Homestead, Florida. Its tragic aftermath is what you'd expect: destroyed homes, downed power lines, uprooted lives. And what you wouldn't expect: townspeople eerily and profoundly transformed into... something different. Frighteningly different. And possibly extraterrestrial.

Follow every twist, turn and shocking revelation of this suspenseful series from the mind of Shaun Cassidy as two blended Homestead families, the Varons and the Underlays, uncover the truth about themselves and their town. Their families are just like ours -- loving parents, kids who need guidance, and of course, one black sheep. In this case it's Dave, an amiable out-of-work blogger who sees a conspiracy behind every event and alien behind every conspiracy. 'Only this time he may be right!'

Another one I thought I would add to my collection since it is on sale so cheap... I have seen a few episodes of it... but stopped after that. Not because it was a bad show... just because there was other shows on at the same time I wanted to watch more.

Stacked: The Complete Series - $14.98
You can't judge a bookstore by its covergirl, especially when she happens to be Pamela Anderson! Anderson stars as drop-dead sexy Skyler Dayton, a reformed party girl in need of a lifestyle makeover, who takes a job at a family-run bookstore called "Stacked Books." Determined to prove she has ample talent beyond her ample talents, Skyler dazzles the employees and customers with her sweet-natured charm and refreshing honesty. This hip, hilarious comedy also features guest appearances by super-hotties Carmen Electra and Jenny McCarthy and includes 5 unaired episodes that can finally be revealed. You'll bust out laughing!

This is another one that is a complete blind buy... but I have heard it is a funny show... so thought I would check it out.

Prison Break: Season 1 - $21.88
Most men would do anything to get out of Fox River Penitentiary, but Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller) will do anything to get in. His brother Lincoln (Dominic Purcell) has been sentenced to die for a crime he did not commit, and the only way to save him is from the inside out.

Armed with prison blueprints and an impossibly intricate escape plan, Michael gets himself incarcerated, and the race against time is on. Now, he'll need all of the cunning, daring, and luck he can muster...along with the assistance of some of the prison's most vile and dangerous felons.

Once again... this is a show I never seen a single episode of... but heard a lot of good things about it. So thought I would grab it while it is on sale so I can check it out.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »
  • Mr. Bean's Holiday

I like Rowan Atkinson and Bean, but I have never seen this movie. Hopefully it is not just rehashing gags from the series like the first movie did.
  • Night at the Museum

Saw this at the cinema and I enjoyed it.

Number of titles bought this yearRemaining Budget
26 $1741.53

Najemikon

« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2008, 06:07:53 PM »
Hey Pete, you mentioned vampire movies again -I know how you like blood-suckers!- and it reminded me, have you seen Moonlight? I saw it advertised the other day while watching Terminator: SCC and wondered what it was like. I think one of the UK channels will be showing it soon.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2008, 07:33:54 PM »
I liked Moonlight a lot... it is different then most vampire shows... but it is cool. Actually if you ever seen it... it is similar to the series Forever Knight. Of course they change some things... like the vampires always sleep in freezers... they need the cold. Also... if you ever watched Veronica Mars... it has the guy that played Logan in it as well.

Over-all I would say it is definitely worth the watch. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2008, 02:42:18 AM »
This evening I went to Walmart with my sister-in-law... I wanted to go ahead and get Brittany's Easter taken care of. Of course while there I just had to stop by the DVD Section. But I was good... I only got 1 movie! :)

I got...

An American Haunting: Unrated Edition
Based on the true story of The Bell Witch of Tennessee, 'An American Haunting' is the story of a spirit who brutally attacked the Bell family causing the death of one of its members. Years later, we are taken back to the most horrific of nights to find out the truth of the spirit's nature and origin...the night it was born.

This is a movie I watched several months ago on one of the On-Demand channels we have. And I really enjoyed every second of it. When I spotted this at Walmart for only $7.50 I just had to grab it! I really liked Donald Sutherland in this movie... he did a wonderful job as always. I can't wait to watch this one again... on DVD... and check out the nice selection of extras listed.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2008, 03:15:01 AM »

This is one of the first film that I've reviewed here. I have the French Canadian release (14A) so I don't know if it is the same version than the unrated US, but my copy run for 1h33. The only that like less is the end, but maybe it's clearer in the unrated version.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2008, 12:19:57 PM »

Dexter: Season 1 - $19.99
Led by an amazing performance by Emmy®-nominated actor Michael C. Hall ('Six Feet Under'), 'Dexter' is one of the most critically acclaimed, must-see television shows of the year! Like no other crime drama you've seen before, this horrifying and intoxicating DVD includes all 12 riveting Season One episodes and a host of delightfully twisted special features.

This is a total blind buy... but one I have heard a lot of good things about... not to mention one my brother has been suggesting to me for a while now.
You're in for a treat with this one  :clap:

Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.: the Complete Series - $24.99
The world's favorite western/sci-fi/comedy/action cult hit rides again! Here on 8 discs is the complete series about Brisco (Bruce Campbell), a tough-as-rawhide cowpoke, debonair ladies' man and Harvard-educated smarty-britches who roams from Frisco to Jalisco in pursuit of outlaws who killed his father...and in search of a mysterious orb possessing out-of-this world powers. Hot lead and cool anachronisms await Brisco as he and his sidekicks - including Comet, the intellectual equine who doesn't know he's a horse - fight for justice in the way, way, way-out West. Put your boots in your stirrups, your tongue in your cheek and join the fun. Let's play cowboys and aliens.

Another series I always meant to check out... but never got around to it. Not even a single episode. I am a fan of Bruce Campbell... so looking forward to it.
Vaguely remember hearing of this, but this synopsis is the most I've read about it.
Very curious as to what it's like. :hmmmm:

Invasion: The Complete Series - $14.76
Hurricane Eve slams into Homestead, Florida. Its tragic aftermath is what you'd expect: destroyed homes, downed power lines, uprooted lives. And what you wouldn't expect: townspeople eerily and profoundly transformed into... something different. Frighteningly different. And possibly extraterrestrial.

Follow every twist, turn and shocking revelation of this suspenseful series from the mind of Shaun Cassidy as two blended Homestead families, the Varons and the Underlays, uncover the truth about themselves and their town. Their families are just like ours -- loving parents, kids who need guidance, and of course, one black sheep. In this case it's Dave, an amiable out-of-work blogger who sees a conspiracy behind every event and alien behind every conspiracy. 'Only this time he may be right!'

Another one I thought I would add to my collection since it is on sale so cheap... I have seen a few episodes of it... but stopped after that. Not because it was a bad show... just because there was other shows on at the same time I wanted to watch more.
Another good aquatic scfi/mystery/drama (the other being Surface) with a lot of potential cut short.
A couple of the episodes are a little slow, but still worth sticking with.  :training:

Prison Break: Season 1 - $21.88
Most men would do anything to get out of Fox River Penitentiary, but Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller) will do anything to get in. His brother Lincoln (Dominic Purcell) has been sentenced to die for a crime he did not commit, and the only way to save him is from the inside out.

Armed with prison blueprints and an impossibly intricate escape plan, Michael gets himself incarcerated, and the race against time is on. Now, he'll need all of the cunning, daring, and luck he can muster...along with the assistance of some of the prison's most vile and dangerous felons.

Once again... this is a show I never seen a single episode of... but heard a lot of good things about it. So thought I would grab it while it is on sale so I can check it out.
Very clever series, with an awful lot of cliffhangers and tense situations.  :-X

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2008, 06:11:08 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts... as I said... most of the stuff I bought this time were blind buys of stuff I was wanting to check out. And thought I would take the plunge since they were all on such a good sale. 

"Dexter" I am looking forward to... but after all I read about it I am afraid of going into it expecting too much.

"Adventures of Brisco County, Jr." retails for $99.99... regularly sells for $69.99.. and I got it for only $24.99... I think that is the best deal I got on something in a long time!  :thumbup:

"Invasion"... I saw a few episodes of... and it looked pretty good but ended up watching something else when it aired.. but looking forward to seeing the entire series now. A little concerned with it being compared to "Surface"... as I blind bought that one a while back... and watched 1 disc and wasn't too impressed. Though I really do need to give it another chance.

"Prison Break"... like "Dexter"... I heard so much good stuff about it I am a bit concerned with expecting too much and being let down by it a little.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2008, 08:51:23 PM »
Wow!... I am shocked... The titles I ordered from Amazon just arrived! And they just shipped yesterday! The email gives an estimated arrival date of March 7th. I can't believe these got to me in only one day... especially since I did not pay any extra on shipping... just standard shipping. Anyway today I got my copies of...

- 30 Days of Night (I will be watching this one soon for sure!)
- Dexter: Season 1
- Earthsea
- Return to the Planet of the Apes: Complete Series
- Scrubs: Season 2

I am still waiting for a shipment confirmation on the other half of my order.
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2008, 12:35:48 PM »
"Adventures of Brisco County, Jr." retails for $99.99... regularly sells for $69.99.. and I got it for only $24.99... I think that is the best deal I got on something in a long time!  :thumbup:

"Invasion"... I saw a few episodes of... and it looked pretty good but ended up watching something else when it aired.. but looking forward to seeing the entire series now. A little concerned with it being compared to "Surface"... as I blind bought that one a while back... and watched 1 disc and wasn't too impressed. Though I really do need to give it another chance.

Was AoBCjr from Deep Discount?

I quite enjoyed Surface(Yes, I am one of the few  :P), but give it another shot and stick with it, it may surprise you.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2008, 01:42:39 PM »
yeah... Brisco County, Jr. was from the Deep Discount sale... something like 75% off.

I will definitely give Surface another shot... but may take me a bit to get to it. Got some stuff I want to watch first... and life is hectic at the moment.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2008, 06:46:32 PM »
I went a little DVD-crazy again ... :heat:
These have not arrived yet, and some may arrive only in May (1 preorder combined with other stuff to save shipping) but I'll post them now anyway. And there's some "RossRoy pictures" for you Kathy ;)

From Cinemaclock.com:

And from RightStuf.com:

And for good measure, from Amazon.ca or Futureshop.com:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 06:28:29 PM by RossRoy »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2008, 06:51:19 PM »

Saw this a while back on TV. I could have sworn that it ended with her coming into the classroom as a 13 year-old (or the age he was).

Must have been another movie.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools