Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855047 times)

samuelrichardscott

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #6225 on: April 03, 2012, 11:20:15 PM »
I've found that I'm contributing more and more, mainly birthyears as I come across them locally, scans and a lot of headshots to the headshot database. The things that annoy me are things like I mention here:
http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?task=viewtopic&topicID=591820

The person had literally added a wealth of correct info and got a slew of no votes over a damn space. Do we really want to discourage those that do submit profiles? I voted yes with a note and PM'ed the guy. I've had it myself, where I've literally filled an entirely empty profile and got no votes because I forgot a comma. I just resubmitted correctly, but a lot of the no votes were pretty damn rude, and I nearly thought "F you, do it yourselves". However, I resubmitted because I like to pay back all those I do get good stuff from. I want to know where these '500,000 users' are hiding. I have a big collection, a lot of mainstream stuff covering many countries. I see the exact same small handful of names over and over again. :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: April 03, 2012, 11:58:45 PM »
I wish the community would loosen up because the standard is high despite all the complaining.
I think the situation isn't as bad for the region 2 profiles (it looked like it before I stop using the database), most of the problems come from the region 1 users or the idiot like Tim who don't own what he contributes and do that only to boost is weak ego...

I've found that I'm contributing more and more, mainly birthyears as I come across them locally, scans and a lot of headshots to the headshot database.
I see your name often.

I want to know where these '500,000 users' are hiding. I have a big collection, a lot of mainstream stuff covering many countries. I see the exact same small handful of names over and over again. :laugh:
Some of us don't contribute anymore. Not fun to works in double for free and it's easier to keep our database reliable for us by doing everything our way.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:01:47 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: April 04, 2012, 02:49:19 AM »
I love getting good deals on used DVDs. There was a post on Buffalo Craigslist listing about 400 DVDs for $500. I owned too many of them to make it worth my while so I asked them if he would consider breaking apart the lot...and he said "yes"!

So I picked up 90 DVDs for $130! A quick look and most of them are in good to mint condition and some are even sealed! I'm ashamed to say I even requested a few I already had so I could give them away!  :bag:

Don't laugh at me...wouldn't you pick up Friday the 13th: Ultimate Collection or The Omen Box Set or Chucky: the Killer DVD Collection for less than $1.50 if you could?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: April 04, 2012, 02:52:55 AM »
Don't laugh at me...wouldn't you pick up Friday the 13th: Ultimate Collection or The Omen Box Set or Chucky: the Killer DVD Collection for less than $1.50 if you could?
Why laugh, you have proven long time ago tht downscaling just isn't your thing :P

...and yes, I would too.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: April 04, 2012, 03:07:16 AM »
For that price yes... maybe not The Omen set as I own the three films anyway and the fourth one, if it is included, probably doesn't worth the 1.50$ :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: April 04, 2012, 03:14:59 AM »
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: April 04, 2012, 03:22:37 AM »
That's why I said it :hysterical:

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #6232 on: April 04, 2012, 12:26:11 PM »

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: April 04, 2012, 08:14:19 PM »
These arrived today

Another Earth

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked

The Revenant

Emperor and the White Snake

All currently without cover scans at invelos and all bar The Revenant with no data at all :(
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #6234 on: April 05, 2012, 01:08:20 PM »

An American Werewolf in London is a double dip to get the DTS audio missing from the UK release. I'm wanting the Blu but I managed to get it for just a £1.27 delivered so couldn't help myself.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #6235 on: April 05, 2012, 04:39:45 PM »
Only 1 this week:

Immortals

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: April 05, 2012, 05:06:33 PM »
An American Werewolf in London is a double dip to get the DTS audio missing from the UK release. I'm wanting the Blu but I managed to get it for just a £1.27 delivered so couldn't help myself.

:laugh:

kahless

« Reply #6237 on: April 05, 2012, 06:48:30 PM »
Arrived today:

House M.D. Season 7 [DVD]

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: April 05, 2012, 09:10:03 PM »
Arrived today...

Justice League Unlimited: Season 2

It figures season 2 arrives before season 1... means I have to wait to start watching it. :(
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6239 on: April 06, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
The Bodyguard (1992)

05 Apr - €9.99 @ Drogerie Müller

Larry Crowne (2011)

05 Apr - €9.99 @ Drogerie Müller

Lone Wolf McQuade (1983)

05 Apr - €7.99 @ Drogerie Müller

Missing in Action (1984)

05 Apr - €7.99 @ Drogerie Müller
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools