Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 819256 times)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #6060 on: February 26, 2012, 10:23:26 AM »
0165 - The Doom Generation £0.00

Just added the specs to Rewind and it includes a commentary and interview not mentioned on case. Araki fans will want this when released on the 26th March (Second Sight gave me a copy to add to the comparison)!
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=4039#4

This remains my favorite Araki. Not as good as Hal Hartley's Amateur, but better than Pulp Fiction.

Amateur

The Doom Generation

Pulp Fiction

Matthias

kahless

« Reply #6061 on: February 27, 2012, 06:27:25 PM »
arrived today:

Battle Royale - Limited Uncut Collectors Edition - Mediabook (3DVDs+Blu-ray Disc)

Starship Troopers [blu ray]

Dirty Harry Boxset (Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, Sudden Impact, The Dead Pool) [Blu-ray]

The Deer Hunter [blu ray]

Sharpy

« Reply #6062 on: February 27, 2012, 07:53:16 PM »
What Ive picked up recently :
28 Weeks Later [DVD] Desperation [DVD] Taking Lives [BLU-RAY]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:56:48 PM by Sharpy »

Rogmeister

« Reply #6063 on: February 28, 2012, 10:12:43 PM »
I got 3 titles today, all in Blu-ray format.

The Big Year
Hugo (2D version)
Puss In Boots (with beanie baby)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6064 on: February 29, 2012, 04:36:06 AM »

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy
All 3 Extended Versions in Dazzling 1080p and DTS-HD MA 6.1 Audio.
Deluxe 15-Disc Set Includes 9 Special Features DVDs with over 26 Hours of Spellbinding Behind-the-Moviemaking Material, Including the Rare Costa Botes Documentaries.

This came today.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: February 29, 2012, 12:04:38 PM »
These arrived today

We Need to Talk About Kevin

The Three Musketeers

Sleeping Beauty

Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

kahless

« Reply #6066 on: February 29, 2012, 10:01:44 PM »
today's arrival:

Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] [1979]

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6067 on: February 29, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »
Today I found a notice that my package from the US has arrived (including a customs bill ;)), I already feared it had gone lost.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #6068 on: February 29, 2012, 10:29:24 PM »
Today I found a notice that my package from the US has arrived (including a customs bill ;)), I already feared it had gone lost.

And I got a custom notice in my packstation yesterday. I have a big order from yesasia coming, and usually it doesn't get to customs.
This is the first time that I have to go to a customs office since I moved a few years ago. And now I find out, that I have to travel about 80km (one-way) to get my package.
In my old town there was a custom's office about 1km away from my home. I hadn't realized how lucky how was then.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6069 on: February 29, 2012, 10:34:51 PM »

And I got a custom notice in my packstation yesterday. I have a big order from yesasia coming, and usually it doesn't get to customs.
This is the first time that I have to go to a customs office since I moved a few years ago. And now I find out, that I have to travel about 80km (one-way) to get my package.
In my old town there was a custom's office about 1km away from my home. I hadn't realized how lucky how was then.

Happened to me a few times, too, in the beginning. In Karlsruhe the customs office is on the other end of town. Granted, Karlsruhe is not New York, but given the opening hours of this office it still was a PITA. Since then, I give my home adress when i'm suspecting customs fees.

But this one time in band camp, err, I mean, this one time I got a delivery, Amazon.com had the package doubly wrapped and customs couldn't find the invoice, so I had to drive 25km to yet another customs office in some industrial harbor at the Rhine (try to find that one with your navi!).
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: February 29, 2012, 10:36:51 PM »
I usually ship to my parents when I suspect customs. But because of past experience I didn't suspect it this time.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #6071 on: February 29, 2012, 11:27:21 PM »
The way it works for you guys sucks. In the UK, the Royal Mail pay the customs charges, and then put a note through your door. You take the note to your local post office and pay the customs fee there (+ an £8 charge). Sure, an £8 admin fee is a bit much, but it beats driving 80km. I live in the middle of nowhere and even then my post office is only a few miles away (most villages have one and obviously all towns/cities have at least one).

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: February 29, 2012, 11:41:27 PM »
The way it works for you guys sucks. In the UK, the Royal Mail pay the customs charges, and then put a note through your door. You take the note to your local post office and pay the customs fee there (+ an £8 charge). Sure, an £8 admin fee is a bit much, but it beats driving 80km. I live in the middle of nowhere and even then my post office is only a few miles away (most villages have one and obviously all towns/cities have at least one).

Also here you pay customs at the mail man or local post office (without extra charge). Provided there is a invoice attached to the package.
But a lot of overseas shops don't attach an invoice with the hope it gets past customs without paying anything. If it doesn't get past, you have to bring an invoice to customs and pay it there.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: March 01, 2012, 01:56:28 AM »
In the UK, the Royal Mail pay the customs charges, and then put a note through your door. You take the note to your local post office and pay the customs fee there (+ an £8 charge).
Works like this here too, so for me it's a fifteen minutes walk. Not that it happen often as I usually import from store that accept to list a lesser price on the shipping slip or I buy one dvd by order to not go over the limit (20$) if they refuse to do it...

15% taxes + 5$ + shipping + product price = don't worth a foreign purchase
15% taxes + 5$ + shipping + product price = worth a foreign purchase

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6074 on: March 01, 2012, 07:08:36 AM »

As Tom said, if an invoice is attached, you can pay it at your local post offcie. That's the case with me today.

The Packstation on the other hand is like a big advent calendar where you can get your packages 24/7. But not if special delivery fees have to be paid.
Karsten