Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855569 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #5385 on: July 14, 2011, 09:01:25 PM »
Grave Of The Vampire
It's Vampire vs. Vampire when a young outcast sets out to find the true identity of his father!
This one is actually a good movie.

Werewolf In A Girls' Dormitory
Terror grips a boarding school for troubled girls after a series of grisly attacks occur near its campus!
My review

Night Of The Living Dead
A ravenous gang of flesh-eating zombies traps seven strangers in a rural farmhouse.
Guess it's probably an awfull PD transfer

Don't Look In The Basement
A young nurse arrives at an isolated sanitarium where the lunatics are truly taking over the asylum!
I want to buy this one since I first saw the trailer, but I always forgot... Be warn S.F. Brownrigg isn't for everybody taste.

Scream Bloody Murder
In this gore-nographic twist of Oedipus Rex, a young man with a hook for a hand goes on a bloody killing spree.
This one is really good (but you know my taste). My review

Silent Night, Bloody Night
On the night before Christmas, grisly murders occur around a former insane asylum where a gruesome massacre tool place 35 years earlier.
Another good movie, but the survival material is full of defects (don't let that prevent you to watch it). My review

The Hatchet Murders
After witnessing a brutal murder by an unknown assailant, a musician is pursued by the maniacal psycho hell-bent on protecting a deep, dark secret!
It's the highly cut american release of Dario Argento's Deep Red. Try to get the complete movie you will not regret it as it's his best Giallo.

The Severed Arm
Trapped in a cave, six desperate geologists hack off the arm of one of their group for dinner. When they are rescued moments later, the one-armed man vows vengeance!
Awfull TV cut version of a stupid movie

RossRoy

« Reply #5386 on: July 14, 2011, 09:59:47 PM »
Looks like a nice little package for 10$ ;)
Thanks for the info!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5387 on: July 15, 2011, 05:09:17 AM »
Thank you for the help with the code stuff. :)

Testing to see if I got it copied in right...

Wild Target
Take dead aim at action-packed laughs with this killer comedy featuring an all-star cast. Emily Blunt steals the show as Rose, a free-spirited thief who finds herself in the crosshairs of a world-class assassin named Victor (Bill Nighy). But when Victor spares Rose's life, the lonely-hearted hitman sets off an outrageous chain of events that turn both their worlds upside down. Joined by a gun-toting apprentice (Rupert Grint), the unlikely trio teams up to thwart the murderous intentions of Victor's unhappy client.

Daylight
Brace yourself for nonstop action and suspense! When an explosion seals off a commuter tunnel 100 feet below the Hudson River, the survivors are faced with toxic fumes, fires and the impending collapse of the tunnel. Their only hope lies in the hands of a former emergency medical services chief Kit Latura (Sylvester Stallone). As the walls cave in and the tunnel fills up with water, Latura risks his own life to save others and prevent the disaster from escalating into an even greater catastrophe. Filled with spectacular special effects and heart-pounding intensity, director Rob Cohen's (The Fast and the Furious) Daylight will have you holding your breath from start to finish.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: July 15, 2011, 05:29:23 AM »
Or you can do like that to get the BR banner in place of the logo  ;D

Wild Target
Take dead aim at action-packed laughs with this killer comedy featuring an all-star cast. Emily Blunt steals the show as Rose, a free-spirited thief who finds herself in the crosshairs of a world-class assassin named Victor (Bill Nighy). But when Victor spares Rose's life, the lonely-hearted hitman sets off an outrageous chain of events that turn both their worlds upside down. Joined by a gun-toting apprentice (Rupert Grint), the unlikely trio teams up to thwart the murderous intentions of Victor's unhappy client.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: July 15, 2011, 06:37:08 AM »
There are three options, I believe they are like this:

whatyagot will link to the profile only.

whatyagot2 will link to the profile but also show the collection list on the left.

whatyagotblu will use the Blu-ray banner and work otherwise like whatyagot2.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5390 on: July 15, 2011, 06:41:09 AM »
Or you can do like that to get the BR banner in place of the logo  ;D

Wild Target

Ahh..ok.  I'll try that tomorrow...should be getting Rango.  So i'll see if I can get that to work then.

kahless

« Reply #5391 on: July 15, 2011, 01:23:31 PM »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: July 15, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »
A Film With Me In It :blu:

Die Wildgänse kommen :blu:

According to this site http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fassung&fid=979&vid=295556 the blu ray is region "0" what is equal to region free (?)
Yes! The sites I checked as well as DVDP still showed Region B only.

I cannot find any informations about the region code on the box!
That is usually another indicator... So chances really are it's region free. Since it is rather cheap as well, I may just order it sometime soon :)
Well, the websites were right and OFDB and the cover were wrong :( It's region locked for B. This is the third Blu-ray I can't play (one only because my PS3 can't handle PAL) and the second time I fell for the trick that they didn't show a region logo on the back. Just to be sure: I am not sending the blame your way, just letting you know. Well, maybe some day there'll be a US or at least a region free UK release :shrug:

Well, I quickly checked A Film With Me In It and that one plays.

kahless

« Reply #5393 on: July 15, 2011, 04:21:42 PM »
[...]
Well, the websites were right and OFDB and the cover were wrong :( It's region locked for B. This is the third Blu-ray I can't play (one only because my PS3 can't handle PAL) and the second time I fell for the trick that they didn't show a region logo on the back. Just to be sure: I am not sending the blame your way, just letting you know. Well, maybe some day there'll be a US or at least a region free UK release :shrug:
[...]

I'm sorry to hear that!  :( Maybe you can send it back to Amazon. According to my experience they are very fair!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: July 15, 2011, 05:20:54 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that!  :( Maybe you can send it back to Amazon. According to my experience they are very fair!
Hmmm, I'll think about that. Usually laziness comes in my way, especially thinking about having to send it back from here in Taiwan :shrug: Maybe I'll give it to a friend when I am back in Germany...

Oh, and I forgot to mention: Already earlier this week I received:

The Stunt Man :blu:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:27:34 PM by Achim »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: July 15, 2011, 07:35:33 PM »
Wasn't sure if you would purchase it or not :)
I expect mine only at the end of the month as it is in an order with another movie that will be release later (I'm cheap so I want the free delivery when I purchase from our Amazon... I pay enough when I order from the US).

If you watch it before I get mine let me know what you have thing of it ;D

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: July 16, 2011, 07:27:04 PM »
These arrived yesterday

Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology 1989-1997
Courtesy of Sam's head's up to a decent price of £9.99
Unknown

A Turtle's Tale

Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

RossRoy

« Reply #5397 on: July 17, 2011, 04:20:00 AM »
Received this last friday - thanks Jimmy for the profile!!

Battle Beyond The Stars
Shad (Richard Thomas) must scour the cosmos to recruit mercenaries from different planets and cultures in order to save his peaceful home planet from the threat of the evil tyrant Sador (John Saxon), who's bent on dominating and enslaving the entire universe. Joining this "magnificant seven" of mercenaries are the deadly Gelt (Robert Vaughn), carefree Cowboy (George Peppard), and the sexy Valkyrie Saint-Exmin (Sybill Danning).

The film brought together some extremely talented people behind the scenes who went on to bigger and better things : Academy Award® - winning director James Cameron as the art director, Academy Award® - winning composer James Horner (Titanic, Avatar), screenwriter John Sayles (Lone Star, Piranha) and producer Gale Anne Hurd (Terminator, The Incredible Hulk) as an assistant production manager.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: July 17, 2011, 05:10:17 AM »
Battle Beyond The Stars
:thumbup:

Mine is in the mail, hopefully getting here soon.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5399 on: July 17, 2011, 09:00:52 AM »
Oh that's right...I need to check on that one again.

Rango
Get ready to tango with RANGO, a winner with critics and audiences that's "like nothing you've ever seen before" (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone). Johnny Depp is spectacular as Rango, a kooky pet chameleon who gets tossed into a wild and raucous town in desperate need of a hero. Refreshingly original with eye-popping animation, RANGO is "loads of fun and genuinely funny" (Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times).