Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855879 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #5175 on: May 26, 2011, 08:03:21 PM »
At this price I couldn't resist double-dipping.
I would... Even if I was paid 100$ to watch that again I would say no. Almost everything done by Jim Carey annoyed me (even his small part in The Dead Pool at the beginning of his career, but that sure shown what kind of acting was in the future for him).

Of course everybody have his price, so maybe for a couple of thousand bills I could try again...

To be honest, while I was writing it, I knew that someone here will jump up and say something against my statement  :tease:

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: May 26, 2011, 09:07:41 PM »
Two arrivals today

London Boulevard

44 Inch Chest

Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Najemikon

« Reply #5177 on: May 26, 2011, 09:37:24 PM »
Hope your expectations are low!  :tease: 44 Inch Chest was one of the few films I felt deserved just one star and while I really liked the look of London Boulevard, the best I've heard about it is... "meh".  :whistle:

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: May 26, 2011, 09:59:44 PM »
Hope your expectations are low!  :tease: 44 Inch Chest was one of the few films I felt deserved just one star and while I really liked the look of London Boulevard, the best I've heard about it is... "meh".  :whistle:

No problemo. There are no real high expectations, I was just doing the usual looking around the offers at play/amazon/etc and saw them in the play buy 2 for 15squid offer so went for them. I had previously toyed with the idea of getting them earlier after catching the trailers, as they looked slightly interesting but not I must get my order in now interesting though, so decided to wait for them to reach the bargain bins. Maybe I could have waited for a 3 for £18 or similar but haven't.
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Najemikon

« Reply #5179 on: May 26, 2011, 10:08:45 PM »
In all seriousness, I would be interested in your take on 44 Inch Chest. If you haven't already, don't read my review as it became "take no prisoners, spoilers be damned"! But read it afterwards... ;)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: May 26, 2011, 10:22:06 PM »
In all seriousness, I would be interested in your take on 44 Inch Chest. If you haven't already, don't read my review as it became "take no prisoners, spoilers be damned"! But read it afterwards... ;)

No problemo again, I always like to see what other people have written after I write my reviews so I will be looking at yours - oooeeeer missus.
Dave

My Library

kahless

« Reply #5182 on: May 27, 2011, 03:19:38 PM »
Today:

Carlos (Extended Version, Director's Cut) [Blu-ray]

L'immortel [Blu-ray]

Dobermann [Blu-ray]

RossRoy

« Reply #5183 on: May 27, 2011, 04:07:55 PM »
Yesterday:
The RON HOWARD Action Pack
Eat My Dust
A car-crazy teen and the hottest girl in school get into a red-hot race car where their reckless fun accelerates into a tire-squealing, fender-bending adventure to who knows where!

Grand Theft Auto
Cross Romeo & Juliet with a demolition derby and you have Grand Theft Auto - Ron Howard's directorial debut! Can a young runaway couple get hitched in Vegas before their parents, a jealous boyfriend, a private detective and a mob of bounty hunter catch them? The race is on!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: May 27, 2011, 06:17:43 PM »
You got it before me :laugh:
I can't order it before wednesday next week, my CC is loaded and I have some money problem those days :(

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #5185 on: May 27, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »
These three arrived today:

True Blood: Season 1

The Vampire Diaries: Season 1 Part 2

V: The Complete Series

RossRoy

« Reply #5186 on: May 27, 2011, 07:54:22 PM »
You got it before me :laugh:
I can't order it before wednesday next week, my CC is loaded and I have some money problem those days :(

I can understand that. I'm currently working my way out of CC debts ... NOT easy ...

RossRoy

« Reply #5187 on: May 28, 2011, 04:19:09 AM »
Today:

Dementia 13
Future film legend Francis Ford Coppola makies his big-screen directorial debut with this cult horror classic, available for the first time in spectacular High-Definition Blu-Ray.

Following the abrupt death of her husband from a heart attack, the scheming Louise Haloran (Luanda Anders) travels to her in-laws estate in Ireland, only to find herself trapped in a creepy, decrepit castle with her ex-husband's demented family. Upon arrival, she is introduced to a pair of maladjusted brothers (William Campbell, Bart Patton) and a distraught mother-in-law (Eithne Dunn), still grieving for the daughter she lost in a drowning accident many years earlier. When a mysterious axe-wielding psychopath enters the fray, leaving blood-spattered corpses in his wake, the family's doctor (Patrick Magee) takes it upon himself to try and get to the bottom of things – before it's too late!

The making of Dementia 13, meanwhile, is a tale unto itself. An aspiring filmmaker fresh out of UCLA, Coppola found work under the tutelage of B-movie legend Roger Corman. After finishing a film called The Young Racers under budget, Corman opted to use the leftover funds to finance a low-budget thriller to cash in on the success of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. Coppola quickly delivered a script to Corman's liking, promising plenty of nudity and gore. Corman gave him the green light.

Despite the meager budget, Coppola made the most of his resources, while employing the sort of creative lighting, camera angles, and storytelling that reveals an early glimpse at the great filmmaking that would follow.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: May 28, 2011, 04:32:09 AM »
Be warned the transfert for this one isn't really good (too much DNR)... they did a better job on The Terror and Poor Pretty Eddie.

edit : I tought I wrote it in the Corman thread but maybe I just wrote it in PM :headscratch:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:56:12 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: May 28, 2011, 04:55:27 AM »
True Blood: Season 1
I enjoyed this show very much. They introduce some of they own rules but mostly it's "vampires in the real world".

Season 2 was still great, but I noticed a downward trend and started to grow tired of some of the whining and moaning and the ever present sex. I just read a review for Season 3 which did not encourage a purchase very much (the reviewer showed the same fatigue as me; he clearly said the show is still the best vampire show out there though)