Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856910 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4800 on: March 13, 2011, 02:47:05 PM »
I've just read Mark Kermode's book and he has a very funny bit on censorship with an anecdote about an interview with John Waters, concerning a chicken. That survived (at least initially) someone having sex with it but it was still cut!
And you can thanks your law for that, not that it's a big deal in the John Waters' film but...

(click to show/hide)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: March 13, 2011, 02:56:04 PM »

Did anyone ask the rat if it was ok? :laugh:

I know that sounds silly, but the rat surviving is not the point. The act itself is considered cruel.

Thanks Jon, that was a point I had forgotten in that it doesn't have to actually be cruel just perceived as cruel.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Sammy

« Reply #4802 on: March 13, 2011, 08:20:13 PM »
Hello there!!

I'll post some pics of the past few days arrivals.. :)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4803 on: March 13, 2011, 08:22:02 PM »
@Jon: apparently an anamorphic Blu-ray of The Abyss is in the works...

and I bet the UK release will either have the rat sequence cut or reframed as per earlier releases because the BBFC doesn't like animals being harmed.

Not the BBFC. UK law. And it's not a huge problem in this case.

Sorry BBFC and thank you Jon. Yes the BBFC asked for the cut to comply with UK law. I agree that it's not a a biggie in the censorship stakes but the rat was unharmed and my understanding from earlier interviews is that James Cameron and co. supplied evidence to the BBFC ascertaining to that fact. Even Channel 4 showed it uncut on TV, although they did apprently receive a rap over the knuckles for doing so.

They killed the rat in that scene...? I thought that would not be allowed, especially on set of such a big budget film :headscratch:

As per my comment above and as Marie said above no the rat was unharmed.

I know that sounds silly, but the rat surviving is not the point. The act itself is considered cruel.

I've just read Mark Kermode's book and he has a very funny bit on censorship with an anecdote about an interview with John Waters, concerning a chicken. That survived (at least initially) someone having sex with it but it was still cut!

That's true.  The rat obviously wasn't happy about what happened.  And I remember being upset by that the first time I saw the movie.  Made me like the one character - I can't remember his name - even less for doing that.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: March 13, 2011, 08:30:48 PM »
Nice to see someone else than me here buying movies like Cannibal Holocaust, Buio Omega and The New York Ripper :thumbup:

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #4805 on: March 13, 2011, 08:46:09 PM »
Nice to see someone else than me here buying movies like Cannibal Holocaust, Buio Omega and The New York Ripper :thumbup:

You're not the only one. I buy these films also! ;) I'm pretty sure AR has a bunch of these type of films also.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: March 13, 2011, 08:54:05 PM »
But you don't post picture and I'm a visual type of guy :laugh:

But I remember that you have posted a review of La scorta that is a really overlook italian film ;D

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #4807 on: March 13, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »
But you don't post picture and I'm a visual type of guy :laugh:

But I remember that you have posted a review of La scorta that is a really overlook italian film ;D

Admittedly I haven't really looked at more the last year or so outside of a couple of Arrow releases and Shameless Films releases., but yeah, La Scorta is criminally underated. :)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: March 14, 2011, 02:06:26 AM »

Point taken. Nobody asked the rat if she was up to it in the first place, let alone explained it what is about to happen. It's panic was no acting, really :bag:

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4809 on: March 14, 2011, 04:14:53 AM »
Great sets!!..where did you get that "Silence of the Lambs" set??...I want it!!!
Cool stuff!! :thumbup:

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #4810 on: March 14, 2011, 02:24:11 PM »
Today's arrivals:
Walled In
Resident Evil: Degeneration
Resident Evil: Extinction
Quarantine

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4811 on: March 14, 2011, 08:04:14 PM »
I got a cool Blu Ray display rack in the mail today,it only holds 40,so I have to try to find some more,but I really like it alot!!...It has the WB etched into the acrylic and its nice and thick and heavy!!

Sammy

« Reply #4812 on: March 15, 2011, 12:23:42 AM »
Great sets!!..where did you get that "Silence of the Lambs" set??...I want it!!!
Cool stuff!! :thumbup:

Thanks! I got that set with a friend from Italy (the edition is from there.. limited to 1000 and OOP, I'm afraid)..
Cheers!
:D

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: March 15, 2011, 01:10:32 AM »

Not something I would like... We can't see everything we own and showing off is part of the fun of being a collector (at least it is for me) :whistle:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: March 15, 2011, 02:09:34 AM »
Although I would like to be able to see all the DVDs, it is nice because it gives you more storage on top of that bookcase.