Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857143 times)

Fasteddie33

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4710 on: March 01, 2011, 06:28:14 PM »
....in the mail today...

snowcat

« Reply #4711 on: March 01, 2011, 06:30:17 PM »
Emma you will be sorry to haven't wait a little bit, since Teen Wolf will be release on Blu-Ray at the end of march :whistle:

But with a really ugly cover :puke:
(click to show/hide)

Aww man!

Luckily for me it only cost me £3!

Rogmeister

« Reply #4712 on: March 01, 2011, 10:06:05 PM »
I got 4 Blu-rays today...sort of my reward to myself for doing well on my Oscar contest.  I got Bambi plus all 3 Toy Story movies.   :tease:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4713 on: March 02, 2011, 04:44:30 AM »
Nice picks.

Ohh..I've seen clips of Miranda and I was intrigued.  I just forgot the name of the show..and the actress, so I couldn't look up the show.

Ack..something else to add to my ever growing wish list.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: March 02, 2011, 05:10:13 AM »
Ohh..I've seen clips of Miranda and I was intrigued.  I just forgot the name of the show..and the actress, so I couldn't look up the show.

Ack..something else to add to my ever growing wish list.
I liked her in Hyperdrive so when I saw that she had her own show I deceided to check it out. After watching the first third of the first episode on YouTube I ordered it. Heck, her role isn't all that different from Hyperspace :laugh: Looking forward to watch it soon.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4715 on: March 02, 2011, 05:39:34 AM »
Well I checked on Amazon...only have a region 2 DVD.

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4716 on: March 02, 2011, 06:09:50 PM »
...in the mail today...

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: March 03, 2011, 12:46:33 AM »
These arrived today

Easy A

Due Date

Alice in Wonderland

Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: March 03, 2011, 04:27:19 AM »
Easy A

:thumbup: I almost had ignored this as yet another stupid teen comedy, but it is really rather delightful fun and Emma Stone, who I didn't know previously, is one hell of a comedic actress with a voice to die for.
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: March 03, 2011, 05:11:56 AM »
:thumbup: I almost had ignored this as yet another stupid teen comedy, but it is really rather delightful fun and Emma Stone, who I didn't know previously, is one hell of a comedic actress with a voice to die for.
I saw this on the airplane not too long ago and agree on all accounts.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: March 03, 2011, 01:44:33 PM »
I just placed my monthly order. Here is what I will have coming...

America's Serial Killers: Portraits in Evil
Serial Killers: Portraits in Evil will strip the covers from a world of profiling, forensic science and painful investigation as we expose history's most brutal serial killers.

There is a darkness in humanity that has manifested itself in a lust for blood throughout the ages.  The Old Testament and ancient myths catalog murder and revenge as part of the fabric of life in ancient times.  Cain slew Abel...Romulus slew Remus.  Unleashing the beast within is a possibility for all of us.  The decision to kill from passion or premeditation has defined our world....past, present and future.

Wars have terrorized entire populations for thousands of years.  The American West was home to ruthless killers who were idolized in fiction and folklore.  Evil evolved to a hideous new form with the genocidal dictators of the 20th Century such as Hitler, Stalin and Mao Tse Tung who ordered the death of tens of millions.  But in the middle of the 20th Century a new and chilling phenomenon emerged in the post-war Western society...the serial killer.  As if fashioned from our nightmares, they terrify and fascinate us.  Lurking behind masks of bland normality, the serial killer often evaded capture for years, decades or eternity. These are America's serial killers.

PROGRAMS:

1. The Monster Within and Among Us – The Case of Jack the Ripper
2. Killers Without Conscience – H.H.Holmes and Jane Toppan
3. The Bogeyman's Gonna Eat You – Albert Fish, the Vampire of Brooklyn
4. Serial Killing Begins Again – The Boston Strangler, Ed Gein and the Lipstick Killer
5. Men Who Like To Kill – The Zodiac, the Son of Sam, Charles Manson and Ted Bundy
6. Homosexual Serial Killers – John Wayne Gacy and the Highway Killers
7. Buddy Serial Killing – The Hillside Stranglers and the Beltway Snipers
8. The Many Faces of Serial Killers – The Gainesville Ripper, the Unabomber and others
9. To Catch a Serial Killer – The Green River Killer and BTK
10. Why Serial Killers Kill – The Night Stalker and Jeffrey Dahmer

Got this one right cheap. I like the watching documentaries on serial killers... and I have a brother that this is a hobby of... so I am hoping this is at least a decent set we can watch.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Complete Fifth Season
Season Five of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation ™ comes to DVD with this 25-episode collection from the Emmy® Award-winning series – a season containing the show's 100th episode, as well as a stunning two-volume season finale directed by Quentin Tarantino.  Look closer... there are also new, never-before-seen bonus features that also warrant further investigation.

EPISODES:
1. Viva Las Vegas
2. Down the Drain
3. Harvest
4. Crow's Feet
5. Swap Meet
6. What's Eating Gilbert Grissom?
7. Formalities
8. Ch-Ch-Changes
9. Mea Culpa
10. No Humans Involved
11. Who Shot Sherlock?
12. Snakes
13. Nesting Dolls
14. Unbearable
15. King Baby
16. Big Middle
17. Compulsion
18. Spark of Life
19. 4 x 4
20. Hollywood Brass
21. Committed
22. Weeping Willows
23. Iced
24. Grave Danger Volume 1
25. Grave Danger Volume 2

I am looking forward to continuing this series. It is one that I am definitely hooked on. This set will give me over 100 episodes of the series.  :)

Scrubs: The Complete Third Season
Get ready for one wacky house call with the hilarious third season of 'Scrubs'.  It's a whole new year for the staff of Sacred Heart as Elliot undergoes a complete makeover in an attempt to change her luck, and the residents discover the incredible healing powers of an epiphany toilet.

Joining J.D. and the gang are a host of hysterical guest stars, including Tom Cavanagh ('Ed'), Tara Reid ('American Pie'), and the legendary Michael J. Fox -- "One of our all-time favorite comedy actors returns to the small screen...on one of our all-time favorite shows," raves 'Entertainment Weekly'. Bursting with highly contagious bonus features and featuring the show's original, unedited music in 5.1 Surround Sound, 'Scrubs' complete third season is just what the doctor ordered.

EPISODES:
1. My Own American Girl
2. My Journey
3. My White Whale
4. My Lucky Night
5. My Brother, Where Art Thou?
6. My Advice To You
7. My Fifteen Seconds
8. My Friend The Doctor
9. My Dirty Secret
10. My Rule Of Thumb
11. My Clean Break
12. My Catalyst
13. My Porcelain God
14. My Screw Up
15. My Tormented Mentor
16. My Butterfly
17. My Moment Of Un-Truth
18. His Story II
19. My Choosiest Choice Of All
20. My Fault
21. My Self-Examination
22. My Best Friend's Wedding

This is a fun series... but it is one I am really far behind in collecting.

The Zeta Project: Season 1
From the world of Batman Beyond comes Zeta, an experimental infiltration robot designed to be a government agent. With an arsenal of weapons and technology, including a holographic self-projector allowing it to assume any identity, Zeta is the ultimate assassin. But when Zeta's programming evolves, he develops a conscience and refuses to perform for the government. Now, Zeta is the enemy, and Agent Bennett wants to put this rogue robot down before it endangers humanity. Zeta takes to the streets and finds a friend in Ro, an orphan also on the run. These two form a wary alliance that grows to a friendship as they travel together through The Zeta Project's 2-Disc set of 12 exciting Season One Adventures. As pursuer Bennett's anger and persistence grow, the question becomes: who's the real threat to humanity?

This one is pretty much a blind buy... but I liked the character in the couple of Batman Beyond that it was on. So thought it was time to give it a chance.

Pre-Ordered for This Month:

Cult Horror Collection
The Funhouse
Phantasm II
The Serpent and the Rainbow
Sssssss

My being such a big horror fanatic... surprisingly I never seen any of these movies. at least not that I remember. This set is released on the 22nd of this month.

Dennis the Menace: Season 1

I used to watch this show all the time when I was a kid. But I haven't seen a single episode in MANY years. I just hope it lives up to my childhood memories. This one is released on the 29th of this month.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #4721 on: March 03, 2011, 04:37:46 PM »
Hmmmm!  I figured with that huge care package, you wouldn't need to order anything this month!  And is "care package" even a proper name for it...you don't really need it, right?

Yesterday I placed my own order.  Items I'm getting...

All-Star Superman (Blu-ray)
The Legion of Superheroes (DVD)
Batman: The Brave and the Bold--Season 1, Volume 2 (DVD--comes out March 15)
According to Jim, Season 2
Caroline In The City: Seasons 1 and 2

And I had previously pre-ordered that Dennis The Menace set as well.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4722 on: March 03, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »

Rogmeister

« Reply #4723 on: March 03, 2011, 08:16:43 PM »
I got 4 items in the mail today but none of them are DVDs or Blu-rays.  They included...

Nintendo DSi XL (extra-large Nintendo DS portable gaming unit)
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? (video game for the Nintendo DS)
Bootleg, Vol. II--Johnny Cash (Audio CD album, 2 discs, one of material from the 1950s, one from the 1960s)
A Moment In Time--Lorrie Morgan (Audio CD)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: March 03, 2011, 09:09:08 PM »
had some running to do today... took Britt to the dentist and such. While out we stopped at Big Lots and I just couldn't help myself. Especially for the price. I got 3 DVDs packaged together in cellophane for $3. That's right... $1 each!

Unfortunately because of this I couldn't read the back of the cases.... so didn't know anything more then the names of each of the movies... and saw the front cover of 2 of the 3.

Winter Sleepers
Tom Tykwer's thriller Winter Sleepers is a haunting film about passion, emotions, love and death set in motion by a mysterious car accident. It opens with a terrible sense of foreboding, which envelops the stillness of winter. Almost hallucinatory events begin to unfold and engulf four young people — Laura, Marco, Rebecca and René — who have little or nothing in common with each other. When local farmer Theo enters the picture, their lives change directions forever. Their paths cross only briefly, but this crossing gives new and unforeseen meaning to their lives.
Lassie
"Faultlessly written and directed...with a first-rate cast" (New York Post), Lassie is a "heartwarming and moving adventure" (Hollywood Reporter) about a faithful dog determined to reunite with her family against all odds.

This exciting adaptation will thrill parents and children alike, as the resourceful collie overcomes incredible obstacles in her journey across the country to reach home in time for Christmas. This classic tale of friendship and courage "will melt even the coldest heart" (CBS News).
The Ten Commandments
The Ten Commandments showcases Moses, the reluctant prophet, who was the only man to see the face of God and call him "friend."

Condemned to die by the Pharaoh while just a baby, Hebrew Moses is set adrift on the river Nile by his mother and his sister. Rescued by the daughter of the Pharaoh, he grows up thinking he's an Egyptian prince. Eventually exiled from Egypt when he is exposed as a Jew, he is touched by God and told that he will lead his enslaved people to the Promised Land. After 40 years of leading the Chosen Ones to the Promised Land, Moses is embraced by God and led to a better place. This special animated version is filled with high adventure, miraculous events and a gentle sense of humor.

I picked these out mainly because I wanted to see this version of Lassie. The only thing that really has me concerned is that  Winter Sleepers only has a German audio track... but it of course does have English subtitles. So I want to ask our German friends (or anyone else that has seen it) how is Winter Sleepers? is it worth the trouble of having to read the movie? I am such a slow reader that it takes plenty of pausing and rewinding to catch it all!  :bag:  :P
Pete