Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857272 times)

Najemikon

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4635 on: February 18, 2011, 09:34:38 PM »
Spaced? Awesome choice!  :clap:

Yup. I remember some of you talking about the show here.  I managed to find some episodes online and I loved them.  I've had it on my wish list at Amazon.com for almost a year...finally saw it on sale for $28.99 so I got it.

cool. The US set has some sort of contribution from Tarantino. Can't remember what,  a commentary I think.  in any case,  the documentary is excellent.

Rogmeister

« Reply #4636 on: February 18, 2011, 10:46:02 PM »
Today I got the following...

The Rich Little Show (DVD)
You've Got Mail (Blu-ray) includes a DVD of The Shop Around The Corner
Eat Pray Love (Blu-ray)
Pleasantville (Blu-ray)

I also got a blue Nintendo DSi.

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4637 on: February 19, 2011, 03:20:05 AM »
Roger-

If you watch Pleasantville on Blu Ray any time soon,let me know how it looks...

Rogmeister

« Reply #4638 on: February 19, 2011, 03:24:28 AM »
Okay, I'll do that, Eddie.  I might even watch it sometime this weekend.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4639 on: February 19, 2011, 05:06:42 AM »

cool. The US set has some sort of contribution from Tarantino. Can't remember what,  a commentary I think.  in any case,  the documentary is excellent.

I saw something on the case about Tarantino..can't remember what at the moment either. 

Rogmeister

« Reply #4640 on: February 20, 2011, 12:18:00 AM »
I just got back from my local Wal-Mart where I bought the following 3 movies on Blu-ray...

How The West Was Won
The Phantom
The Spirit

The Phantom and The Spirit were bound together as one $15 purchase.  I've heard The Spirit pretty much sucks so I'm (in my mind) considering all the money being for The Phantom with The Spirit being a freebie.  That way it just might be worth it's purchase price.  :tease:

W0m6at

« Reply #4641 on: February 20, 2011, 01:10:07 AM »
Just ordered:

Once my current orders are in (Godzilla Raids Again is shipping from elsewhere) I think that'll mean I have all  :clap: of the (real) Godzilla movies except for King Kong vs. Godzilla, which afaik is not available in Japanese with English subtitles  :-\.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: February 20, 2011, 03:31:03 AM »
Once my current orders are in (Godzilla Raids Again is shipping from elsewhere) I think that'll mean I have all  :clap: of the (real) Godzilla movies except for King Kong vs. Godzilla, which afaik is not available in Japanese with English subtitles  :-\.
:clap: Wow, awesome! That is quite a few though, isn't it?

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4643 on: February 20, 2011, 09:51:42 AM »
I finally received this package yesterday. It took longer than I am used to. This is from a big shopping spree I took at YesAsia in the beginning of this year. They have a huge selection of titles, which become cheaper the more you buy.

Waiting in the Dark (YesAsia)

Say Hello For Me (YesAsia)

Hinokio (YesAsia)

My Wife Is 18 (YesAsia)

Honey and Clover (YesAsia)

Flowers in the Shadows (YesAsia)

My Boyfriend is Type-B (YesAsia)

Time Traveller (YesAsia)

Flavor of Happiness (YesAsia)

...ing (YesAsia)

First Love (YesAsia)

Swing Girls (YesAsia)

My Scary Girl (YesAsia)

W0m6at

« Reply #4644 on: February 20, 2011, 12:44:56 PM »
:clap: Wow, awesome! That is quite a few though, isn't it?
24 on the shelves and 4 on the way. Some also have alternate edits (I've read that for at least one the U.S. edit is so extreme as to be essentially a different movie).

Additionally, I've got The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms which is widely considered to have had quite an influence on the way Godzilla looks, and perhaps even have inspired the original.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: February 20, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »
I just ordered a couple very cheap at Amazon Marketplace...

AVP: Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
Packed with adrenaline-pumping action, heart-stopping suspense, plus seven additional minutes of unrated, blood-soaked footage too shocking for theaters, this unrated version of AVP-Requiem escalates the war between sci-fi's scariest movie icons!

After a horrifying PredAlien crash-lands near a small Colorado town, killing everyone it encounters and producing countless Alien offspring, a lone Predator arrives to "clean up" the infestation. Soon it's an all-out battle to the death with no rules, no mercy — and hundreds of innocent people caught in the crossfire. As the creature carnage continues, a handful of human survivors attempt a daring escape, but the U.S. government may be hatching a deadly plan of its own...
The New Adventures of Superman
Originally produced by Filmation Associates, this animated Superman was among the first Saturday morning cartoon shows showcasing the adventures of a Super Hero. In each suspenseful, action-packed six-minute caper, Superman defeats out-of-this-world dangers like mermen living beneath the Earth's core, energy controlling aliens and time-traveling magicians. Favorite villains the Toyman, Brainiac and archnemesis Lex Luthor also challenge the Man of Steel, but he doles out justice with the simple mantra "This is a job for Superman™." These 36 episodes of retro fun will make younger and older spirits soar!

I never seen the movie... but I remember watching this Superman cartoon as a kid. So looking forward to the nostalgic reviewing of it.

If I am not mistaken don't you have this Superman set Roger? If so... what did you think of it? I can't complain since I got it very cheap used on the Amazon Marketplace... but was wondering.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #4646 on: February 20, 2011, 09:27:55 PM »
Yes, I have The New Adventures of Superman which aired in 1966.  The original half-hour series had 3 cartoons in each episode...two Superman adventures and one Superboy adventure though this set doesn't have the Superboy cartoons.  They did sneak in the Superboy opening in there, though.  I like the opening...it's a reworking of the opening from the classic Adventures of Superman.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: February 20, 2011, 10:00:44 PM »
Yup... this one...

That kinda sucks about the Superboy segments. I wonder why they did that. Oh well... at least most of it will be. The box says there is 36 episodes... so that should be plenty to keep me busy for a while.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4648 on: February 21, 2011, 02:43:24 AM »
Here are my last few purchases.

M*A*S*H

Battlestar Galactica: Season One

Community: The Complete First Season

The Sherlock Holmes Collection

Spaced: The Complete Series

I spotted Battlestar Gallactica at Walmart this evening and decided to go ahead and get it.  This is someone's fault here...I just can't remember who at the moment.   :hysterical:  But I know at least one person here has talked about how good the show is.  So..it is their fault.

Also, I saw 2 Top Gear DVDs tonight and I almost got one of them.  
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:38:25 AM by Dragonfire »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: February 21, 2011, 05:29:12 AM »
24 on the shelves and 4 on the way. Some also have alternate edits (I've read that for at least one the U.S. edit is so extreme as to be essentially a different movie).
I know the first one had even scenes with an American actor (Raymond Burr) edited in, so maybe that's the one you are referring to? Godzilla, King of the Monsters is on Disc 2 of the version I have, but I haven't watched it yet.

Additionally, I've got The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms which is widely considered to have had quite an influence on the way Godzilla looks, and perhaps even have inspired the original.
It's maybe around 30 years since I saw that, but I have fond memories...