Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857773 times)

Mustrum_Ridcully

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4440 on: January 24, 2011, 10:01:55 AM »
I guess I'll be waiting for two separate orders, both shipping on the same date (and I can't see a way to combine the orders).
If ordered at Amazon, they will combine these two automatically in one parcel, but with two invoices in it. At least that's how they do it here in Germany.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4441 on: January 24, 2011, 10:38:04 AM »
I guess I'll be waiting for two separate orders, both shipping on the same date (and I can't see a way to combine the orders).
If ordered at Amazon, they will combine these two automatically in one parcel, but with two invoices in it. At least that's how they do it here in Germany.

I never had that. I even had it the other way around. 3 items, no seperate shipping requested but they made three parcels out of it, shipped within a 30 hour range.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: January 24, 2011, 11:02:53 AM »
This arrived today

The Tournament

Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: January 24, 2011, 11:13:25 AM »

I never had that. I even had it the other way around. 3 items, no seperate shipping requested but they made three parcels out of it, shipped within a 30 hour range.

I've had that happen quite regularily here in the UK. Usually when 2 or more despatched e-mails arrive within minutes of each other there will only be one parcel containing the items. I think it may depend upon which distribution warehouse is currently holding the stock.
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

kahless

« Reply #4444 on: January 24, 2011, 03:18:47 PM »
Today:

Se7en

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: January 25, 2011, 02:40:10 PM »
These arrived today

Eden of the East: The Complete Series

Beethoven: Symphonies Nos. 4, 5 & 6

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...

Dave

My Library

W0m6at

« Reply #4446 on: January 25, 2011, 04:11:05 PM »
Just ordered:

snowcat

« Reply #4447 on: January 25, 2011, 07:13:23 PM »
Just ordered:

!! This is on Blu-ray? :O Please let me know what its like!

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4448 on: January 25, 2011, 07:23:49 PM »
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...

As you probably expected, I want to hear your thoughts on these :)
Especially Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. Often in Bollywood movies the dance numbers are only there for the sake of it. Without them those movies would still work. But with this one I feel that the music is the heart of the movie. It feels more like a musical. I would even go so far to say, that it feels like a elaborate stage musical. The more often I watched this movie (I saw it four times already), the more I liked the music. After the fourth time I bought the soundtrack and I still listen to it almost daily.

Your new anime looks also interesting. While I had a collegue who was a big anime fan, I bought a lot of anime series and we both talked a lot about those. Sadly, since he was let go (because of the economy crisis), my interest in watching anime has diminished. I still have a lot of anime series in my unwatched pile.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: January 25, 2011, 09:51:26 PM »

As you probably expected, I want to hear your thoughts on these :)
Especially Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. Often in Bollywood movies the dance numbers are only there for the sake of it. Without them those movies would still work. But with this one I feel that the music is the heart of the movie. It feels more like a musical. I would even go so far to say, that it feels like a elaborate stage musical. The more often I watched this movie (I saw it four times already), the more I liked the music. After the fourth time I bought the soundtrack and I still listen to it almost daily.

Your new anime looks also interesting. While I had a collegue who was a big anime fan, I bought a lot of anime series and we both talked a lot about those. Sadly, since he was let go (because of the economy crisis), my interest in watching anime has diminished. I still have a lot of anime series in my unwatched pile.

No problemo. The reviews will appear once I have viewed them. I'm going to try and watch them by Sunday. Not too sure when I'll get around to the anime though hopefully not too long although I have quite a very large pile of unwatched anime I need to get through.
Dave

My Library

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4450 on: January 25, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »
The Vampire Diaries: Season 1 (Amazon.co.uk)
Looks like something I could enjoy.
The Men Who Stare at Goats (Amazon.de)
I have seen this one at the cinema and liked it.
Do Raaste 12B (Amazon.de)
A bad buy. Noticed after I received it, that it doesn't include any subtitles which makes it impossible for me to watch it in the original language.
Edit: Just noticed on IMDb, that Hindi, the second language option on this DVD, isn't even the original language, but just another dub. The original language of this movie is Tamil.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:11:57 PM by Tom »

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4451 on: January 26, 2011, 02:20:48 AM »
Picked up a few Blu Rays today!!

W0m6at

« Reply #4452 on: January 26, 2011, 02:51:02 AM »
Just ordered:

!! This is on Blu-ray? :O Please let me know what its like!
Look again. DVD logo.  :hysterical:
I didn't even notice until now this was in the HD section (HD-DVD at that!  :hmmmm:). I just looked at the topic What'ya got?.

hal9g

« Reply #4453 on: January 26, 2011, 03:28:13 AM »
Got this @ Amazon (lightning deal) for $26.49!

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:38:11 AM by Hal »

Rogmeister

« Reply #4454 on: January 26, 2011, 06:31:37 AM »
Speaking of Amazon sales, I just went to my Gold Box there and found they are currently selling season sets of The Simpsons for just $13.99 each (U.S.).  I wasn't planning on buying any past the 10th season but at these prices, I figured what they heck!  These are in standard DVD format.  I also ordered a couple Blu-ray titles, Watchmen...and a pre-order of the new True Grit.