Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857779 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4425 on: January 21, 2011, 10:37:47 PM »
Krrish

Do you have an order in which you plan to watch your unwatched Bollywood movies? For example I am really curious of your opinion on Ghajini, Fanaa and this one.

Today I received:

The Larry Sanders Show: The Complete Series (Amazon.com)
I just couldn't resist when it was on-sale with about 50% off of the regular price.
Smallville: Season Nine (Amazon.co.uk)
It finally dropped in price and I can finally catch up in this series.
Wake up Sid (Amazon.co.uk)
One of the most acclaimed Bollywood movies of last year.
Save the Green Planet (Amazon.co.uk)

I Hate Luv Stories (Amazon.co.uk)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: January 21, 2011, 11:13:24 PM »
Krrish

Do you have an order in which you plan to watch your unwatched Bollywood movies? For example I am really curious of your opinion on Ghajini, Fanaa and this one.

Nope no order. I just look at the piles and see what grabs my fancy. If requests have been made then I will consider them ahead of the rest of the piles. So tomorrow and probably Sunday I will watch at least one, if not two, of the above. In fact as I was profiling both Fanaa and Krrish, earlier today, they looked extra interesting so will definitely be one or both of them.

Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: January 21, 2011, 11:22:59 PM »
So tomorrow and probably Sunday I will watch at least one, if not two, of the above. In fact as I was profiling both Fanaa and Krrish, earlier today, they looked extra interesting so will definitely be one or both of them.

Even though I really would love to hear your opinion on Krrish, I recommend you watch Fanaa this weekend and wait with Krrish until after you got "Koi... mil gaya". Krrish is a sequel to it (even if it can be watched without seeing the other first). And if you want to watch another one this weekend, you can watch Ghajini, which I think you will enjoy. It's Bollywood's version of Memento (without the non-linear storytelling device Memento is famous for though). "Koi... mil gaya" is like a Bollywood take on "E.T.". "Krrish" is Bollywood's first superhero movie.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: January 21, 2011, 11:44:07 PM »
Okely Dokely. Tomorrow will be Ghajini then with Fanaa on Sunday.

I'm on the verge of placing an order for Blu's of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kabhie Khuchi Kabhie Gham after finding a site with them, the same site that supplied Krrish but these will be direct rather than through amazon marketplace.
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: January 22, 2011, 03:38:01 AM »
I got a package from Amazon Canada today (as usual Post Canada scared me since it was listed as delivered yesterday). So the result was a big day of profiling started at 11AM and ended less than 20 minutes ago...

First my usual Roger Corman's titles for this month (5 movies to do)

A single one this time

and the one who gave me the most works to do, since doing the profiles aren't the only part because I must go on poster hunting with those films (I always do each film manually for this type of set and not by disc).

and the set countain these films

So I did a total of 18 profiles today :dance:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: January 22, 2011, 04:48:33 AM »
and the one who gave me the most works to do, since doing the profiles aren't the only part because I must go on poster hunting with those films (I always do each film manually for this type of set and not by disc).
Wow, that set seems to have an amazing variety of films inside, all through the genres and decades...

Since I eventually decided to stick with the Blus on this (adding the DVDs as well would have become too much for my collection), I wonder if there will ever be another Roger Corman Cult Clasic on Blu-ray :hmmmm:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:51:04 AM by Achim »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: January 22, 2011, 05:20:49 AM »
The last time Cliff had talk about this only Battle Beyond the Stars is considerate as a Blu-Ray release. The BR just doesn't sell enough to be profitable, sorry to bring the bad news.

But to cheer you up a big Pam Grier set will be release in june with those films : The Big Doll House, Women in Cages and The Big Bird Cage. All this with a lot of extras and certainly the participation of miss Grier herself, but it will be a little more costly than the other one in the collection. The Arena will be also release in september.

Those set are usually fun to watch and the quality is usually good (only one of the film in this one doesn't really look good) and for the price you get a pretty nice deal (even if at the end you like only half of the films).

edit : The last paragraph is about your first one.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:23:52 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: January 22, 2011, 06:52:28 AM »
The last time Cliff had talk about this only Battle Beyond the Stars is considerate as a Blu-Ray release. The BR just doesn't sell enough to be profitable, sorry to bring the bad news.
While the movie geek is sad about the news, my wallet won't mind :laugh:

I remember going over to the other forum and seeing one of Cliff's comments. He emphasized that for most of these films the quality of the source is too bad, which high definition will enhance to a point here it gets unwtchable. DVD on the other has remains a little fuzzier and conceals many of those faults. (I think that was the post you had talked about when we talked about this before).

kahless

« Reply #4433 on: January 22, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »
Arrived today:

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: January 22, 2011, 03:06:40 PM »
This pair arrived via postie today
The Other Guys

Om Shanti Om

and this pair were an impulse buy from the Tesco bargain bin
Arn: Knight Templar

The Ghost

Dave

My Library

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4435 on: January 22, 2011, 05:19:12 PM »
Today in my post-box (from Amazon):

A Film With Me in It

Letters to Juliet

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: January 22, 2011, 06:11:34 PM »
A Film With Me in It
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I have been waiting for it to be released since I saw it in the FantasyFilmFest. But for some reason the only release so far was an Australian DVD release, which was too overprized as import from Amazon.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4437 on: January 22, 2011, 11:57:20 PM »
But for some reason the only release so far was an Australian DVD release, which was too overprized as import from Amazon.
For Australian DVDs I recommend to buy them from ezyDVD ( http://www.ezydvd.com.au/ ). Shipping for 1 DVD is about € 3,60 (AU$ 5,50)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: January 23, 2011, 08:37:59 AM »
I had AFilm With Me in It on my Wish List for a long time (either through Tom's mention or Kemode's podcast), but had recently taken it off. Seeing the cover now I wonder if I should put it back on :hmmmm:

W0m6at

« Reply #4439 on: January 24, 2011, 09:10:41 AM »

Pan's Labyrinth: Special Edition (I can't find cover art for this new version)

Unfortunately Pan's Labyrinth isn't out until 28 Feb... which is ironic because that's when Alice in Wonderland comes out (which will be holding up my pre-order for Bambi/Bambi 2). I guess I'll be waiting for two separate orders, both shipping on the same date (and I can't see a way to combine the orders).