Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857990 times)

RossRoy

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4275 on: December 25, 2010, 06:46:51 AM »
Xmas brought in these:

On Blu-ray

On DVD

Xbox 360 Game

Received as an exchange for my Nintendo DS, which my sister wanted to give to my niece.

Books

The great epic of the people of werewolves is rooted in antiquity, during the mythical era of the great cities kingdoms. From Babylon to the Persian Empire and Veliko Tarnovo in the country of Thrace is the gleaming Byzantium, guardian of the Strait of Bosporus. It is on this part of the world long before the advent of monotheistic beliefs, the goddess of wolves, Borte Tchino, laid his eyes. It waits for centuries that they meet the conditions for the birth of the first representative of a superior race. Combining the intelligence of man to animal power, Raja born to rule the world and establish a new order, a perfect fusion between man and nature.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: December 25, 2010, 09:13:02 AM »
nice haul!

I should be finding out what I pulled in soon... within the next few hours.
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: December 25, 2010, 12:04:08 PM »
I received these

The Time Traveler's Wife

The Karate Kid

Chloe

Turandot

Twilight
Already own this so will need to try to get it exchanged
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Rogmeister

« Reply #4278 on: December 25, 2010, 04:36:32 PM »
I mentioned this in another thread but one of my brothers (Jim in Maryland) sent me two John Wayne DVDs:

They Were Expendable
Flying Leathernecks

Both are war films.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: December 26, 2010, 09:29:02 AM »
Xmas brought in these:

[...]

Xbox 360 Game
<Cover of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit>
Good game. I cannot play it a long time at once, but it is awesome to play in relatively small bursts. The online autolog function is great, as you are practically playing against your friends even if you are never online at the same time.

RossRoy

« Reply #4280 on: December 26, 2010, 03:52:49 PM »
Good game. I cannot play it a long time at once, but it is awesome to play in relatively small bursts. The online autolog function is great, as you are practically playing against your friends even if you are never online at the same time.

Yeah I like it. Though I still need to get used to how the cars handle, because right now, I suck at it!  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: December 26, 2010, 04:21:34 PM »
It's definitely not a simulation... I have played Burnout Paradise before, so maybe that helped. But, I also need usually more than one attempt to complete a challenge and quite a few to beat the times of some of my friends. Some of those times are just insane!

Rogmeister

« Reply #4282 on: December 26, 2010, 10:04:53 PM »

The Adventures of Robin Hood

The Wizard of Oz: 70th Anniversary Edition

True Grit

The Proposition

My copy of The Proposition is not quite exactly like the image shown here.  My copy apparently does not include the DVD as this one shows...nor is my copy billed as a "Special Edition" though it still has some decent extras.  It's probably the same, just without the DVD version included.  This gives me 6 Blu-ray titles...I ordered four others last night so when they arrive, I'll have my Blu-ray collection bumped up to 10 titles.  Then I'll take it easy as far as future purchases go.  Thus sayeth Roger the Classics Lover.  Of course, my nephew thinks there's something wrong with someone who likes such old films.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #4283 on: December 26, 2010, 10:15:24 PM »

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4284 on: December 27, 2010, 08:51:31 AM »
Roger, your nephew just hasn't learned to appreciate older movies yet.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #4285 on: December 27, 2010, 09:17:36 AM »
I learned to appreciate older movies when I was a teenager, but unfortunately it was during high school so there was some name calling I had to put up with. But fuck them anyway, what did they know?

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4286 on: December 27, 2010, 10:03:01 AM »
That's true. Had to put up with smart remarks for things like that too...and just the fact that I like to read.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: December 27, 2010, 10:05:31 AM »
I only fairly recently (like the last 10 years) decided to give the classics a chance. I used to think if it was in Black and White it wasn't worth watching (actually if it was made before 1980 I didn't give it a chance)... but then I learned differently and now playing catch-up.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #4288 on: December 28, 2010, 01:21:24 AM »
My nephew is around 30 or 31...so I wonder if he'll ever like any older films.  :-\  Well, life's too short to worry about such things, I guess.  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: December 28, 2010, 09:41:02 AM »
Early 30's is about when I turned around on it... so it isn't impossible. But who knows.
Pete