Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855014 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4035 on: October 26, 2010, 03:03:16 PM »
Dave - If you ever want buy something that is only available in the U.S. I can help. It costs a bit more, because I then have to send it out, but there may be times it would be worth it to you.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: October 26, 2010, 09:23:59 PM »
Dave - If you ever want buy something that is only available in the U.S. I can help. It costs a bit more, because I then have to send it out, but there may be times it would be worth it to you.

Thank you very much Kathy. I will keep this in mind.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Rogmeister

« Reply #4037 on: October 27, 2010, 12:57:04 AM »
I got two items today...a DVD title and a video game...

Scrubs: The Complete Eighth Season--I had previously gotten the 9th (final) season, then I discovered I hadn't gotten this one yet.  So now I have all 9 seasons.

Superman: Shadow of Apokolips--This is a videogame for the Playstation 2, done in the style of Superman: The Animated Series.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4038 on: October 27, 2010, 08:43:51 PM »
Die Didi-Show: Die komplette Serie (Amazon.de)
I remember watching and enjoying this in the 80s. I wonder how well it holds up.
South Park: Season Thirteen (Amazon.de)
Continuing another series.
Kung Fu Hustle (Amazon.de)
Bought this in a sale. I imagine that I could like it. Even though I was a little disappointed with Shaolin Soccer.
Chuck: Season Three (Amazon.co.uk)
Continuing another series.

EdwinK

« Reply #4039 on: October 27, 2010, 09:18:18 PM »
The Da Vinci Treasure

Dr. No

From Russia with Love

Goldfinger

Thunderball

You Only Live Twice

Beowulf & Grendel

The Shawshank Redemption

The Bank Job

Mad Money

Tunnel rats

Universal Soldier: Regeneration

Nationale Taptoe 2005

Nationale Taptoe 2008

Rogmeister

« Reply #4040 on: October 28, 2010, 06:28:53 AM »
I've3 been ordering cheap video games lately and 3 more arrived on Wednesday, giving me game arrivals for 3 straight days now...all 3 of these games are for the original Xbox.

Superman: The Man of Steel was the first Superman game released on the system.  I've actually decided recently to try to get every game featuring a DC Comics character that was issued for the systems I own...and I think I have now ordered the last few I need to complete such a collection. 

Major League Baseball 2K7--The last baseball game for the system, I believe.

Madden NFL 2009--The last game of any kind released for the system.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: October 28, 2010, 11:46:58 AM »
  Julio Medem Collection
DVD: R2-ES Sogepaq/Fox (2008)

Contains:
Vacas (ES 1992, AKA Cows)
La ardilla roja (ES 1993, AKA The Red Squirrel)
Tierra (ES 1996)
Los amantes del Círculo Polar (ES 1998, AKA Lovers of the Arctic Circle)
Lucía y el sexo (ES 2001, AKA Sex and Lucia)
Caótica Ana (ES 2007, AKA Chaotic Ana)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 03:25:28 AM by goodguy »
Matthias

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: October 28, 2010, 12:21:18 PM »
This arrived today from the amazon 2 for £12 offer
The Lake House

and these arrived yesterday

Wild at Heart

The Guillermo Del Toro Collection
Includes Cronos, Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone all in a pop-up cover digipack
True Legend

Veer - Zaara

Chak De! India
I know I only just got the DVD of this but it was a reasonable price for the Blu and I know a friend who will like the DVD

Dave
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

W0m6at

« Reply #4043 on: October 28, 2010, 02:04:45 PM »
The Guillermo Del Toro Collection
Includes Cronos, Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone all in a pop-up cover digipack

Let us know what this is like. I've only seen Pan's Labyrinth, and held off on the double-dip there. Very tempted by this package though.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: October 28, 2010, 07:37:55 PM »
Let us know what this is like. I've only seen Pan's Labyrinth, and held off on the double-dip there. Very tempted by this package though.
I have seen Cronos many years ago, on a Film Festival, it must after Bern the time of it's original release. Nobody really understood who Del Toro was. I remember the film being slow, but captivating. Looking forward to the upcoming Criterion myself.

Devil's Backbone is clearly the predecessor of Pan's Labyrinth. Beautifully shot, it tells it's story less violent than the latter. Not quite there yet, but clearly carrying the same trademarks :thumbup:

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: October 28, 2010, 08:13:16 PM »

Likewise I've only previously seen Pan's Labyrinth but the whole package looked interesting and I wanted to upgrade Pan's Labyrinth to Blu from the HD-DVD I currently own as I no longer have the HD-DVD player connected, although it may get reconnected if I upgrade my receiver to one with multi-HDMI inputs rather than none as per my current receiver (Denon AVR 3805).

When I do watch the films I will be reviewing them here but I am currently purchasing far more films than I am watching : :bag:

I have seen Cronos many years ago, on a Film Festival, it must after Bern the time of it's original release. Nobody really understood who Del Toro was. I remember the film being slow, but captivating. Looking forward to the upcoming Criterion myself.

Devil's Backbone is clearly the predecessor of Pan's Labyrinth. Beautifully shot, it tells it's story less violent than the latter. Not quite there yet, but clearly carrying the same trademarks :thumbup:

Thanks for this Achim I may have to watch them sooner rather than later.

Dave
Dave

My Library

Rogmeister

« Reply #4046 on: October 28, 2010, 08:49:35 PM »
Today marked the fourth consecutive day I've received a video game in the mail.  I'm curious to see if I can get at least one game every mail day this week (no delivery on Sundays, of course).  Today I got Catwoman for the GameCube.  It is based on the Halle Berry movie and it fittingly is also considered to be a pretty bad movie.  But the character is supposed to do some sort of sexy bumb and grind dance when you let her stand still and don't move her for a minut or two...so that's something!  ::)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: October 28, 2010, 08:55:02 PM »
Got a package this morning... At first I was really intrigue since I didn't expect any more dvd this month and certainly not from the old continent. But it was on my name, so maybe it was a marketplace purchase I forgot about :headscratch:

I checked the dvd and was sure I didn't order it :shrug:
But there was a short letter in the package and the mystery was resolved :yu:

The dvd in question is this one

and the mysterious sender is our good friend Jon ;D

Thanks Jon, you sure took me by surprise this morning my secretive friend :thumbup:

Najemikon

« Reply #4048 on: October 28, 2010, 09:39:55 PM »
My pleasure! We spoke about it last year and I thought it deserved a more appreciative home.  ;)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4049 on: October 28, 2010, 09:53:18 PM »
Veer - Zaara

You know the drill: I want to hear your thoughts on this one :)
I really envy you that you got all of these on Blu. The long runtimes of these really benefit from Blu, I imagine.

The Lake House

Also about this one I am curious, what you think about it? Have you seen it before? Or the original South Korean movie?