Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 850965 times)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3990 on: October 20, 2010, 05:00:10 PM »
Today's arrivals

Black Death

Chak De! India

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3991 on: October 20, 2010, 07:57:10 PM »
Chak De! India

As usual I am curious how my recommendation works out. I hope the release is of good quality. I didn't find much technical details on the DVD release on Amazon.co.uk, but it lists the aspect ratio "4:3 - 1.33:1". I hope for you that this is a misprint. I have the German anamorphic widescreen release, but which sadly only has German subtitles.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: October 20, 2010, 08:15:51 PM »
I didn't find much technical details on the DVD release on Amazon.co.uk, but it lists the aspect ratio "4:3 - 1.33:1". I hope for you that this is a misprint.

This does appear to be wrong as the rear of the box has 16:9 Anamorphic Widescreen [2.35:1 Aspect Ratio]. Subtitles seem to be well catered for here with 7 variations - English/Arabic/Spanish/Dutch/Portugese/Tamil/Malayalam

Like Swades this will probably have to be a weekend viewing.

Dave
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3993 on: October 21, 2010, 02:44:46 AM »
There are the ones I've gotten in the last few weeks.

In Living Color: Season Three

In Living Color: Season Four

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

The Invisible Man

Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant

How to Train Your Dragon

Serving Sara

Chicken Little

Beauty and the Beast

James and the Giant Peach

The Slumber Party Massacre Collection

Humanoids from the Deep

TCM Greatest Classic Films Collection - Horror

Forbidden Planet

RossRoy

« Reply #3994 on: October 21, 2010, 02:54:45 AM »
Not a movie, but I have to mention it ;)

I just got this!

Not even 1 hour in - looking good so far!  :thumbup:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: October 21, 2010, 06:40:06 AM »

I just got this!

I should get mine tonight, will skip any scheduled DVD watching today and jump right in too.

I read about some bugs riddling the experience and Bethesda announicng the first patch... Did you have any troubles?

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #3996 on: October 21, 2010, 11:16:09 AM »
City by the Sea (Magazine)

La Linea (Magazine)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: October 21, 2010, 12:15:44 PM »
and postie put these through the letterbox today

Grindhouse
Grindhouse HMV exclusive
Veer

Dave
Dave

My Library

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: October 21, 2010, 12:46:29 PM »
I should get mine tonight, will skip any scheduled DVD watching today and jump right in too.
I did get it :yahoo: It even came with a hard cover comic book, I guess as pre-order bonus. 8) Down side: The comic is in Japanese :laugh: (which even confused the sales girl, since this is Taiwan, not Japan...).

Critter

« Reply #3999 on: October 21, 2010, 01:17:15 PM »

I just got this!

I like the idea of posting new video games in here. I think I have done it a couple of times before myself. I think it would be cool if all gamers posted their new games as we got them. Do you think that would be a good idea, or is it something best left for a whole different thread?

RossRoy

« Reply #4000 on: October 21, 2010, 02:22:31 PM »
I like the idea of posting new video games in here. I think I have done it a couple of times before myself. I think it would be cool if all gamers posted their new games as we got them. Do you think that would be a good idea, or is it something best left for a whole different thread?

I've posted my new video games acquisitions in here regularly. So go ahead! Quite a few gamers around here too.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4001 on: October 21, 2010, 02:27:48 PM »
I think it would be cool if all gamers posted their new games as we got them. Do you think that would be a good idea, or is it something best left for a whole different thread?
We're in the "Collector's Place", the forum is called "What ya got", the medium for games nowadays usually is a DVD ... so, why not.
Even though a specialized thread might be more interesting, I usually come here and check for the movies that were bought and am not interested in games. But as said before: Why not?

RossRoy

« Reply #4002 on: October 21, 2010, 02:29:01 PM »
I read about some bugs riddling the experience and Bethesda announicng the first patch... Did you have any troubles?

Nothing serious. A few time the Pip-Boy didn't come up right and stopped too low to about the halfway of the bottom buttons. Nothing to prevent me from working it, but it looked odd.

Another time, right at the beginning when you hunt Geckos the first time, the gun came up too high and angled down. I could actually see the shoulders in the screen as if my character was holding the gun above her head. Again, nothing serious and I just had to holster the weapon to fix it.

Other than that, I haven't noticed anything else so far in the 2 hours I played yesterday. Still not out of Goodsprings  :-[

The only thing is I find the "character creation" process to be a lot less interesting than it was in Fallout 3. The reveal of the wasteland has such less impact. Granted this game takes place after the people from the Vaults have gone back out and civilizations are being rebuilt, but still,those first few hours in the vault culminating in the reveal when you exit in Fallout 3 were one of the high point of the game for me. None of that here so far.

Think I'm going to play a little this morning before leaving for work - let's head to Primm!

kahless

« Reply #4003 on: October 21, 2010, 04:14:23 PM »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4004 on: October 21, 2010, 07:25:54 PM »

:clap:
I enjoyed it. Though I must admit that I enjoyed the cut-down version I saw in the cinema better. It removes a subplot which is just horribly executed (compared to the rest of the movie). It must be the only circumstance where I would pay again to own a cut(!) version of a movie. Sadly it is not available anywhere on DVD.