Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 850920 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3945 on: October 13, 2010, 06:20:09 AM »
Zulu Blu is awesome. I was lucky enough to catch Sexy Beast in a boxset of Blu with Shallow Grave, Trainspotting and Gangster No.1 for £14...
I bought the Zulu Blu (I own a DVD version) mostly based on your recomendation and several other online reviews. I only paid approx. £4, so along the lines of your purchase...

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: October 13, 2010, 12:03:01 PM »
Today these arrived

The Exorcist

Haydn: Il Mondo bella Luna

Raajneeti

Swades

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: October 13, 2010, 05:05:50 PM »
A very kind and generous friend is sending me a bunch of DVDs... mostly ones I will be able to use for for Birthday and Christmas presents for Brittany so I can't name them now... but she also has some in the box for me as well....

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
When Harry Potter's name emerges from the Goblet of Fire, he becomes a competitor in a grueling battle for glory among three wizarding schools - the Triwizard Tournament. But since Harry never submitted his name for the Tournament, who did? Now Harry must confront a deadly dragon, fierce water demons and an enchanted maze only to find himself in the cruel grasp of He Who Must Not Be Named. In this fourth film adaptation of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, everything changes as Harry, Ron and Hermione leave childhood forever and take on challenges greater than anything they could have imagined.
White Noise
The year's most disturbing thriller explores the unsettling possibility that the dead can contact us...all we have to do is listen.

When architect Jonathan Rivers (Michael Keaton) loses his wife in a tragic accident, he turns to the shadowy, unnerving world of Electronic Voice Phenomonon – communication from beyond the grave. But as he begins to penetrate the mysteries of E.V.P., Jonathan makes a shocking discovery: once a portal to the other world is opened, there's no telling what will come through it.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
It's Harry's third year at Hogwarts, but a shadow hangs over Hogwart's. A dangerous mass murderer, Sirius Black, has escaped the Azkaban Fortress - the Wizards' Prison. While learning to cope with the Dementors sent to protect Hogwart's, Harry learns the disturbing story of Sirius Black and yet more of his own history.

I think that is it for me. There might be one or two more once I am able to look through the DVDs and figure out everything.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: October 13, 2010, 05:26:33 PM »
I was just told I have this one coming as well...

Funny Games
At their lakeside vacation home, Ann (Naomi Watts), George (Tim Roth) and their son have unexpected visitors: two well-spoken, well-bred young men wearing polite smiles and preppy sportswear. The visitors want to play a game. "You bet that you'll be alive tomorrow at 9:00, and we bet that you'll be dead. OK?"

In this stark thriller based on his acclaimed 1997 film of the same title, director Michael Haneke creates an ever-tightening sense of suspense balanced on a knife's edge between icy fear and shocking surprise. As the terrorized family fights to survive, each plan is thwarted, each option closed, each hour closer to what could be the last. Brutal games. Twisted games. Life-or-death games. Funny Games. Want to play?
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #3949 on: October 13, 2010, 05:52:34 PM »

Great one!
It starts as a conventional slasher and gets more and more surprising.

Watch it to learn what can be achieved by the correct use of a remote control!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: October 13, 2010, 06:03:01 PM »
Looking forward to checking it out. :)
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3951 on: October 13, 2010, 07:48:50 PM »
Swades

I am curious to hear your thoughts on this one.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: October 13, 2010, 08:05:56 PM »
Swades

I am curious to hear your thoughts on this one.

No problemo, I'll bump it up my TBW pile and give it a view over the weekend. Need to give horror a miss as 3 's in row has made me a little jaded with that genre. Hopefully this will prove better as it looks interesting with its culture clash theme.

Dave
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: October 14, 2010, 05:15:40 PM »
Received this one from Amazon this morning

This film was sure hard to find... it was out of stock everywhere and never shown on a canadian webstore (wich explain why I bought it in the USA). I have to canceled two order for it because it was too long before I learned that Amazon received a shipment...

BTW it was send before the other one from amazon canada that I am waiting for (the one who actually is in transit in British Columbia at the other side of the country). Amazon canada started an investigation about this yesterday and asked me to wait untill the 20th, I suppose they will ship it again if I don't get it at this date. It sucks big time since Dark Night of the Scarecrow is in this package...

lovemunkey187

« Reply #3954 on: October 15, 2010, 01:36:52 PM »
The Losers

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3955 on: October 16, 2010, 01:15:11 AM »

Critter

« Reply #3956 on: October 16, 2010, 09:04:53 AM »

Complete Cowboy Bebop

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: October 16, 2010, 08:13:45 PM »
This arrived today

The Losers

Dave
Dave

My Library

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: October 16, 2010, 08:45:09 PM »
Arrived today...

The Pumpkin Karver

The Hunger: The Complete Second Season
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3959 on: October 16, 2010, 09:20:28 PM »
I got a free Blu-ray from the Disney Movie Rewards for my birthday again..second year in a row for that.  I picked Chicken Little.  I wasn't interested in the others offered. 
I've also ordered a few other things when I had the chance to check things..  Slumberparty Massacre, Humanoids From the Deep...I think that's it for now.  I'll have to look.  I need to update Profiler later too.