Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 850883 times)

kahless

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3870 on: September 30, 2010, 08:27:12 PM »

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: September 30, 2010, 09:40:57 PM »
and today's arrivals

Three Ballets by Kenneth MacMillan

Mahler: Symphony No. 1 | Prokofiev: Piano Concerto No. 3

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Rogmeister

« Reply #3872 on: September 30, 2010, 11:39:40 PM »

The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio was a book I read 5 or 6 years ago which I thought was a great read.  It was a woman who helped support her family in the 50s by entering these sweepstakes.  I read they were making a movie on it...I wanted to see it but it never came to my area and then I forgot about it until recently when I came across a review of the movie in Roger Ebert's 4-Star Reviews.  So I ordered it...and it came today.  So I can now finally see the movie.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #3873 on: October 01, 2010, 12:20:14 AM »
Funnily this arrived on Tuesday from Amazon (even though Amazon says it will not be released until Oct. 7)

Iron Man 2

kahless

« Reply #3874 on: October 01, 2010, 03:31:23 PM »
Bought today:

The third part of the Stig Larsson trilogy:

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: October 01, 2010, 05:30:17 PM »
I had to take precious time away from my marathon this morning to go to Walmart with my brother. On the way home we stopped at our local Big Lots where I was hoping to see some of the great deals I have seen others talk about getting there... unfortunately ours had very little of interest to me. I did pick up a couple for $3 each though.

Not expecting much from them... but figured at the price of a rental why not... there has been many most people hate that I liked.

So I grabbed...

Alone in the Dark
Edward Carnby (Christian Slater) is a private investigator specializing in unexplainable supernatural phenomena. His cases delve into the dark corners of the world, searching for truth in the occult remnants of ancient civilizations. Now, the greatest mystery of his past is about to become the most dangerous case he has ever faced. With the help of his ex-girlfriend, archaeologist Aline Cedrac (Tara Reid), and his bitter rival, government agent Richard Burke (Stephen Dorff), Edward is about to learn that just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it cannot kill you!
Stir of Echoes 2: The Homecoming
After returning home from a tour of duty in Iraq, Ted Cogan is haunted by horrifying visions. He soon realizes that he may have brought back more than just a medal of honor.
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: October 02, 2010, 12:04:36 AM »
Just one arrived today

Renée Fleming: An Evening with Renée Fleming

Dave
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: October 02, 2010, 12:47:26 PM »
and today this was received

Forbidden Planet

Dave
Dave

My Library

Rogmeister

« Reply #3878 on: October 02, 2010, 11:59:21 PM »

Today I received a couple of packages containing a total of 13 DVD titles and one CD title.  At Sword's Point is one title I've wanted for some time...a swashbuckler in which Maureen O'Hara gets to do some swordfighting herself.  Other DVD titles I got today include...

Creature From The Black Lagoon: The Legacy Collection is the 6th Legacy Collection I have...I'm not sure but I think I now have all of them.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince brings me up to date on this movie series.

I got 3 movies with special effects by Ray Harryhausen:
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad
Jason and the Argonauts
Clash of the Titans

And the rest of what I got are animated releases of DC super-heroes...

Ruby-Spears Superman--A TV series that came out in the 1980s sometime.  Ruby-Spears refers to the studio that made this series.
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
Green Lantern: First Flight
Superman: Doomsday
Wonder Woman
Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths

Finally, the audio CD I got is DC 75, a collection of music from DC Comics' various movie and TV presentations...themes from Superman, Batman, The Flash, Smallville, etc.  The title refers to this being the 75th anniversary of DC Comics.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 12:01:11 AM by Rogmeister »

lovemunkey187

« Reply #3879 on: October 03, 2010, 10:48:25 AM »

RossRoy

« Reply #3880 on: October 03, 2010, 04:28:24 PM »
Finally received this last week ... bit late considering it came out in July. But at least I received it, it's all that matters!

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #3881 on: October 03, 2010, 11:45:45 PM »
Two more this week:

Babel

Hotel Rwanda

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: October 04, 2010, 12:38:47 AM »
Finally received this last week ... bit late considering it came out in July. But at least I received it, it's all that matters!
But did you contact Michael as I suggest you back in july?

RossRoy

« Reply #3883 on: October 04, 2010, 01:25:45 AM »
But did you contact Michael as I suggest you back in july?
yep. What happened is the first package got lost in the mail or was seized at customs (though I wonder why it would get seized). Either way, I'm just glad to finally have it!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: October 04, 2010, 01:37:44 AM »
What happened is the first package got lost in the mail or was seized at customs (though I wonder why it would get seized).
You would be surprised or maybe not by the weird way our customs works. They have a list but don't respect it at all and take what they want. Can you believe they have seized this one for me back in 2008?

Sometimes they are really pathetic, but since most of our government officials are brainless it isn't that surprising...