Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 850800 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3825 on: September 15, 2010, 07:33:50 PM »
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Amazon.co.uk)
I have never seen it, but it sounds like something I could enjoy.
Sky High (Amazon.co.uk)
Blind buy. Put it on my wishlist after watching "Zoom: Academy of Superheroes".
Pride and Prejudice (Amazon.co.uk)
A former colleague of mine loves this mini series. He has recommended it to me.
Underdog (Amazon.co.uk)
I am curious about this one. Looks like it could be some harmless fun.
Don (Amazon.co.uk)
I have seen the remake. This is the original starring Amitabh Bachchan ("Black"). This is now the oldest Bollywood movie in my collection.

Najemikon

« Reply #3826 on: September 15, 2010, 07:54:21 PM »
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is an amazing film. Perfect role for Nicholson. I did a brief review for my Oscarthon...

http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,5229.msg86021.html#msg86021

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: September 15, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »
:(
Jon when I saw that you posted here I was hopping for a comment on two british movies directed by Norman J. Warren who are in the set I just got...

Najemikon

« Reply #3828 on: September 15, 2010, 08:32:40 PM »
Actually, Jimmy, I missed your post because Tom didn't give a thought to causing a new page!  ;)

Looks like a great set of titles, but I have to be honest, I've seen very little of the more independent horror that picked up when Hammer's time waned. It's an area I want to explore, so I look forward to your comments...  :-[

Rogmeister

« Reply #3829 on: September 16, 2010, 03:00:39 AM »
I saw Sky High in the theater when it was first released.  It was a fun little movie and I liked it better than Zoom.  Lynda Carter had the best line of the movie.  :D

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: September 16, 2010, 08:20:56 AM »
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is an amazing film. Perfect role for Nicholson. I did a brief review for my Oscarthon...

I remember sharing that impression when I first saw it. That was back in the early '80s, I think, and I also saw an excellent stage production of it around that time (with Jörg Gudzuhn). But when I rewatched the movie a couple of years ago, I was rather underwhelmed. I suppose that's because the political relevance it once had in Eastern Europe was gone (putting dissidents into psychatric wards was not uncommon back then).
Matthias

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: September 16, 2010, 01:40:19 PM »
I saw Sky High in the theater when it was first released.  It was a fun little movie and I liked it better than Zoom.  Lynda Carter had the best line of the movie.  :D

Same here :)
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #3832 on: September 16, 2010, 06:54:42 PM »
These two arrived today from Amazon:

Kick-Ass

Najemikon

« Reply #3833 on: September 16, 2010, 08:06:54 PM »

I remember sharing that impression when I first saw it. That was back in the early '80s, I think, and I also saw an excellent stage production of it around that time (with Jörg Gudzuhn). But when I rewatched the movie a couple of years ago, I was rather underwhelmed. I suppose that's because the political relevance it once had in Eastern Europe was gone (putting dissidents into psychatric wards was not uncommon back then).

I can't really appreciate the social side of it directly. It's the emotional side for me and always has been. Each time I've seen it, I've found something new.

EdwinK

« Reply #3834 on: September 16, 2010, 08:35:58 PM »
The Day After

lovemunkey187

« Reply #3835 on: September 17, 2010, 02:01:39 PM »
Kinda curious about this, but why does this require a child profile?
It's the only film in the box so why is it classed as a boxset and not just custom packaging?[/color]

I thought I had set it up as Custom and was waiting for the updates to the enclosed disc before applying them to this. I added the enclosed disc as a child to gather updates to that profile as there would be more owners of that disc than the box-set. Please feel welcome to overwrite if you so wish.

Dave

I probably will have a play at some point, but it threw me a little when I addad the EAN and it asked me if I wanted to add the child profile is all.

kahless

« Reply #3836 on: September 17, 2010, 03:04:10 PM »
Today:

THX 1138 [Blu-ray]

The Game [Blu-ray]

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: September 17, 2010, 06:14:40 PM »
Received this morning from Amazon Canada

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: September 18, 2010, 09:36:02 AM »
Recently I asked if you can recommend something to order from YesAsia, so I will be able to get Free Shipping. But then I started browsing through the bargains and ended up with a bigger order than I had intended  :bag:

Lovely Rivals (YesAsia)

200 Pound Beauty (YesAsia)

Spy Girl (YesAsia)

Hana & Alice (YesAsia)

Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl (YesAsia)

Beast & the Beauty (YesAsia)

Chai Lai (YesAsia)

Devdas (YesAsia)
I don't have luck with this movie. The first time I got it, it didn't have subtitles for the original language track. And now it seems that this release is in 4:3 (according to the cover).

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: September 18, 2010, 02:54:12 PM »
Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl (YesAsia)

Looking at the cover I had feared that I had made a second wrong purchase in one order. It only said Thai language track, but it is a Japanese movie. But I have checked the menu now, and it seems that it has Thai and Japanese language tracks :)