Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 850766 times)

snowcat

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3765 on: September 05, 2010, 06:28:14 PM »
DVD:

Harvey

Friday the 13th part 3

Friday the 13th part 4

Friday the 13th part 5

Dragonball Evoloution

Mash season 1

Powder Blue

Taken

Muppet show season 1

Tremors 2

Tremors 3

Tremors 4

This one im a little confused about as I didnt think it had been released yet :S
Me and Orson Wells

Blu-ray:
Snow white and the seven dwarfs

Pinocchio

Sleeping beauty

Dumbo

Rogmeister

« Reply #3766 on: September 05, 2010, 11:38:33 PM »
I have one of those rickety-looking wooden DVD stands (no back) and I have put the DVDs in it Kathy sent me.  I may start reviewing them soon along with other DVDs of mine.  I really haven't reviewed much of anything lately except for some first episodes of some western TV series.

kahless

« Reply #3767 on: September 06, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »

Agora:
A historical drama set in Roman Egypt, concerning a slave who turns to the rising tide of Christianity in the hopes of pursuing freedom while also falling in love with his master, the famous female philosophy professor and atheist Hypatia of Alexandria.*

Friendship:
A young man from East Germany travels to San Francisco to search for his father, who fled 12 years ago.*

* Text: IMDb

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3768 on: September 07, 2010, 06:40:03 PM »
Kick-Ass (Amazon.co.uk)
 :dance:
Guess what I'll be watching next.

RossRoy

« Reply #3769 on: September 07, 2010, 07:01:42 PM »
Guess what I'll be watching next.

Little House on the Prairie?  :shrug:

(click to show/hide)

SkynetxDx

« Reply #3770 on: September 07, 2010, 09:50:10 PM »
Yesterday from F.Y.E 20$ together

snowcat

« Reply #3771 on: September 07, 2010, 09:51:36 PM »
 :thumbup: Unbreakable!!!

The only film in which
(click to show/hide)

Rogmeister

« Reply #3772 on: September 07, 2010, 10:23:12 PM »
This has nothing to do with DVDs but I thought I'd mention I got my kindle today.  I ordered it about a month ago but they were out of stock.  It's currently charging...it is, of course, for reading ebooks.  I've already ordered Frankenstein for it. :P

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: September 07, 2010, 11:04:20 PM »
These arrived yesterday

Black Lightning

After.Life

Tchaikovsky: The Nutcracker

Handel: Messiah

The Last Song

and this one today

Kick-Ass

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: September 09, 2010, 10:07:41 AM »
   Valerie a týden divu (CZ 1970, AKA Valerie and Her Week of Wonders)
Director: Jaromil Jires
DVD: R0-DE Bildstörung (Aug 13, 2010)

I already have the UK DVD from Second Run, but Bildstörung seems to have improved the image quality (although the SR was already quite good) and they added a new commentary by Eastern Europe experts Peter Hames and Daniel Bird. As for the movie itself: It's a surrealistic horror fairytale, often cited as an influence on Carter/Jordan's Company of Wolves, although the latter pales in comparison.
   The Yellow Handkerchief (2008)
Director: Udayan Prasad
DVD: R2-DE X Verleih/Warner (Jul 30, 2010)

With all the Twilight hype, it remains a mystery to me why a movie starring Kristen Stewart remains hidden for more than two years after its initial Sundance premiere. But believe it or not, the German DVD is the only one available worldwide. I wonder if I have to wait another two years for Welcome to the Rileys as well.
Matthias

kahless

« Reply #3775 on: September 09, 2010, 03:27:58 PM »
Bought today:

Cass
An orphaned Jamaican baby is adopted by an elderly white couple and brought up in an all white area of London and becomes one of the most feared and respected men in Britain. Based on a true story.

Waltz with Bashir
An Israeli film director interviews fellow veterans of the 1982 invasion of Lebanon to reconstruct his own memories of his term of service in that conflict.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: September 09, 2010, 08:34:34 PM »
Today these arrived

A Zed & Two Noughts

Schumann: Homage to Robert Schumann

Mahler: Symphony No. 2 "Resurrection"

Mahler: Symphony No. 6

Dave
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: September 10, 2010, 07:27:08 PM »
Arrived in the mail today...

Trick 'r Treat
A creepy, darkly comic celebration of the scariest night of the year from producer BRYAN SINGER (director of X-Men  and Superman Returns) and writer-director MICHAEL DOUGHERTY (co-scripter of X2  and Superman Returns ). Trick 'R Treat  takes the Creepshow/Tales from the Crypt  approach to nefarious new depths with four interwoven tales set on Halloween night: a high school principal (DYLAN BAKER) moonlights as a vicious serial killer; the quest of a young virgin (ANNA PAQUIN) for that special someone takes a gruesome turn; a group of teens carries out a cruel prank with disastrous consequences; and a cantankerous old man (BRIAN COX) battles a mischievous trick-or-treating demon.
Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane
Unholy terror is unleashed in the skies when a deadly, genetically engineered virus is released onboard a transatlantic flight to Paris in this heart-stopping thrill-ride of terror!

When a scientist on the run from the CIA manages to smuggle a contaminated body onto a commercial overseas flight, the plane becomes an incubator for a quickly growing army of the undead. With a zombie invasion spreading through the cabin, only a handful of passengers remains to fight off their fellow travelers and land the plane before it's too late.
The Final Destination
The movie series that taps into your deepest fears returns with a new and imaginative chapter that delivers the expected — in so many keep-you-guessing, unexpected ways! A strange premonition causes friends to abandon their day at the speedway, just before a crushing pileup hurtles cars into the bleachers with fiery consequences. They have cheated Death. But Death is only getting started. From the director of Snakes on a Plane comes the eerie, innovative tale of the friends' fierce fight to keep themselves and others alive.
Rest Stop: The Collection
Unrated/Uncut terror ahead - don't miss the off-ramp!  En route to Hollywood, runaway lovers Jess and Nicole make an unscheduled pit stop into the lair of a madman who has his ripping, slashing, drilling tools at the ready.  Stop awhile, but don't expect rest as director John Shiban (writer/executive producer of Supernatural) keeps the shocks and twists coming in Rest Stop: Dead Ahead (Side A).  There's no rest for the wicked as more unsuspecting young travelers exit into the killer's domain in Rest Stop: Don't Look Back (Side B).  The roadtrippers are not alone.  The roaming RV of living corpses is back, and the vengeance-seeking ghosts of Jesse and Nicole show up too!
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: September 10, 2010, 11:14:20 PM »
and today the following arrived

Wagner: Rienzi

Mozart: Così fan tutte

Mozart: Don Giovanni

Dave
Dave

My Library

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: September 11, 2010, 01:36:30 PM »
While still in Germany I purchased these:

Vorstadtkrokodile 2
Der Wixxer
Wer früher stirbt ist länger tot
Rohtenburg
AC/DC: Live at Donington