Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 850723 times)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3750 on: September 04, 2010, 08:49:47 PM »
This arrived today

Opera & Ballet

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

hal9g

« Reply #3751 on: September 04, 2010, 08:55:47 PM »
Found a $35 Best Buy gift card in my wallet that I didn't know I had, and went on a spree (the DVDs) listed were only $3.99 each and the Blu rays were either $7.99 or $9.99 (except of course for Lost).

Edit: T3, Bad Lieutenant and The Code are actually the Blu ray versions although you can't tell from the pictures below.

The Doors

Charlie Wilson's War

The Code

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

Lost: The Complete Sixth Season: The Final Season

Fracture

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 08:58:24 PM by Hal »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3752 on: September 04, 2010, 09:58:45 PM »
Interesting, I own CD's from "Die Toten Hosen" but was not aware that they are on blu ray!  :)

It's the second Blu I got from them. I also have some DVDs.

Rogmeister

« Reply #3753 on: September 04, 2010, 11:11:50 PM »
I just got 3 boxes filled with DVDs...these are what Pete would call DVD care packages (but what I got is more like a care convoy!). Kathy offered me these and I only had to pay the shipping...thanks, Kathy!  :thanks: Here is a rundown of what's in each box...

Box One--3000 Miles to Graceland, Big Fish, City By The Sea, Boiling Point, Brokeback Mountain, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, Closer, Code Hunter, Collateral, Con Express, Confidence, Creature From The Black Lagoon, The Cutting Edge, Daredevil, Darkness Falls, Deadly Drifter, Dinner With Friends, D.O.A. (original version starring Edmund O'Brien and Beverly Garland), Driven, Enemy at the Gates, Fahrenheit 9/11, Far From Heaven, The Fast and the Furious, Fearless, Feeling Minnesota, Femme Fatale, Fire Down Below, Five Corners (Jodie Foster!), Frailty, Frequency. (30 titles) :drooling:

A few notes...these movies actually arrived already in alphabetical order which was a nice surprise.  Many of these movies I am unfamiliar with so it's not just movies I've seen time and time again.  Several of the movies are in full screen (pan & scan) format, which I'm not that crazy about...but then, many of these movies are ones I'd never get around to seeing on my own anyway.    :tv:  Onward...

Box Two--Frogs, Frosty the Snowman (Rankin/Bass special), Get Carter, Glory, Godsend, Go Fish, Guess Who, Hangmen, Hard Cash, Hart's War, Heat, Hong Kong 1941, Hulk, I Am Sam, Identity, In America, In The Kingdom of the Blind, The Italian Job (remake), Joy Ride, King Kong (Peter Jackson version), The Last Time I Saw Paris (Van Johnson & Elizabeth Taylor), Legends of the Fall, Lemony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Made, The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions, Men of Honor (29 titles)  :yahoo:

Box Three--The Mummy Returns, Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Orange County, Paparazzi, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Planet of the Apes (Tim Burton version), The Pledge, Proof of Life, Pump Up The Volume, Reckless + Wild, Red Planet, Red Surf, The Replacement Killers, The Ring, Rock Star, Romeo Must Die, Romper Stomper, ,Ronin, Secret Window, Syriana, To Die To Sleep, Trouble Bound, Underworld, U.S. Navy Carriers: Weapons of War, Valentine, Vanilla Sky, The Virgin of Juarez, Visions (Erik Estrada!), Visitors of the Night, xXx (30 titles)  :stars:

So I wound up with 89 titles...I think these are all movies I didn't have before.  I am not positive but I may have already had Daredevil...if so, that is the only one and if I have it, I think the one I had was a 1-disc version...the one I just got is a 2-disc set.  I like the fact there are a handful of classic movies in here (even if one of them is Frogs!).  I don't think I need to buy anymore DVDs for a year...it'll take me that long to watch these!  Are there any hidden gems in here?  I can watch the entire Matrix series now...I've never seen one of those movies.  I'm glad there's a couple Robert De Niro movies in here as well as a couple of George Clooney.  Sylvester Stallone...meh.  But overall, I'm extremely happy with what I got.  Once again, thanks a bunch, Kathy!   :cheers:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: September 04, 2010, 11:28:32 PM »
The boxes were in alphabetical order...do I have a problem or what?!?  :whistle:

Wait until you open one of the cases...I even put a little bubble wrap inside each one of them too! One of my friends asked why I do that; I explained that I like to include a little toy inside DVD. You carry the pocket sized bubble wrap in case you need something to play with when your bored!  :laugh:

Rogmeister

« Reply #3755 on: September 04, 2010, 11:31:39 PM »
Wow, I noticed a bit of bubble wrap in a couple I glanced inside...but I didn't realize you did it for every one!  If I find any inside the few that are still sealed...then you ARE good!  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: September 04, 2010, 11:39:14 PM »
 :laugh: Yeah... no one packs them as good as Kathy! Not even the stores you buy from new!

Congrats!  :thumbup:
Pete

hal9g

« Reply #3757 on: September 05, 2010, 12:44:19 AM »
Wow, how very generous of you Kathy.   :cheers:

I hope you haven't given away your entire collection!   :-\

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3758 on: September 05, 2010, 04:12:18 AM »
Wow..nice bunch of movies to get.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3759 on: September 05, 2010, 10:17:49 AM »
The Simpsons: The Thirteenth Season

The Return of Dracula / The Vampire

Galaxy of Terror

Najemikon

« Reply #3760 on: September 05, 2010, 12:05:56 PM »
The boxes were in alphabetical order...do I have a problem or what?!?  :whistle:

Wait until you open one of the cases...I even put a little bubble wrap inside each one of them too! One of my friends asked why I do that; I explained that I like to include a little toy inside DVD. You carry the pocket sized bubble wrap in case you need something to play with when your bored!  :laugh:

I do the bubble wrap thing too, when selling online.  :laugh: Cuts down on the chance of the recipient getting a 'rattler'. I've only known one bought DVD do the same. I think it was a Region 3 too, but there was a special bit of plastic over the disc button, so there was no way the disc could loosen.

Rogmeister

« Reply #3761 on: September 05, 2010, 02:19:05 PM »
Despite what Kathy said, I have found one of the discs to be minus any bit of bubble wrap...a movie called Hong Kong 1941.  But I'll forgive her!  :laugh:

By the way, despite the huge haul I just got from Kathy, I have gone ahead and ordered two more movies.  This is because I found that I movie I've wanted since I got my first DVD player, At Sword's Point, has finally been released as part of the Warner Archive Collection.  This means it's on a DVD-R...nice quality prints on the ones I've seen before...but no extras.  This is a swashbuckler film starring Maureen O'Hara.  Oh yeah, Cornel Wilde is in it, too.  I also ordered a western I recently found out about, Gun The Man Down.  Surprisingly, the three actors named on the cover are all still alive, despite the fact this movie came out over 50 years ago: James Arness, Angie Dickinson and Harry Carey Jr.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 02:24:52 PM by Rogmeister »

EdwinK

« Reply #3762 on: September 05, 2010, 02:40:52 PM »
I just got 3 boxes filled with DVDs...

Wow.. That is a nice gift.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: September 05, 2010, 06:13:06 PM »
(...) part of the Warner Archive Collection.  This means it's on a DVD-R...nice quality prints on the ones I've seen before...but no extras. 
Roger you do realize that when you bought one of their overprice DVD-R it's like telling them : Way to go guys! Continue to produce short life DVD-R and sell them for more than a regular DVD...

Not sure if it's the good message to send to the greedy studio :shrug:
Anyway why pay more than 15$ for a DVD-R... it isn't like it was that hard or costly to self-press a real DVD, Alpha Blue Archive does that with their materials.

Rogmeister

« Reply #3764 on: September 05, 2010, 06:19:01 PM »
Well, I have not buy many of those Warner Archive Collection discs.  This is only the 2nd one I have bought I think...or the 3rd at most.  And I didn't buy it directly from them but from a 3rd party who had already purchased it themselves.  I did save about $8 from the Amazon price by going that route.  I can't think of another movie I would want so much I'd pay big bucks for.  Of course, I see many current movies that come out at over $20 a crack for...of course many of those are 2-disc special editions so I guess most would say those are worth it.  And they are official DVDs, not DVD-Rs.  :whistle: