Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856181 times)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3285 on: June 14, 2010, 12:38:10 PM »
Today Miss Postie handed me a packet containing

World on a Wire
Looks good after seeing goodguy's thread here
Jodhaa Akbar
For Tom and Kahless - the running time on the cover is 212 mins
the running time of the disc is 123 mins before the intermission and 91 mins after therefore 214 mins total
amazon uk got it wrong

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: June 14, 2010, 12:53:34 PM »
Today I received:

The African Queen
Ratatouille
A Bug's Life
Toy Story
Toy Story 2

kahless

« Reply #3287 on: June 14, 2010, 01:26:15 PM »
[...]
Jodhaa Akbar
the running time of the disc is 123 mins before the intermission and 91 mins after therefore 214 mins total
amazon uk got it wrong

Dave

Thanks for this info! Now I have to think about a blu-ray update of this movie...  :headscratch:

Bollywood on blu-ray must be marvellous!  :drooling:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3288 on: June 14, 2010, 07:15:05 PM »
amazon uk got it wrong

Thanks for the info. Coincidentally I ordered it yesterday from Amazon.de. I think it will be the same transfer.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: June 14, 2010, 10:36:51 PM »
I don't remember in which thread we talked about Blu-ray releases of Bollywood movies, so I post it here.
I stumbled across two other UK Blu-ray releases. Sadly only after I already bought the German DVD releases:

Chak De! India

Billu Barber

Another great movie available on Blu: Ghajini

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3290 on: June 15, 2010, 08:45:12 AM »
Yesterday I got:

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:58:34 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Critter

« Reply #3291 on: June 15, 2010, 08:50:53 AM »
Oh why did I have to buy the Kill Bills on DVD! Just the thought of seeing all those limbs and that blood floating around in blu-ray is almost enough to make me upgrade (which I NEVER do).

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3292 on: June 15, 2010, 08:57:28 AM »
Oh why did I have to buy the Kill Bills on DVD! Just the thought of seeing all those limbs and that blood floating around in blu-ray is almost enough to make me upgrade (which I NEVER do).

I'll still hold on to my Japanese DVD version of Vol. 1 because it has everything(!) in colour!
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

snowcat

« Reply #3293 on: June 15, 2010, 09:33:20 AM »

I'll still hold on to my Japanese DVD version of Vol. 1 because it has everything(!) in colour!

Yup, I even cut the scene so I could keep a copy of it on my hard drive and scare people  :laugh: so much more impressive in colour... and the final scene is more impressive when it is extended.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: June 15, 2010, 03:45:52 PM »
As the others said, at least the tea house scene is still in b&w. Who knows when QT will find the time to get back to fixing up that Whole Bloody Affair :shrug:.

FWIW, the picture quality gets best marks in almost all reviews. I have pushed back watching them for far too long :bag:

Yup, I even cut the scene so I could keep a copy of it on my hard drive and scare people  :laugh: so much more impressive in colour... and the final scene is more impressive when it is extended.
I only have the R1 :weep:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: June 15, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »
Phase IV (1974)
The Company of Wolves (UK 1984)
I know I have seen Phase IV (at least I am pretty certain) but don't remember any of it.

Killer ants from outer space! Just kidding (sort-of). Some strange cosmic event induces a change in the behavior of ants. Scientists in a desert observation station try to make sense of it.

The Comnpany of the Wolves is basically Little Red Hiding Hood (?; anyway: Rotkäppchen) retold for adults. I have always liked it myself and wouldn't mind upgrading my DVD.

If you like it, maybe you should give the Czech film a try. Has been released by Second Run in the UK.

World on a Wire
Looks good after seeing goodguy's thread here

:thumbup: Achim can vouch that this is no artsy aberration of mine and can be enjoyed by normal people. ;)
Matthias

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: June 15, 2010, 06:20:27 PM »
Jodhaa Akbar (Amazon.de)
My copy has now arrived :)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: June 15, 2010, 06:28:31 PM »
There is one thing I hate about collecting Bollywood movies: There don't seem to be many contributing Profiler users who own them. For almost all Bollywood purchases I have to create the profile from scratch and make scans myself :(
I don't really mind the work, but I usually have to hold back one or two days to post here until the scans are accepted to the online database.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: June 15, 2010, 06:35:25 PM »
The same happen with most of my movies (not that I take what is in the database anyway). But since I host my collection somewhere else I can post here immediatly after I complete the profile for a dvd.

RossRoy

« Reply #3299 on: June 15, 2010, 06:42:34 PM »
The same happen with most of my movies (not that I take what is in the database anyway). But since I host my collection somewhere else I can post here immediatly after I complete the profile for a dvd.

The joys of phpdvdprofiler! Though I still have to remember to regenerate thumbnails - sometimes they don't get created for some reason and thus don't upload.