Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855387 times)

Najemikon

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3045 on: May 08, 2010, 04:38:35 PM »
Beware Curb Your Enthusiasm, Emma. You didn't like the British Office and it's similar in that it's based on humour from embarrassment. I think Ricky Gervais has cited it as an inspiration. You must give it a chance, of course, just don't be looking for another Friends.

snowcat

« Reply #3046 on: May 08, 2010, 04:42:52 PM »
Interesting because my friend that talks about it non-stop is the biggest Ricky Gervais hater in the universe! but he showed me some clips on the net and it looked quite funny.

It cost me just £3 so even If I dislike it, it was cheap

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: May 08, 2010, 04:45:30 PM »
Today the following arrived

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan

it's Complicated

Zulu

The Italian Job

Where the Wild Things Are

Dust Devil: The Final Cut
Bought this on amazon marketplace following a recommendation from northbloke after my review of Hardware and its subsequent discuusion

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3048 on: May 08, 2010, 04:45:48 PM »
Beware Curb Your Enthusiasm, Emma. You didn't like the British Office and it's similar in that it's based on humour from embarrassment. I think Ricky Gervais has cited it as an inspiration. You must give it a chance, of course, just don't be looking for another Friends.

If you like the character George on Seinfeld, there is a good chance you like Curb Your Enthusiasm. George was based on Larry David (character-wise), and it is really astonishing how much this holds true.

snowcat

« Reply #3049 on: May 08, 2010, 04:47:26 PM »

If you like the character George on Seinfeld, there is a good chance you like Curb Your Enthusiasm. George was based on Larry David (character-wise), and it is really astonishing how much this holds true.

Cool! I like what I have seen of Seinfeld.... thats another series id like to buy

karmesinrot

« Reply #3050 on: May 08, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »
Interesting because my friend that talks about it non-stop is the biggest Ricky Gervais hater in the universe! but he showed me some clips on the net and it looked quite funny.

It cost me just £3 so even If I dislike it, it was cheap

Dude where did you buy from for £3! Bargainous! I'm on my third rewatch of Buffy, I bought the full set from Amazon 2 years ago when it was actually reasonably priced. It took me nearly a year to finish watching it the second time round as Buffy just gets soooo annoying and whiny throughout the seasons! Love watching it for the other characters and the jokes though! This time I'm watching it in rotation with Friends and it's a lot better :P

snowcat

« Reply #3051 on: May 08, 2010, 08:22:29 PM »
From a Playtrade seller on Play.com ;P I love PlayTrade!

karmesinrot

« Reply #3052 on: May 08, 2010, 09:57:05 PM »
From a Playtrade seller on Play.com ;P I love PlayTrade!
Hmm I'll have to check that out sometime, so far I have only bought secondhand from Ebay and Amazon marketplace

snowcat

« Reply #3053 on: May 08, 2010, 09:58:24 PM »
You cant search by seller unfortunately, but a company called ZoverStocks on Playtrade sell things for great prices! and they are generally very good condition!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3054 on: May 09, 2010, 05:39:26 AM »

Najemikon

« Reply #3055 on: May 09, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »
Blade Runner not on Blu? Oooooh....   :tease:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3056 on: May 09, 2010, 06:41:56 PM »
I got that one right before I got the Blu-ray player...and it was only $8.  Plus, I haven't seen the movie..I know..bad me.  But I decided to fix that. 

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: May 10, 2010, 06:24:51 AM »
I got that one right before I got the Blu-ray player...and it was only $8.
I understand... I also purchased DVD rihgt up to the point when I bought the PS3. Actually, I think Blade Runner one of the last things I bought on DVD before I bought the PS3 and it was my first double-dip on Blu.

I somewhat prepared though, buying the DVD with the suitcase special packaging and then upgrading to the Blu-ray 5-disc release.

Critter

« Reply #3058 on: May 10, 2010, 07:29:40 AM »
I got that one right before I got the Blu-ray player...and it was only $8.  Plus, I haven't seen the movie..I know..bad me.  But I decided to fix that. 

I got WALL-E on DVD before I got a blu-ray player  :weep:
If I had any DVD I would trade in to blu-ray it would be that one.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: May 10, 2010, 09:20:46 AM »
I got WALL-E on DVD before I got a blu-ray player  :weep:
If I had any DVD I would trade in to blu-ray it would be that one.
...and you would be right to do so ;)

Although, Pixare films do usually already look quite amazing on DVD. I remember seeing the Ratatouille DVD and wondering how that could possibly be better on Blu-ray. Regardless, it's queued to be upgraded soon :-[