Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 823757 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2700 on: February 16, 2010, 09:45:54 AM »
Did you forget that I'm an Uwe Boll fan? According to the critics this one is suppose to be the best movie he had ever done and when you think that it follows Seed, BloodRayne II, In the Name of the King and Postal that sound awesome to my ears ;D
Thinking that he also did House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark it doesn't say much to me :tease:

Maybe in 20 or 30 years people will watch his films in a similar way we watch Ed Wood movies. Maybe a 90-year old Tim Burton will film the story of his life :hysterical:

snowcat

« Reply #2701 on: February 16, 2010, 11:41:24 AM »

Demolition man.... I was actually given this though :p

lovemunkey187

« Reply #2702 on: February 16, 2010, 11:45:33 AM »
According to the critics this one is suppose to be the best movie he had ever done and when you think that it follows Seed, BloodRayne II, In the Name of the King and Postal that sound awesome to my ears ;D

I did pick this up and was actually stood int he queue to pay but then I read the back in more detail. Having one Uwe Boll film in my collection is one too many.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: February 16, 2010, 11:58:40 AM »
l'arrivée de la journée

Dans la brume électrique

This is the Director's Cut of "In the Electric Mist".

I'm looking forward to comparing this with the US/International cut I've already reviewed here

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: February 16, 2010, 01:52:22 PM »
Thinking that he also did House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark it doesn't say much to me :tease:
I did pick this up and was actually stood int he queue to pay but then I read the back in more detail. Having one Uwe Boll film in my collection is one too many.
Guys you should give him another chance, since he isn't a bad director at all. A lot of actual director are way awfull than he is. Except for Alone in the Dark none of his films are really bad or at least they are enjoyable, yes even House of the Dead is an enjoyable zombie film (certainly more than Land of the Dead and all the idiotic parody like Zombieland). Heart of America is a good film about the school shooting, Blackwoods is a nice twisted thriller, BloodRayne 1 & 2 are two well made vampire films (the second one is better and a third part is in production), In the Name of the King is an action fantasy in the same category than LOTR that is hurt by a too short running time, Seed is a really violent criminal revenge film (just over the top for one scene), Postal is a great comedy for what I've watched (the second half of my dvd doesn't work) and Tunnel Rats is supposed to be a different kind of war movie where we see the bad side of it from the two party at war.

I agree he had done one bad movie (most of the problems are because of the studio interference), but you have to pass the childish internet bashing and give him a real chance. You know how I dislike almost everything new and after I've decided to give him a chance his films hooked me so much that he is actually the only director who make me feel perfectly safe to blind buy his productions.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: February 16, 2010, 06:57:55 PM »
BloodRayne 1 & 2 are two well made vampire films (the second one is better ...

Until recently, I had never seen an Uwe Boll movie, although I was aware that they are generally considered pretty awful. Then I catched BloodRayne 2 on TV. Let's just say, it was much, much worse than I expected.
Matthias

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: February 16, 2010, 07:30:03 PM »
It was on TV so it was probably a cut version. TV isn't the best way to watch a movie since you will get a censored version that will be cut for the publicity and dub in another language...

To be honest Mathias I don't think any Uwe Boll's movie would be in your cinematic taste... I just had an hard time imagining you watching them when I know what kind of film you watch usually. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 07:34:11 PM by Jimmy »

lovemunkey187

« Reply #2707 on: February 17, 2010, 11:12:06 AM »
I paid to watch House Of The Dead at the cinema, this was before there was a lot of (justified) Boll-bashing and thought that it was God awful, and against my better judgement I gave Bloodrayne a chance.

I'm a big fan of The Stath, that is the only reason I bought Name of the King.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: February 18, 2010, 05:25:13 PM »
OK Guys... this is a very weird situation. I used to be a member of Columbia House. But I fulfilled the membership agreement and left there I guess over a year ago. Several months ago I tried to rejoin. I am talking several months ago... well before my mother past away this past October. But I got an error message on their website... so I just said the hell with it... I won't bother.

It turns out that the membership application did go through... but was lost in the system. They apparently found the application and put it through on the 5th of this month. And sent out the enrollment DVDs (3 Movies for $3 plus free Shipping) on the 9th of this month.

Luckily I didn't buy any of the selected 3 since then... so I have coming (should be here any day)....

X-Files: I Want to Believe
I watched this one on cable one day months ago... looking forward to adding it to my collection... and now once again will have all titles X-Files in my collection.

The Unborn
Horror movie that I really don't know much anything about... just thought the title and description sounded interesting

Watchmen
I watched this one on On-Demand for a marathon not that long ago... but didn't think too highly of it. An ok movie but not my usual style. But I will give it another chance... and hey... it was only $1 so can't complain.

Also in the email they sent me an apology for the lost membership application... along with a code to get 1 free movie with free shipping. Who am I to turn down a free movie? So I just ordered...

Paranormal Activity
I heard some good things so wanted to check it out.
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #2709 on: February 19, 2010, 10:23:39 AM »

The Unborn
Horror movie that I really don't know much anything about... just thought the title and description sounded interesting

I've actually watched this, this last week and really enjoyed.

Quite a few really creepy moments.  :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: February 19, 2010, 02:10:49 PM »
Thanks... hopefully it will come in time for this weekend's marathon (either today or tomorrow).  :)
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: February 20, 2010, 12:24:50 PM »
Today's arrival

Ocean Waves

Don't know too much about this but the 2 reviews on amazon UK paint it in a good light.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #2712 on: February 21, 2010, 03:37:11 AM »
Forbidden Planet

This arrived from Amazon marketplace.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: February 22, 2010, 09:03:34 PM »
Arrived today...

Funny thing... the Free disc they gave me to apologize for my inconvenience came before the 3 I got for the introductory offer.
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #2714 on: February 22, 2010, 09:06:54 PM »
... I wanted to stop buying DVDs to give me a chance to watch what I had....

Up Blu-ray with bonus DVD copy

I don't have a Blu-ray player But I want to get one soon.

;p and this was only £2 more then the DVD